• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nikkei: Kojima left Konami today, starting new studio, [Update: Read OP Translation]

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

The thought of Kojima finally leaving MGS behind is soooo exciting you guys!

Finally,something brand new and original by Kojima after so many years.

I'll be really excited when he announces he is working on a horror game. I think that is the one genre where he can make a huge difference with his attention to detail, crazy designs and player betrayal.

EGOMON

How much did MGSV sold on PS4 vs PC/xbone?
I mean Kojima now know if going multiplate was worth it or not

fantomena

No one leaving that dosh on the table these days.

NoNwb64.gif

Atlus is. :(

Reset

..because no one stepped up to pay for the port?

When was the last time Sony put a first party game on PC? You're telling me the only reason they haven't is because no one paid them?! Damn it, why didn't anybody step up to publish The Last of Us on PC??!

chadskin

Seems odd he'd be in talks with SCE about a timed exclusivity deal at this point when, as far we know, he doesn't have a publisher and probably only has a faint idea of what kind of game he wants to make next.

I don't know, just seems premature. Usually, timed exclusivity is not something you talk about with platform holders this early, not officially at least.

Seems odd he'd be in talks with SCE about a timed exclusivity deal at this point when, as far we know, he doesn't have a publisher and probably only has a faint idea of what kind of game he wants to make next.

I don't know, just seems premature. Usually, timed exclusivity is not something you talk about with platform holders this early, not officially at least.

He could use it as an attractive point to find a publisher for his new game I think?

Lingitiz

How much did MGSV sold on PS4 vs PC/xbone?
I mean Kojima now know if going multiplate was worth it or not
It sold very well however it's only the beginning. PC games have long legs and MGSV is going to sell a lot of copies as it gets discounted.

Putting a good game on Steam is hardly ever a bad bet.

agreed. Who will he be with. I hope a PT with del toro would still happen.

Thats what I hope happens too.

PT was that Kojima "switch your controller to port 2" mind fuckery but put into a completely new type of game.

I want that Kojima back. And the idea of Kojima + del toro + Horror was really exciting.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I don't think Sony has the money to buy Kojima Productions even if Kojima (for whatever reason) wanted to.

MS on the other hand....

Edit:Ok all this was just about a minor timed exclusive lol.

Sony to buy Konami and rehire Kojima back for a new exclusive Metal Gear..

Rising_Hei

I think he's going independant and that he's in talks with Sony so he can get moneyhatted tho, if he was under a big publisher it would probably release as multi (or not, given that most big 3rd japanese games now release just for PS4).

But he wouldn't be in talks with Sony if that was the case, imo.

Arzehn

How far into development is this game if they are already having these kinds of negotiations?

I don't think this is going to be a AAA game.
Kojima RPG Maker game in Sony's indie highlight reel at E3.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Please make PT for PSVR. Please make PT for PSVR. Please make PT for PSVR.

Grief.exe

How much did MSSV sell on PC?

It essentially shot up to almost a million early on, then has subsequently seen little change for months even after a short sale period.

I wonder if the bad word of mouth as a result of the incomplete story and the rushed nature of the campaign, the treatment of Kojima in general, or the lack of MGO's release is a result of the very console-like sales tail up to this point.

BadWolf

agreed. Who will he be with. I hope a PT with del toro would still happen.

On the one hand I really want that to happen but on the other I don't want Kojima stuck in legal battles with Konami.

That's why I kind of hope he works on something brand new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom