• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo: Big Announcement on Monday

Tom Nook

Likely the date for Smash Direct.

or....

11403.png

Neoxon

You guys do realize that Nintendo explicitly said that we won't get any official news on the NX Platform until next year, right?

They may as well since the patent is out there.

Are you referring to the handheld with the swappable buttons, the glasses that make a 2D display 3D, the stationary console without a disk drive, the handheld/controller with the scrollable wheels, or the cloud processor aptly named by gaf Lakitu?

Nintendo patents a lot of shit.

Edit: Also if we are going to take the December 16th rumor for the Smash event as likely, then announcing it on December 7th doesn't really align with Nintendo's past behavior.

Platy

I am hoping for Nintendo Account with 10% money back thing that japan has .... waiting for this to grab Wooly World

Vena

You guys do realize that Nintendo explicitly said that we won't get any official news on the NX Platform until next year, right?

Yes but to a spaceperson who is 1.57570916e15 meters away and reading your message, it already is 2016!

-Horizon-

I'll laugh if I end up wrong but I'll say I don't think it's Nintendo account yet. I think they're using Japan as a test area first and we won't see it in the west until next year.

Hoping for something related to the Smash direct. If it's the last one dedicated just to Smash, I would expect it to be something huge. I don't think it'll be anything related to the NX, my guess is waiting until 2016 for some word on it.

No, I'm not getting hyped. Too many ppl say there some hype news about Nintendo but unless it's coming straight from Nintendo themselves, I'm dismissing it.

Thoraxes

They did mention still having surprises for the rest of the year around the time of the Direct.

Hopefully it's cool.

Jumpman23

Minecraft for 3DS and WiiU launching just in time for the holidays. Steve and Ender Dragon announced for Smash Bros. with Amiibo's in tow.

georly

My Bet is Nintendo Account news.

Could be Smash, maybe not.

Absolutely Not NX news.

Yeah, it went up in japan last week, so no reason why it can't go up in US now. My nintendo is next march but no reason not to get a leg up on nintendo account.

Minecraft for 3DS and WiiU launching just in time for the holidays. Steve and Ender Dragon announced for Smash Bros. with Amiibo's in tow.

I just realized that the worst part of a bad character entering smash would mean they'd also get an amiibo. Sakurai save me.

Hiltz

Quite frankly, it doesn't matter what Nintendo says because either some people overlook it or don't even know about it in the first place. There's still some people who believe NX is a hybrid system when Iwata told us back in January 2013 that it won't be the case. Anyway, Let them dream and then wake up disappointed.

Straxus

Hopefully it's the unified account with cloud saving for us westerners since I lost all my saves when my ssd died with my Hyrule Warriors, MK8, and every other got-damned save I had.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I don't believe it'll be anywhere near as big as people are expecting. It's not going to be regarding NX, it's not going to be a Zelda trailer.

The biggest I'm expecting is an announcement of Minecraft on WiiU, which... hey, I guess that's big. but it's not what people are anticipating.

ChaosXVI

Well obviously it's the announcement that Retro has been expanded into 5 teams, and all 5 are working on Metroid games.

Top Bottom