• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo: Big Announcement on Monday

Minecraft seems like the kind of thing that'd be saved for a Direct IMO.

But I feel like last month and the Smash direct are the end of the "big" Directs this year. I dunno if a Micro Direct is out of the question but I could see them saving Minecraft for the big January Direct to start off next year.

Accounts and the Smash thing are what makes most sense to me. The question is if Monday will be the "announcement of an announcement" or if they'll give the whole hog and straight-up have the broadcast on that day.

Platy

I only hope that "nintendo announcement" means something made by nintendo, not LOST REAVERS on west or something =P

Either Sony's and Arad's Mario movie trailer or Universal acquired their 500 acres and Nintendo and them are ready to announce the imminent construction of Nintendo Land.

Edit:

Found this picture when looking up the Mario movie Sony deal. Apparently it was signed in 2014 so I hope we see something on it soon. This is a half-joking prediction that I don't really expect to come true, but I think this picture is worth sharing if you haven't seen it!

IMG_1740-640x480.jpg
Miyamoto and Avi Arad. Miyamoto always looks so happy ^^

Oh, wait, isn't there supposed to be a pokken character announced on the 10th? Probably unrelated to Baker's tease but that's pretty close to Monday so I'm sure something's up. Maybe there will be a Micro direct...

Either Sony's and Arad's Mario movie trailer or Universal acquired their 500 acres and Nintendo and them are ready to announce the imminent construction of Nintendo Land.

Not sure if you're joking, but some kind of partnership announcement outside of games is what would make the most sense, given it's not part of a Direct

dickroach

Why would there be a BIG announcement on Monday when they could have done it at The Video Game Awards with tons of people watching.

I dunno. probably the same reason why Nintendo Directs are the best way to reach tons of people, and Xenoblade doesn't need advertising

also, according to the be-all-end-all aurhoity on videogames, GameFAQs, Undertale is a better game than Super Mario World. Undertale would be bigger than big.

Why would there be a BIG announcement on Monday when they could have done it at The Video Game Awards with tons of people watching.

Having a trailer at the Game Awards didn't help Codename Steam much.

Really though going separate makes sense since it ensures they keep the limelight to themselves instead of drowning in the other discussions at the awards.

Schnozberry

This announcement allows them to potentially grab a day's worth of the news cycle, whereas running it at game awards would mean it could get lost in the sea of other announcements.

Oersted

New date for a Direct? Or maybe theme park? I can't imagine it being that big, otherwise why is the only hint for anything on a podcast?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm guessing a date for the Smash Direct, a timeframe for rolling out the Nintendo Account to the rest of the world, and an unveiling for the new Cruis'n game with a Spring 2016 release window for arcades.

I dunno. probably the same reason why Nintendo Directs are the best way to reach tons of people, and Xenoblade doesn't need advertising

also, according to the be-all-end-all aurhoity on videogames, GameFAQs, Undertale is a better game than Super Mario World. Undertale would be bigger than big.
Hey, man, Undertale is really good.

Top Bottom