• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo : buy Mario Kart 8 on the eShop or retail, get a free game

Megatron

I have everything in the US except for Wii Party U. If I were in Europe I'd be torn between Sonic and Monster Hunter.

corn_fest

Sweet. After this + Pikmin 3 I'll basically have collected every worthwhile Wii U game.
Plus, that should come out to $10 in free eShop credit, unless they make the free games ineligible for DDP.

Platy

Only 4 ?

Well... I only have NSMBU now so yay free pikmin ! .... or wind waker ?

Not like I wasn't going to buy it day one anyway.

Edit: Fuck. The only game in that list I don't have is Sochi, haha.

For us it is only 4 games ... and they don't include sochi
(eu aceito um dos seus jogos se vc não quiser xD)

upandaway

This is really cool. I'm kinda torn because I already have MH3U and I wouldn't have gotten any of the others normally.

I have no clue. Hmmm.

zroid

Banned
uh, wow :eek:

edit: damn NA's selection is so limited. I'll take the free copy of Wii Party U though, seems like a fun party game.

Davey Cakes

I'm in the states.
Now I have to decide if I want NSMBU digital (I own it physical) or Wii Party U

Is Wii Party U any good?
Wii Party U is a fantastic party game. May be better than both Mario Party 9 and the original Wii Party, at the very least.

If you have people to play with who enjoy that sort of thing, go for it. Otherwise it's a tougher recommendation.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't have a Wii U yet but Smash will make me get one.

Now the question is should I buy this game for the free game promo?

Sendou

Cool! Let me recommend Nintendo Land, NSMBU, Wind Waker HD and Wonderful 101 very highly. All are very good products.

I'm probably getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Hear a lot of good things about it. Shame Lego City Undercover isn't here but I think I will have to go with this GAF-acclaimed RPG lol.

Sure why not?

Kiru

So how would the promotion work if you didn't buy a Wii U yet and maybe will after that promotion period, but you register the game within time on club nintendo ? Like how do you get the free eShop game ?

Tokieda

I don't have a Wii U yet but Smash will make me get one.

It says in the info bit that the download code expires in the end of September, so if you're going to buy the system at the time of Smash's release, you're not going to be able to use it...

Sendou

Yeah, cause in the US it's the only game being offered that most Wii U owners don't have already. Like me...good to hear positive impressions.

Seeing how Pikmin 3 sold I'm pretty sure there are a great many people that are still yet to experience that gem too.

Albo

So how would the promotion work if you didn't buy a Wii U yet and maybe will after that promotion period, but you register the game within time on club nintendo ? Like how do you get the free eShop game ?

They'll email you the code, but it expires September 30th 2014, so you need to get your wii u to redeem it before then

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Yeah, cause in the US it's the only game being offered that most Wii U owners don't have already. Like me...good to hear positive impressions.

As long as you have people to play with locally it's one of the best mario parties in a long while (IMO). The gamepad tabletop games also provide some great two-payer action.

Calamari41

41 > 38
This is a nice gesture, but maybe they should throw those of us who have already given them money for that entire lineup of games some kind of bone as well.

Majukun

looking at the other nintendo promotion like this,it should work just fine..i got a free super mario 3d land because i had yet to register my 3ds that i bought months and months earlier

Hugstable

Banned
If I just go with Pikmin 3 as the free game, I wonder if I'll be able to trade the code or sell it someone or if it needs to be on the same Club Nintendo/Eshop account. Could try to sell Pikmin 3 code for 25$ to 30$ worth of credit on eshop and get myself Zombiu, Game and Wario, or Ninja Gaiden 3 RE lol.

Pretty cool!

I traded on NSMB U a while back and have been wanting to rebuy it.

Awesome promotion, since I'll be getting it free ^_^

mrklaw

MrArseFace
its a great offer to tempt in new owners, but those of us crazy people with launch WiiUs probably have most of the games they want from that list.

I could use it as an opportunity to convert one of my retail games to digital, and then trade in the retail game though - but I went digital for pikmin and Zelda

Calamari41

41 > 38
its a great offer to tempt in new owners, but those of us crazy people with launch WiiUs probably have most of the games they want from that list.

I could use it as an opportunity to convert one of my retail games to digital, and then trade in the retail game though - but I went digital for pikmin and Zelda

That's not a bad idea. I'll probably just use this to convert Wii Party U to digital rather than dealing with paypal or trusting some internet stranger to mail me a check.

Top Bottom