• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

TissueBox

Finish sidequest. Report it to quest giver.
Emotional conversation. Bang, sad vocal song kicks in. Sit there listening to it, taking in the melancholy.
Stuff like that is why this game is somethin' lol.
It just indulges you in dat music.
'It's almost cheating. >_<

That sidequest you guys are mentioning... I don't think it's a sidequest.

Also, look on top of the destroyed
Goliath

Went there but found nothing, and I'm pretty sure I checked everywhere. >_< Not sure what else to call it... unless you're implying it's a 'main' one?

So what's the best way to get this downloaded? What store (and therefore tied currency) is best to download it from? Where's the best place to get PS Store credit? I can't wait anymore until March 10.

BRKsEDU

Neo Member
Quick question: just downloaded the first 10GB which means I can already play the game... will I get stuck at a downloading / installing screen after 10 minutes of gameplay as usual or will it actually let me play for a while?

N° 2048

So what's the best way to get this downloaded? What store (and therefore tied currency) is best to download it from? Where's the best place to get PS Store credit? I can't wait anymore until March 10.

HK PSN store.
Play Asia for HK PSN card.

Don't forget
to enable two step auth on your new PSN account.

antibolo

Banned
I guess I'm buying the Asia version on digital then. Don't want to wait for the NA release date which is after the Switch, bleh.

I currently have $54 in my HK account right now, so I guess with $300 + $80 cards I will be good to go!

Is Play-Asia really the best price for HK cards right now?

I guess I'm buying the Asia version on digital then. Don't want to wait for the NA release date which is after the Switch, bleh.

I currently have $54 in my HK account right now, so I guess with $300 + $80 cards I will be good to go!

Is Play-Asia the best price for HK cards right now?

Yeah, pretty much.

To those saying I'm making it sound like the Path to Ending B isn't repetitive, lol. You guys obviously aren't as far as I am.

There is new content, of course. But it's largely the same.

I feel like path to Endings C and D
will be very different though.

Finish sidequest. Report it to quest giver. Emotional conversation. Bang, sad vocal song kicks in. Sit there listening to it, taking in the melancholy. Stuff like that is why this game is somethin' lol. It just indulges you in dat music. It's almost cheating. >_<

Went there but found nothing, and I'm pretty sure I checked everywhere. >_< Not sure what else to call it... unless you're implying it's a 'main' one?

Oh was it a side mission? My bad. I thought it was a main one.

I already have the game pre-ordered for the Western release, and I want a physical copy, and I'm not going to buy the game twice, but oh man it's going to be hard waiting out these next couple of weeks knowing I could have it right now :p

One of those times when a backlog really comes in handy; plenty of games to take my mind off it.

TissueBox

You might want to put tags around that since it can be considered as ruining the experience of folks having said event happen for themselves.

Sorry got carried away there. :p >_< Tagged.

Oh was it a side mission? My bad. I thought it was a main one.

Yes I believe it is though at this point I just want to find the whatever-it-is I need to find and get it done lol. If anything it does look to be an important one. Will get to it later though.

EDIT: Welp the gods have answered I think.
Apparently you just needed to be in front of it? Because doing so in my case triggered a dialogue and voila. Or maybe it's the game's way of trying to give me a hint.
In any case I'm not complaining lol. Onward.

EDIT #2: False alarm, it's for a different side quest.

Grisby

You guys think they'll make any more of those black box editions on the Square store? It just has a wait list.

What I really want is that soundtrack.

Exentryk

From Platinum Games:
C5UWoJaUYAAzDjp.jpg

OK, Very Hard selected.

Someone hold me ;_;

Let me know when you drop down to Hard because Very Hard in this game sounds like total nonsense. I guess the cool thing about Very Hard as a concept is that you can pump all the money you get into Upgrades since Health is irrelevant.

12BoM

without any spoilers please what are some story impressions? dont have concerns about gameplay or soundtrack.

pick one

very good
good
average
poor
piss poor

Minor UI aesthetic detail:
the tutorial/system messages kind of seem like the inside of 2B's blindfold.

It might just be a coincidence since it's a pretty generic format, but I still think it's neat.

Urthor

Not sure it title is sarcasm or game's a disappointment. Prolly gonna stay outta spoilers until they put Denuvo on the PC port regardless though.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Gave in and purchased HK$ (it's cheaper to get 2x$80 + 1x$300 btw) March 10 was too far away.

Edit: After this and Gravity Rush Remastered I now have $54HKD left over, no idea what to do with that

Not sure it title is sarcasm or game's a disappointment. Prolly gonna stay outta spoilers until they put Denuvo on the PC port regardless though.

I'm only a few hours in, but it's definitely promising so far. The combat is pretty fun too.

I don't think anything will ever beat Drakengard 3's final boss, though. Every time I think of it I just want to rant about how amazing it was.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

If you read the OT you would know the reasoning behind the title...

Next OT title should be called "In a future where nobody reads"

pezzie

I beat
the part where the demo ends, the first mission

Now I can't save until the rest of the game finishes downloading, lol. 74 minutes to go, not too bad tonight. :)

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
To those saying I'm making it sound like the Path to Ending B isn't repetitive, lol. You guys obviously aren't as far as I am.
There is new content, of course. But it's largely the same.
Sounds like 7-8/10, a 7 hours great game, amIright?

pezzie

Man playing this game just feels so good.

I only played the demo once, almost 2 months ago. I can't wait til the rest of the game finishes downloading.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like you can play after the first 10GB or so downloads.

Release date stuff for this game has been crazy. Can't believe retail release here is still two weeks away

Edit: My name is all over those screenshots apparently, people know what a downloading game looks like already

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Looks like you can play after the first 10GB or so downloads.

Don't bother. I just did this and it basically lets you play the same porton of the game as the demo, then won't allow you to continue on until the rest of the download finishes. It also did not allow me to save so I'm going to have to do it again.

Top Bottom