• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Guys calm down

Just gonna repost this
C5ErYkiUoAEcLR4.jpg

Yeah I figured, but why is the pre order up sooner than the full game itsself.

One does not question the logic of the HK psn store. Why searching nier not bring up any of the nier:A content? Cause useless.

vilmer_

I'm so close to just yolo'ing and grabbing the Japanese version, even though I shouldn't. With the next two days off this will require some mega willpower.

DKL

I'm so close to just yolo'ing and grabbing the Japanese version, even though I shouldn't. With the next two days off this will require some mega willpower.

No need to YOLO too hard as we're expecting the HK version in just a bit...

Exentryk

I have Play-Asia open on another tab and really tempted to pull the trigger. But I know it will be much better on PC with higher quality graphical settings and really fast SSD load times. Gotta resist.

DKL

I have Play-Asia open on another tab and really tempted to pull the trigger. But I know it will be much better on PC with higher quality graphical settings and really fast SSD load times. Gotta resist.

I've just given up and decided to double dip.

They got me fam :v

And I know I'm gonna regret this once I see the loading screens on Very Hard lol

I just fought
Adam and Eve for the first time in the desert city.
(early game spoilers, plus some information deduced with promotional material in the OP)

I fucking lost it at
the robo orgy pit.
Feels so good/awful to be playing a Taro game again.

I'm seeing parallels and maybe-references to past games all over the place, and I can't stop speculating, but I think I'll wait and see for now.

I'm pretty sure I've barely started the game, but it's already promising to live up to Taro's past work.

For those who are holding out for the NA release, stay strong!

FiraB

Banned
I dont expect much difference besides resolution and better AA honestly, only upside is completely stable 60fps and modding (which wont be that great outside model swaps). But the price difference is huge, i can buy the pc version for under half the ps4 version.

Exentryk

I dont expect much difference besides resolution and better AA honestly, only upside is completely stable 60fps and modding (which wont be that great outside model swaps). But the price difference is huge, i can buy the pc version for under half the ps4 version.

There will likely be ENB and reshade mods to at least to make the game look more colorful, if one wants. And there might be mods to hide the hud with one button for easier screenshots. There are just a lot of these small QoL stuff on PC that makes it better.

Slaythe

There will likely be ENB and reshade mods to at least to make the game look more colorful, if one wants. And there might be mods to hide the hud with one button for easier screenshots. There are just a lot of these small QoL stuff on PC that makes it better.

The game looks like this not because it's "on console" but by deliberate design choice.

I wouldn't force "colors" onto the game D: .

pezzie

lol @ everyone saying to be patient.

If we could be patient we wouldn't all be sitting with $500HK in our wallets

I'm pretty sure everything will work out fine lol. It should be up today.

But just in case, I'm glad I left my $500HK as a code. Worst comes to worst I can just resell it.

Exentryk

The game looks like this not because it's "on console" but by deliberate design choice.

I wouldn't force "colors" onto the game D: .

Yes, I know. That's why I said if players want, they have that choice. ENB just isn't about colors either, it can do better AA and other stuff too.

TankRizzo

Banned
Anyone have any experience with Holiday Inn Express wired internet? I may just buy HK bucks and buy this motherfucker

And it's confirmed that JP version doesn't have English?

W-why's everyone buying HKbux all of a sudden?

My first thought would be that it's cheaper, but then I saw something about $500...?

Anyone have any experience with Holiday Inn Express wired internet? I may just buy HK bucks and buy this motherfucker

And it's confirmed that JP version doesn't have English?

The JP version has full English voice and text. I've been playing it all day.

W-why's everyone buying HKbux all of a sudden?

My first thought would be that it's cheaper, but then I saw something about $500...?

They put up a preload for the Chinese version, they freaked out because they thought that was the same version that they want.
Its not,games on HK store frequently have the chinese version and english version of a game.However because platinum arent stingy with language options, it just so happens that the chinese version will also have English when it releases.

TissueBox

For the sidequest
YorHA betrayers
were can i actually find my goal? I'm searching all over the palce

Yeah I was about to ask this too it was driving me nuts!! I just went on thinking it may depend on the completion of other quests or something but I dunno. If you or anyone figures it out I'm all ears..!!

Dio

Banned
Best part about this is I literally have zero time to play it right now... 。゚ヽ(゚`Д´゚)ノ゚。 ・

Holy fuck I forgot Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 is out as of today.

I'm counting on you to post impressions.

Top Bottom