• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo : buy Mario Kart 8 on the eShop or retail, get a free game

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
This is neat. Wasn't sure if I wanted to grab Mario Kart yet but getting another game (probably WW HD) "free" along with it is reason enough to go for it.

Davey Cakes

I am grateful for free things.

That said, I wish the NA/EU offerings were equal.

I guess I'll be getting Wind Waker HD. It's the only choice of the four I don't already own.

Shauni

So, I see the OP mentions that this is for physical copies and not just eShop orders? Does this include the US promotion, too? I googled it, and only seem to get references to eShop orders. Has there been a link posted that confirms it is both?

mackattk

Pikmin 3 get.

This is insanely amazing. I was able to get Mario Kart 8 from K-Mart when they were offering $30.60 in SYWR points (basically store credit). So getting two games for a little under $30 is ridiculous.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'm really bummed at the lack of free game options for NA. Why the difference? I already have 3 of those games, and I don't give a shit about the party game...

So grab one of the games with a strong trade in value (Pikmin 3, Mario U), and trade in your physical copy to Gamestop / Best Buy for Monster Hunter, W101, Wario, Batman Origins, or whatever. Or buy an eShop card and grab some VC games.

Ban Puncher

I already have all those games except for the terrible Sonic games and Wii Party U that aren't even worth the price of free.

Will double dip on something for no disc laziness.

Omikaru

I was considering waiting a bit, but I think I'll day 1 this game now and I'll probably grab Pikmin 3 as my freebie.

batbeg

So, I see the OP mentions that this is for physical copies and not just eShop orders? Does this include the US promotion, too? I googled it, and only seem to get references to eShop orders. Has there been a link posted that confirms it is both?

The NA Direct confirms it is both.

Hugstable

Banned
Blah always got the worst timing. Just paid full price on eshop for Pikmin 3 on the 27th for my birthday. I highly doubt Nintendo has a return policy like steam (you only get 1! Haha) so I guess I'm gonna be getting Wii Part U haha.

Hasney

Thinking about it, using the club Nintendo code on another account just gives you a download code previously. I may do this and trade in the extra copies if it works out cheaper for Monster Hunter than buying new.

m0t0k1

Wii Party U is one of the best multiplayer Wii U games easily. Worth it at full price.

Yes great multiplayer game for with your casual friends. People really enjoy playing it when i have them over. I am thinking about Wind Waker or Monster hunter since i own the rest of them except game and wario and sochi but i have no interest in those two games. Already own MH3 on 3ds and have a lan adaptor so i already can go online and wind waker i have completed that game over 10 times on gc not sure if hd update is worth it.

Hip Hop

Pikmin 3 get.

This is insanely amazing. I was able to get Mario Kart 8 from K-Mart when they were offering $30.60 in SYWR points (basically store credit). So getting two games for a little under $30 is ridiculous.

I posted that deal on the MK8 thread but no one seemed to care. It was going for $43 in points that day too. Kmart has been my go to for pre orders lately. It was at one point also possible to pre order Driveclub and get $50 in SYWR. That went fast though.

This is a great deal. I think Monster Hunter 3 is the most valuable game when it comes to retail prices; can't find it for any less than £40 no matter where I look. Game sells G&W for £24.99, Pikmin 3 for £27.99 and WWHD for £34.99.

That is a standard prepaid card, you could use it for anything. Consider it $10 off.

Oh, is it? I thought it might be (it's a Mastercard apparently), but I wasn't certain. It makes sense though. Not sure how they would limit it to just gas stations, although that's what the terms and conditions say.

Guess I'll bite on that deal

NimbusD

That is a standard prepaid card, you could use it for anything. Consider it $10 off.

Can someone corroborate this? I'm trying to look it up but can't find anything. I'm totally going to preorder if this is true.

One of the best things about the Wii U failing so bad right now (hopefully it does rebound) is the great friggen deals that keep popping up. Haven't owned so many games since the 64.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, is it? I thought it might be (it's a Mastercard apparently), but I wasn't certain. It makes sense though. Not sure how they would limit it to just gas stations, although that's what the terms and conditions say.

Guess I'll bite on that deal

Can someone corroborate this? I'm trying to look it up but can't find anything. I'm totally going to preorder if this is true.

One of the best things about the Wii U failing so bad right now (hopefully it does rebound) is the great friggen deals that keep popping up. Haven't owned so many games since the 64.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109672234&postcount=3

See that post.

This is great! I've been wanting to get WWHD forever but I couldn't justify the price point.... Any price point... Because I literally have my GCN and copy of the game about five feet away from me. And I just get guilty over spending money to double dip.

But hey, if it's free then the price is right.

mackattk

Tell me about it. This is starting to get to PC-level of deals. There are still a few games on my list that I would like to get at some point, just waiting for a deal on them (NFS and Deus Ex).

Albo

Sweet, sweet deal. W101 or WW HD for me, though it'd probably be WW HD since that rarely goes down in price compared to W101.

Top Bottom