• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Amiibo Look a Bit Different in Final Production vs. Advertised

Jagsrock

Banned
I'm sold on the Samus one, looks really great to me. leaning towards villager for my second only because it would be amazing to have a lv 50 killager on my side lol

Saw the amiibo in person at my local Wal Mart. Definitely look a lot better in person than from the pics we've seen online. Peach looked absolutely fine, in fact she was one of the best detailed ones out of all of them. I encourage others to take a look at Wal Mart if you get a chance and are skeptical.

bumpkin

Saw the amiibo in person at my local Wal Mart. Definitely look a lot better in person than from the pics we've seen online. Peach looked absolutely fine, in fact she was one of the best detailed ones out of all of them. I encourage others to take a look at Wal Mart if you get a chance and are skeptical.
But that'd involve actually going into a Wal Mart.

7e4Qcn0.png

Haines

Banned
I think it comes down to the fact that most of could care less about the amiibo support and more about just having a sweet collection of Nintendo figures.

We have to come to terms with the fact that these were always going to be "amiibo for kids" quality and decide whether to purchase or not.

I've decided I'm going to get them all twice. A collection for myself and a.sealed collection for any value they might hold decades down the road.

Not sure how many production shots are out there but I seen them (mistakenly) out on the shelf at Target and the quality of these is all over the place, paint missing/mis aligned and all sorts of stuff, just my opinion take a look at the pics I took.

Marth: (his sword had ED lol)
vxLvLGH.jpg

Samus:
IzzmwoB.jpg

Also the official art work used for the display speaks volumes of how long its been since Fox had his own game lol
DEvUEbE.jpg

Top Bottom