• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct - 17th April - 3 PM UK/10 AM EST

khaaan

I'm excited, I think in the worst case scenario we get footage and/or release dates for stuff we already know of which I'm fine with. Can I hop on the train?

takriel

Well, it's not looking like Zelda 3DS will be shown on this one, damn. Luigi why you steal the spotlight for the second time in a row? :(

Darryl

Banned
Well, it's not looking like Zelda 3DS will be shown on this one, damn. Luigi why you steal the spotlight for the second time in a row? :(

if anything i think the chances are higher than ever. Link stuff can be shown during Luigi direct and have it fit the context, and now we have a nintendo direct confirmed for japan that is going to make 3ds announcements.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't ever remember a Nintendo Direct where the NA/Europe's version was the same as Japan's. There are similarities, but usually the Japan ones have different stuff like new Japanese games.

Alright. Cool.

Just not really interested if it's an exclusively Mario set.

MrT-Tar

Have we ever gotten a localization announcement in a Nintendo Direct before? I can't seem to recall.

images

It's a shame it was delayed to Friday though.

Also, I've got a feeling that Project Zero 2 Remake was as well, but I'm not sure. Actually, I think that it was announced immediately afterwards on NoE's Twitter to avoid pushing the age rating of the Direct up.

I don't ever remember a Nintendo Direct where the NA/Europe's version was the same as Japan's. There are similarities, but usually the Japan ones have different stuff like new Japanese games.

The one from early last year, an image from which I posted above was the same in both Japan and Europe. Europe just missed out on PZ2, which was announced immediately afterwards.

RPGamer92

Banned
images

It's a shame it was delayed to Friday though.

Also, I've got a feeling that Project Zero 2 Remake was as well, but I'm not sure. Actually, I think that it was announced immediately afterwards on NoE's Twitter to avoid pushing the age rating of the Direct up.
The localization was first announced last E3 actually.

Boogiepop

Oh god, 37 minutes, that's about 7 over what I can responsibly afford. Well, screw it, I'm already committed, so I guess I'll be running to class.

ustream android >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Twitch android

Donkey Kong looks great; New Mode makes sense. Easy to do.
New Levels is just a bigger plus.

nasos_333

No Zelda
No Bravely Default

Most dissapointing thing i have ever come across as a gamer, so much more of the same

Now i will not be able to sleep at night with all that Luigis going through my mind

I guess I heard incorrectly, but I thought they said something about being able to install games, and I got very excited. That disc drive is so loud. :/

Only got to listen and I missed the Yoshi part...go me...

So New Super Luigi Wii (wonder if this weill be year of Luigi only like Four Swords Annivery was...) and Zelda (Working title) make me wonder something.

Where did all of Nintendo's overworld designers go? Both games they went out of their way to say they had the same overworlds as the originals...in a way if sure drags them down to ameteur romhack level (and almosts makes me wonder if they're handled by different teams).

I guess I heard incorrectly, but I thought they said something about being able to install games, and I got very excited. That disc drive is so loud. :/
When you download something from the eShop when you first launch it, it will then install (there is a video of punch-out taking like 2 minutes...its an NES game sure the full wrappings of the emulators etc don't come to 50 megabytes). They've changed it so that will happen during thew background downloading phase now.

Sorry :(

Top Bottom