• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata announced for PC, game shipping Early 2017 on both platforms

duckroll

Are they going to bother porting NeiR to Steam as well? Would be nice to be able to try it out without turning the PS3 on...

pNMNb.gif

Arizato

This makes me so happy! The game looks so good already, but it will look even more beautiful on a PC, looking forward to seeing those desert and forest environments on PC!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are they going to bother porting NeiR to Steam as well? Would be nice to be able to try it out without turning the PS3 on...

It's a safe assumption given Squeenix has spent the past couple of years (and some change) filling in the Final Fantasy blanks.

DrArchon

So now the only reason I have to get a PS4 is for TLG.

I wonder if I can resist and just stick with PC for the whole gen.

Parsnip

Shocking, shocking!

Still need to play the first game, I wish they'd just bring it to PC too so I wouldn't have to dig out my 360 copy.

Expected and good. It's an SE game after all. They'd let it out on a 70's toaster if it was possible. Good for people hoping for a PC release. I'll probably double dip later in a sale.

Now, for that inevitable XV announcement.

Does this mean PC in addition to Xbone and PS4? Did they mention release date exclusivity for the platforms?

There's no deal for this IIRC, only FFVII:R is timed. They're releasing it on PS4 first because of the playerbase, also the JPN numbers. X1 would soon follow.

J-Skee

This is awesome for people playing on PC, but can the original Nier come to modern hardware? At least make it digital? Sucks that you can only get it on disc.

Top Bottom