• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nikkei: Kojima left Konami today, starting new studio, [Update: Read OP Translation]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
lol that timing.

2015-12-1519_40_31-daj4zy7.png

Hoje0308

Banned
Please make PT for PSVR. Please make PT for PSVR. Please make PT for PSVR.

Come on now, don't do that to my neighbors. They shouldn't have to deal with the sound of a grown man screaming and knocking over the coffee table in the middle of the night.

Console debut
Oh god this is going to bring even more shitposting on certain sites. Well I still expect the same as before, though I doubt now that he has an independent studio he or the publisher baking him would be able to do something as big as MGS.

I do hope that his first games is something more like what PT was, but without the Fox engine I doubt they have assets or anything to work with that could make the game production start faster.

HeelPower

I'll be really excited when he announces he is working on a horror game. I think that is the one genre where he can make a huge difference with his attention to detail, crazy designs and player betrayal.

Yeah.

I honestly want another deeply focused,well realized project from Kojima.

A story driven horror experience could be it indeed.

4Tran

Why couldn't it be SCE themselves? Not necessarily with a definite exclusive clause going on. A bit like MS with Bioshock and ME.
Sony seems to only want to fund games where they can control the IP. I'd imagine that it's an attempt to avoid the Crash situation where they don't have any say on a signature IP.

Aside from the traditional Japanese publishers, I wouldn't be surprised if it's an oddball company like Tencent footing Kojima's bill.

That's the platform he spent most of his career working with, but I disagree that his fanbase is limited to PS fans. If this were true there would have been comparatively little interest in MGSV on PC or X1, and that was not the case.

Never said his fanbase is limited to PlayStation but it's mostly there and sales prove that.

Not saying he doesn't want to reach as many people as possible but still, PlayStation is a dominant player in the console space, is Japanese, supports creative risky project like the ones from Kojima and overall makes sense for him to go with Sony.

usp84

So its not just Kojima but his team also?Nice

Would be terrible if they stayed at Konami, now they can make whatever they want

brau

Yeah.

I honestly want another deeply focused,well realized project from Kojima.

A story driven horror experience could be it indeed.

Seriously... P.T. not only was that game one that made me get into Twitch streaming and viewing. But the community pulling together was some of the most fun i've had in years. Not to mention that P.T is one of the scariest experiences in a game. There is just so much potential in there. But i guess we'll see what he would like to do.

Maybe he'll end up taking on Konami by releasing his own brand of Pachinkos. :)

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, given that I align with Sony consoles most of the time, the mistranslation that Hideo was going to be under Sony's wing was of course fine. But now that it's been corrected, with the translation reading that his next project will appear on Sony's console first (not necessarily only their console), that's still fine. But I'm curious to see who will be upset by his game going multiplatform. Personally, I only ever care about the games that release for my platform. I don't give a shit about games that release for Xbox One, so it makes sense for me to be fine with a game that is potentially exclusive to Sony. But it doesn't bother me if it's a multiplatform release, so long as PS4 still gets it.

Reset

Have you seen the latest MS press conferences?

It doesn't matter what which company does it. Either release it at the same time for every platform, or just have it be exclusive for the entire time. Timed exclusives/console debut/"first on" are dumb as hell.

On Demand

Banned
How much did MGSV sold on PS4 vs PC/xbone?
I mean Kojima now know if going multiplate was worth it or not

Over 740K on Steam.

http://steamspy.com/app/287700

Note that that's world wide. Alot get confused thinking it's U.S. only. On XB1 it did below 200K in September in the U.S. vs over 500K for PS4.

I would say Kojima's games would have no problem being PS4 exclusive. But it's good his new one will eventually be on other platforms.

SarusGray

Maybe because Sony put a lot of money on it.

I'm glad Sony is open to producing games and allow them to be released on PC.

I don't know what to make of this information, and when its released on PC it might as well go on Xbox, that's just me though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom