• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata announced for PC, game shipping Early 2017 on both platforms

Whenever my smartphone suddenly shakes three times in a row, warning me that three new threads were created in less than three seconds, I know there are big news coming.

Never played a NieR game, I'm eager to try this.

4jjiyoon

giphy.gif

Yooo that's some good news. I'm hoping this may lead to a NieR PC port.

Platinum are good at doing their own ports so I'm still getting the PS4 version
and that I only have a garbage laptop

FelipeMGM

Great news, and I never understood why this was a PS exclusive anyway. Sony does not seem involved at all with this, the PC version announcement was a matter of time

Tapejara

That's awesome news. Will probably still pick it up on PS4, but I hope they port the original over to PC as well. (And Drakengard 3 too, because that game deserves better performance).

Eolz

It was never really announced as an exclusive (like ni no kuni 2), so excellent news :)
Doubt it'll be the only other platform too...

Hylian7

Dumb question: I really like Platinum games, but I have never played the first Nier. Do I need to play it before this one?

Yes, I know I eventually need to play the original Nier.

Byvar

I'm getting it on PS4, but the announcement video made me lol.
Also, I'm looking forward to that Emi Evans song they said they will share on @Nier_JPN later today.

Great news, and I never understood why this was a PS exclusive anyway. Sony does not seem involved at all with this, the PC version announcement was a matter of time

Tales from my ass but I think Steam release was always going to happen later on like with many SE titles these days but they decided to do it day 1 with PS4 rather than wait. I doubt Nier is the kind of game many would have double dipped.

Durante

Dumb question: I really like Platinum games, but I have never played the first Nier. Do I need to play it before this one?

Yes, I know I eventually need to play the original Nier.
I don't know if you specifically need to play it before this one. But yes, you should really play it.

Hektor

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS IS THE BEST DAY THE BEST GAME OH YM GOD AS IF IT COULDNT GET ANY BETTER

THANK YOU YOKO! THANK YOU P*! THANK YOU SQUARE ENIX!

Somnia

WELP!

If they would announce FFXV day and date for PC already... owning a console is become less and less needed for me. Madden GAF and Persona 5 are 2 of the only reasons right now. Well... and some Sony 1st parties.

NieR noob here. I read this is an Action-RPG title, but from the trailers I'm seeing this looks like a pure action game. Wtf?

Andyliini

Well, one less reason to buy a PS4, then. Altough I have to upgrade my PC if I were to ever play this game on it...

Top Bottom