• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo & DeNA's First Mobile Game Reveal Coming "Soon", "Expect the Unexpected"

Kazerei

Banned
Pikmin with microtransactions. Wait 10 mins for your Pikmin to bring back pellets/enemies/objects, or pay $1 for them to return with the goods immediately.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Nintendo making Pikmin into a mobile game could work

Nintendo making Pikmin f2p with microtransactions would be atrocious

Boem

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Mii creation thing (with a simple minigame or two, together with some bigger franchise connections like Mario outfits) that allows you to import Mii's to your console/handheld, in the hope that it'll push people to get one of those.

Arkeband

Banned
Expect the Unexpected...?

Sorry Nintendo, but after that TLG/Shenmue 3/FF7R Sony conference, this trick won't work for you unless it's Mother 3.

hatchx

Banned
It's either Pikmin, something Mario related, or the aforementioned Nintendogs/cats/hamsters. Those are my guesses.

GDGF

Soothsayer
One more prediction:

Streetpass functionality and most if not all streetpass games released so far (with a few more touch control friendly ones added in for good measure)

all cross compatible with the 3DS, of course.

Overside

Banned

With how fucking clueless Nintendo is right now...

Not only metroid, but a 2d metroid with fucking amaziballs world and progression design...

Made horrible to control because of shitty touch controls.

Nintendo refuses to port it to systems with buttons.

For all the jokes of "mario endless runner" or whatever, I don't actually expect the games to be hyper-derivative. That description could have an equal chance of meaning "they really did just make mobile cash-ins of the lowest order" or "they really did find something novel and unique and mobile-friendly that doesn't step on the toes of their console releases."

or, hell, "they went back on their word and are literally porting regular video games after they said they wouldn't"

or a bizarre choice of franchise for the first game, like everyone else said. I don't think a mii app/ wii____ app/ touch generations reincarnation would be that odd though.

TPC isn't involved in the DeNA deal, so it literally can't be Pokemon (although TPC has their own mobile efforts such as the shuffle port or the recently announced Pokemon Go)

Gumshoe 2, calling it now.

0M1ZGPb.jpg

Top Bottom