• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct - 17th April - 3 PM UK/10 AM EST

Linkhero1

Nintendo needs to get rid of the hand holding in Zelda games or at least make it optional. I miss being thrown into a world and getting lost.

How about the Next Portable Zelda non Remake being developed by Capcom?

I really enjoyed Minish Cap.

Flagship is dead and most of the team is part of the Zelda team.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
You and me both, man.

Times like this I remember how Retro stated that they were "working on a project that everyone wants them to". If that somehow isn't a new 2D style Metroid, it had ought to be something even better.

Retro making a 2.5D game? Man, that'd be so good. I think a Metroid 3DS game is definitely coming, it's just a matter of when ... and who is making it, but I'd really hope for Retro to make it.

I lack faith in the Zelda tema since Skyward Sword. I would kill for an intelligent and challenging non-guided Zelda.

Yes, me too.

Btw, you really can't trust 4Players. But I hope theyre right. It would be awesome to see new games (secretly Im hoping for a epic 3DS Zelda, but much better than PH,ST on par with MM, TP, WW or OoT would be awesome

Frolow

Banned
Times like this I remember how Retro stated that they were "working on a project that everyone wants them to". If that somehow isn't a new 2D style Metroid, it had ought to be something even better.

Where is this quote from? I've never seen the source on it.

Linkhero1

No he's right.

The development of Oracle of Ages / Seasons / Minish Cap was mostly handled by Capcom...Nintendo just oversaw the game's development.

They were done by Flagship, which is now dead. Most of the team was absorbed by the Zelda team, hence the Zelda team.

They were done by Flagship, which is now dead. Most of the team was absorbed by the Zelda team, hence the Zelda team.

Most of the team stayed at Capcom. A few guys defected to Nintendo (like Skyward Sword's director Hidemaro Fujibayashi).

And Flagship was a shell company that handled game planning. Capcom did the real work with Nintendo's oversight.

TheNatural

My Member!
Hopefully if a Majora's Mask remake is on the way, they do a little more with it in terms of extras than Ocarina of Time. It was so vanilla. Not much there if you already beat Master's Quest.

Linkhero1

I am pretty sure Glass Rebel, at least, is employing joking sarcasm
Most likely. I don't post in these threads that often.
Most of the team stayed at Capcom. A few guys defected to Nintendo (like Skyward Sword's director Hidemaro Fujibayashi).

And Flagship was kind of like a shell company that handled game planning. Capcom did the real work with Nintendo's oversight.

I think most of the key people joined the Zelda Team, so yeah. I have to look it over. I remember reading most actually were absorbed by the Zelda team.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
The disillusionment of what should constitute a good zelda and what already constitutes the zelda team in this thread is hilarious.

[EDIT] My inability to separate actual statements from sarcastic plays on actual statements in this thread is hilarious [/EDIT]

"You've got a Guardian Acorn! It will reduce the damage you take by half!"

I really prefer a tutorial that teaches you the same thing once in a while... to Fay spoiling every single puzzle of the game AND a tutorial that teaches you the same thing once in a while.

YOU GOT AN AMBER RELIC. It's an amber-colored chunk of precious stone. Nobody knows why it's this shape.

serplux

I really prefer a tutorial that teaches you the same thing once in a while... to Fay spoiling every single puzzle of the game AND a tutorial that teaches you the same thing once in a while.

YOU GOT AN AMBER RELIC. It's an amber-colored chunk of precious stone. Nobody knows why it's this shape.

I'm just saying that handholding has been a part of the series for a long ass time.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
Am I the only one who found Skyward Sword as fun as Ocarina of Time?

No. I think Skyward Sword has the best dungeons in the 3D Zeldas, and is the most dense Zelda game to date. The only problem I have is with Fi... oh lordy

I enjoyed the game a lot but acknowledge where it was flawed.

There's never going to be a unanimously loved Zelda game again, though. Too many people define Zelda as too many different things.

I'd be happy if they just have really good dungeon design, but some people will dismiss any Zelda without exploration as a bad game.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Skyward Sword was by far the funnest 3D Zelda game. Best dungeons, best combat, and bosses that weren't walks in the park. The problem was the back-tracking, FI, low number of NPCs/exploring, and weaker side-quests.

My dream Zelda would be a combination of Skyward Sword's combat/dungeons/bosses with WindWaker's great characters/towns/atmosphere/exploration.

You'd be surprised how many people make comments like that that do not turn out to be sarcasm :p

With the way the discussion was going, I thought it was serious lol.

I tried to be obvious but you guys are right, it's hard to tell sometimes.

this may or may not be sarcasm

Comparing it to OoT 3D, I like it a bit better, mostly because of the controls but otherwise I enjoyed both a lot. I never really thought of Fi as obnoxious and she didn't interrupt my game nearly as often as other people on the internet experienced.

Top Bottom