• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

pezzie

Aaaaaaand, bought! Thanks GAF!

Now for the wicked long download session. Hopefully I'll get to play it tonight!

EDIT: Wow download speeds aren't awful tonight.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Holy fuck I forgot Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 is out as of today.

I'm counting on you to post impressions.

Might have to wait for the weekend as quite busy atm. Not even sure if Ill have time for Nier tonight (ノ ̄皿 ̄)ノ┻┻;:'、・゙

Dio

Banned
Might have to wait for the weekend as quite busy atm. Not even sure if Ill have time for Nier tonight (ノ ̄皿 ̄)ノ┻┻;:'、・゙

I just want to know if it's a hot mess controls-wise and gameplay-wise like the first one.

The story of the first one was one of the darkest I've seen from NIS which interested me but even after playing Revival I hated the boring and clunky gameplay so much I couldn't keep playing it. I am more confident about this second one's story than about the actual game.

Anyway, looking forward to your thread.

Parakeetman

Has anyone who ordered from Amazon Japan had theirs ship yet? Mine is listed as shipping today, hasn't moved though.

To give you an example of my case, (game was preordered way in advance though) my shipping order email arrived around 1900 last night (22nd). It arrived today though as you know am in Japan. So no idea on what goes on for those outside of the country who ordered.

I just want to know if it's a hot mess controls-wise and gameplay-wise like the first one.

The story of the first one was one of the darkest I've seen from NIS which interested me but even after playing Revival I hated the boring and clunky gameplay so much I couldn't keep playing it. I am more confident about this second one's story than about the actual game.

Anyway, looking forward to your thread.

Same really am hoping they improved over the first one, since gameplay mechanics and whatnots felt really rough along with other design issues that did not seem to get addressed in the PS4 rerelease either lol.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I can now sleep knowing that I'm downloading my GOTY.

Only to wake up to an error because my connection sucks. It says it's going to take 11 hours to download so thanks for not offering a preload, HK store. ;_;

16933957_1393186700761215_491661836_n.jpg

HK version comes with preorder stuff

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU just sold my 500 HDK

i tried.

$100 for 10,000¥ FUCK
Taro Yoko's smile is priceless.

They put up a preload for the Chinese version, they freaked out because they thought that was the same version that they want.
Its not,games on HK store frequently have the chinese version and english version of a game.However because platinum arent stingy with language options, it just so happens that the chinese version will also have English when it releases.

:lol

Hong Kong Dollar PSN credit was on sale @playasia, so around $87 AUD to get it. If the JP/Eng version is the same pricing wise, its $398HKD for normal, $650HKD for all the perks.

Dang, that's like $60something in Ameribux. $40US cheaper than I paid. Oh well!

Slaythe

The attention to detail is so sick.

When you do "finishers", they made sure to make a few different looking ones so that they don't look too repetitive if you do them in a row.

This game man.

Parakeetman

I set the delivery time to before 12, but it sure is taking its sweet time.

Your photo was so cool, though, so it made me jealous, haha! :)

Thanks lol.

Im more sad I missed out on the JP BlackBox edition. Totally slipped my mind the day POs went live. From what I understand it sold out pretty quick. As usual seems like tons of scalpers grabbed it looking at the Amazon marketplace where folks are selling their preorders for insane amounts.

Was surprised the Western BB edition didnt sell out that fast. Was tempted to grab one but the shipping over was something didnt want to bother with. Esp if box gets damaged in transit going to be SOL. D:

Shizuka

I wish I could play at least the first hour before going to bed, but it's not happening. Oh well, at least the full thing will be downloaded when I get home from work.

SaniOYOYOY

Sooooo, new areas / enemies/ bosses??? Tag it if there are spoilers please.

heavy spoiler
he is still in the demo area. you play with 9s with whole new sequence
its not actually like that..... really need to play this yourself

yoko taro + platinum +keichi okabe are really on crack this time

Top Bottom