• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 3rd Party Publisher Games (2014.7.11)

Garou

I didn't follow all the Direct but basically they talked about games that were already known? No announcement? The 3DS release planning is getting dry.

3DS has 4 guaranteed million sellers in Japan this half-year, I wouldn't call that dry.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I think the only things I wouldn't buy from what was shown are DQ and the laser beam game if everything was localized.

dock

Footage of FF Explorers was really encouraging!
Looks like Crystal Chronicles meets FFXIV. Exciting stuff!

Biggest problem is that I won't have a local crew of players like I did with all 3 multiplayer CC games.

Sandfox

I didn't follow all the Direct but basically they talked about games that were already known? No announcement? The 3DS release planning is getting dry.

The 3DS has a decent lineup for the rest of the year, and all of the big companies either have a title they just released, or a title in development, so it makes sense.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
In the recent past, in Directs like this, we didn't even get new announcements from third parties, from what I can remember. This time, we got Kenka Bancho, which is...surprising.

Precedent KB games have all been released on PS2 first and on PSP then. This is the first console entry outside Sony consoles.

Dee Dee

Summary:
FF Explorers looks amazing.
Tales of the World is an SRPG!?
Dragon Quest X looks really nice.
Forbidden Magna or Magma or something like this looks poopy, and has a weird Musou-like Chibi-fighting system that took some time to explain, but since I do not know Japanese, I have no idea. Also, they give you a sleeping mask with the game so you do not have to look at the ugly animations.
Some game got teased where you shoot lasers out of your eyes. huh. It is supposed to be Kenka Bancho.
Monster Hunter 4 G is coming on 10/11 in Japan. I do not know which one is the month, but people here said October.

Lebon14

Was that Kenka Bancho?

image57.png

That guy... that face reminds me of THAT guy in a PS3 exclusive game I saw a Let's Play of... what was it again?

*goes searching for title*

El Shaddai: Ascension of The Metatron. Yep. Lucyfer in that game, if my memory serves me right.

Sendou

3DS really is on its way out, isn't it? 2014 is a barren wasteland and 2015 is not looking a lot better. Looks like Japan doesn't have it that much better either.

Ganondolf

3DS really is on its way out, isn't it? 2014 is a barren wasteland and 2015 is not looking a lot better. Looks like Japan doesn't have it that much better either.

think we will see the replacement of the 3ds next e3 with a jp release at the end of the year and eu/us releases in feb 2016.

there will be a few big games (like remake of Zelda:MM, smash bros & the stuff shown today) to tie people over.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
MH4 looked amazing
DQX and FF Explorers looked alright
Tales and Forbidden Magna looked terrible
That Banchou game wasn't even properly shown

bullet firmly placed in foot, I say
If this small fraction of the games still coming out is shooting yourself in the foot, I don't even want to know your opinion on the coming months for other consoles.

Guys I don't think this is every single last game that will ever come out for the 3DS or anything, relax.

As soon as the FF footage started I thought 'Explorers' but the longer it went on thoughts of a FFV remake creeped in my head, then I got sad :(

If this small fraction of the games still coming out is shooting yourself in the foot, I don't even want to know your opinion on the coming months for other consoles.

I'm actually quite happy with the upcoming releases, even ignoring Nintendo's games. Doesn't change that this was a pretty poor showing. They were scraping the bottom of the barrel with Forbidden Magna there.

m0t0k1

Really excited about forbidden magna. Hope they release it in europe. But everything except for finalfantasy looked right up my alley. Guess avoiding buying a japanese 3ds is getting harder and harder.

-Setsuna-

Summary:
FF Explorers looks amazing.
Tales of the World is an SRPG!?
Dragon Quest X looks really nice.
Forbidden Magna or Magma or something like this looks poopy, and has a weird Musou-like Chibi-fighting system that took some time to explain, but since I do not know Japanese, I have no idea. Also, they give you a sleeping mask with the game so you do not have to look at the ugly animations.
Some game got teased where you shoot lasers out of your eyes. huh. It is supposed to be Kenka Bancho.
Monster Hunter 4 G is coming on 10/11 in Japan. I do not know which one is the month, but people here said October.
+ a new Derby Stallion, teased by Sonobe.

People tend to overreact and the end of most directs.

Yeah, that's typical Nintendo direct cycle. Overhype what is actually suggested then act like it's the end of the world when fantasy doesn't correlate with reality. Rinse repeat. What was shown was exactly what I expected and the lineup looks good - it's just that we already knew of most of the stuff on there.

extralite

So before the Kenka Bancho teaser Hiroyuki Sonobe from ParityBit announced they are working on the new installment of that game... new Calciobit or Derby Stallion?

They are probably streaming the WiiU/PC assets and not the Wii ones.
They're definitely streaming the engine running on a more capable hardware than the Wii but the U version didn't have updated assets, only better rendering. Like detailed shadows and AA. Some of the textures look very blurry in the higher res. Not a problem for the 3DS version obviously. What looks so good is probably the AA.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Really glad I did wake up early for this. Although Kenka Bancho could be a interesting game, looking forward to see it and hope Atlus will bring it over.

watershed

Banned
DQX on the 3ds looks really good but it's probably not coming west and there's no way I'm gonna pay a subscription anyways. But it looks good!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I wanted FF ex and Bravely second trailers, so fifty fifty for me, but FF ex trailer was really good to me, so I am happy. hoping for localization

daxgame

Sadly true. To me it feels like, with the exception of Nintendo, that almost all Japanese game development has become incredibly stagnant and creatively bankrupt. It seems like they are content to constantly iterate on a handful of game styles over and over again. :(

ah, so pretty much like the west has become with the FPS genre!

Top Bottom