• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo : buy Mario Kart 8 on the eShop or retail, get a free game

Ventara

Hmm, this is a pretty good deal, but I already have everything except Wii Party U, which I'm not particularly interested in. I wasn't planning to buy Mario Kart 8 at launch since I'm not a big fan anyways, and I don't think this promo will change that. If only I hadn't bought so many WiiU games, lol.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
1.jpg

"One game can change everything"

It's a start ;)

Well I was already going to buy MK8 so I guess registering it is a no brainer. For NA I already have Zelda, so I guess the logical choice is Pikmin 3. NSMBU seems like a waste considering I have 3D World and ROFL at Wii Party U.

Tybolt

Banned
Such a shame 3D World isn't being offered, but at least it's good to see Nintendo doing something like this, I totally didn't expect it.

Well I was already going to buy MK8 so I guess registering it is a no brainer. For NA I already have Zelda, so I guess the logical choice is Pikmin 3. NSMBU seems like a waste considering I have 3D World and ROFL at Wii Party U.

I guess I can understand not being in the mood for another Mario platformer, but I just want to needlessly chime in by noting that they're not the same game, and both are quite good.

I guess I can understand not being in the mood for another Mario platformer, but I just want to needlessly chime in by noting that they're not the same game, and both are quite good.
I respect the opinion but 2D platformers are like pulling teeth to me. I played Rayman Origins and NSMB Wii and got bored almost instantly.

For single-player people, is Wii Party U even worth the bandwidth?

No. In this case, I think the best option would be to get a download code of a game you already own, and then either (1) sell it, (2) trade it for download code of a game you don't own, or (3) use it and sell your physical copy.

When trading/selling/buying Wii U game download codes, always keep in mind they are region locked (Europe, America, Australia/NZ are 3 different eShop regions).

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Very different games. NSMBU is the best game in the New! series and easily stands up to the best in the genre (especially when you factor in NSLU)

Edit: Just saw your stance on 2D platformers.

How is that even remotely considered "garbage?" 4 games is plenty generous. You're only getting one either way, so it's not a big difference. If you already have those games, or don't have interest in them, then sell the code on CAG.

Are you for real? Does it seriously need to be explained that Europe having six more titles to choose from makes their promo MUCH better? As opposed to two AAA titles that the majority of Wii U owners either got day one or in a bundle, one niche title and a party game? That's "plenty generous" and makes perfect sense compared to ten titles from an even wider variety of genres? No.

Obviously I already own most of the NOA promo games because as I said my post, the promo wouldn't mean anything to me if I already owned Pikmin 3.

And selling codes isn't exactly an option for folks because codes have to be sold at a loss to be a palatable purchase for any buyer.

So yes, it is a garbage selection and typical of Reggie and NOA's incredibly cheap and conservative approach to the NA market. Four compared to ten is "plenty generous." Right. Do you have any idea how rediculous that sounds? Seriously. MATH.

Canon

Banned
No. In this case, I think the best option would be to get a download code of a game you already own, and then either (1) sell it, (2) trade it for download code of a game you don't own, or (3) use it and sell your physical copy.

When trading/selling/buying Wii U game download codes, always keep in mind they are region locked (Europe, America, Australia/NZ are 3 different eShop regions).
I notice this promotion has knocked down the value of some games on Amazon.ca

How is that even remotely considered "garbage?" 4 games is plenty generous. You're only getting one either way, so it's not a big difference. If you already have those games, or don't have interest in them, then sell the code on CAG.

which one is going to be worth the most money? I don't need the code. This might make those games worth less cash now though....

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
And selling codes isn't exactly an option for folks because codes have to be sold at a loss to be a palatable purchase for any buyer.

So yes, it is a garbage selection and typical of Reggie and NOA's incredibly cheap and conservative approach to the NA market. Four compared to ten is "plenty generous." Right. Do you have any idea how rediculous that sounds? Seriously. MATH.

Considering Pikmin 3 and WWHD hardly go on sale for under $40, and you've stated that you were interested in getting MH3U, which is $22 on Amazon, I don't understand you.

which one is going to be worth the most money? I don't need the code. This might make those games worth less cash now though....

Pikmin or Wind Waker.

There's really no need for bickering here. Yes, even the NA promo is pretty generous with just the four choices. However, it's not outlandish for someone to be disappointed knowing about the promo in Europe.

Has anyone played this yet? (Some kind of demo)
I was wondering what the controls were like...are they similar to MK7? Or what? (I am asking about the Pro Controller/Gamepad specifically)

There's really no need for bickering here. Yes, even the NA promo is pretty generous with just the four choices. However, it's not outlandish for someone to be disappointed knowing about the promo in Europe.

Especially when considering it's another occurrence where NA fails to offer something on par with Europe. Maybe I'm just bitter we didn't get MK8 Collectors Edition, lol!

I have all the games in the list but I'm still glad to get an additional code. Should be able to sale it and pick up 1-2 other titles on sale.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Especially when considering it's another occurrence where NA fails to offer something on par with Europe. Maybe I'm just bitter we didn't get MK8 Collectors Edition, lol!

At least we got SMT4

svwjL5F.gif

orfax

Just noticed that Australian WiiU owners get the same selection as the Europeans (on Nintendo Australia's news page).

This is great. I was getting either Mario Kart 8 or Pikmin 3 for my daughters birthday (both which she wants). Now she can get both.

G0523

Guess I'm getting Wii Party U (since I own all the other ones offered in NA).

Same here. *shrugs* I'm not complaining. It's really generous of Nintendo. They must be desperate.

BTW, what does it mean that there's a Limited Edition version? Is that for North America too? What's in it?

Davey Cakes

Same. I don't want Wii U Party or whatever. In fact, who does?
I've already chimed in on Wii Party U in this thread but I'll say it again:

Wii Party U is an exceptional multiplayer party game.

If you don't have friends to play with who generally enjoy the Wii ___ line of games then it's a bit iffy. Otherwise, we're talking one of the Top 5 social Wii U experiences, easily.

The fact that no one gives a shit about Wii Party U is a clear sign that the game is underrated as all hell. But, hey, people are kind of ass-y about Nintendo Land too.

Great deal, but I already own all the games. Wish we had the same offer as Europe.
It'd be nice if the offer was equal and not based on region. It does kind of sour the fan base when one region is offered more. A "why can't we have that?" sort of situation.

It's unfortunate since Nintendo giving away ANYTHING for free is awesome. But it's always bothersome when NA in particular gets the shaft.

Wii U is struggling badly in the UK so perhaps that's why there are more game options. Whatever.

greg400

Banned
I've been wanting to get both NSMBU and Pikmin 3 but never got around to it. Think I'll get NSMBU as I'd rather have a physical copy of Pikmin 3 and the file size won't be as large.

demolitio

Kind of cruel seeing the list for Europe but I'll deal with either Pikmin 3 or Wind Waker even though I have no clue which to choose (played WW on GC but stopped at the Triforce bullshit). Great deal though. Gamers win when the console companies are desperate to sell units.

I really wanted Monster Hunter though since I found the demo enjoyable but was always on the fence of buying it or not and didn't have the money to take a risk.

Gonna try and sell my physical version of Pikmin 3 for $30 so I can get the digital version.

So Basically MK for $30. I was really lazy about replaying Pikmin 3 too so this will help.

Frodo

Seriously, NoA! Get yourself together. It is getting embarrassing how superior NoE is now (SMTIV what?).

Seriously, NoA! Get yourself together. It is getting embarrassing how superior NoE is now (SMTIV what?).

Aren't they only "superior" because of how shit each system is performing relative to their NoA counterparts? They need better deals than what NoA offers to entice more people.

blamite

Hmm, guess I'm getting NSMBU. I would've preferred Monster Hunter or something, but I've got no complaints about getting a free game for buying a game I was gonna buy anyway.

I'm just a little worried NSMBU will be kind of disappointing after playing (and getting near to 100%ing) NSLU.

Top Bottom