• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo & DeNA's First Mobile Game Reveal Coming "Soon", "Expect the Unexpected"

I'm pretty sure it's going to be Mario related, but I can't imagine the genre of the game. I'm not a big mobile gamer, but I'm excited to see what Nintendo and DeNa have in store.

AdanVC

Oh boy it's true. If they mean "unexpected" then it's probably not going to be a Mario game... Ugh, if it's a Mii based game then I would be so dissapointed.

Phazon

Pokemon Snap AR Mobile Game. Takes world by storm.

Fjj0ja3.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1109747

Griss

Felt like it was about time. Only three months left in the year.

I have no idea what to expect anyway, so 'expect the unexpected' means nothing to me. And judging by the predictions in this thread, no one has any idea what it will be.

I would be a little surprised if it wasn't a very typical 'mobile game', though. Pokemon Shuffle came out on 3DS, and it was instantly recognisable as 'a mobile game' even there. Of course it soon made its way to its natural home. I would expect a similar experience.

If, on the other hand, we get a more fully featured game with an actual price tag, I'll be pleasantly surprised (for myself) and unpleasantly surprised (for Nintendo's potential success).

Zalman

Make a good game starring Waluigi so he'll become more famous than Mario and become the new face of Nintendo.

NES Remix Touch. Each game has just a simple touch imput, the rest is automatic. "Like this minigame? Buy the classic game on 3DS/Wii U/NX Virtual Console!"

Pikmin "Farm" Sim
Is it wrong that I kind of want this? Send Pikmin out into the world to find stuff, they come back in X amount of minutes, as you continue you can send them farther and farther (with longer times) or of course skip the time with a microtransaction.

Meanwhile you do stuff yourself with a small pikmin team exploring a small overworld area, gathering pollen and stuff to make a larger cache of Pikmin/items

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Nintendo confirmed that DeNA is not involved in the development of their mobile titles. I'm not sure if they are providing any publishing channels either.

DeNA is providing the account system and back-end framework of sorts.

---

Technically, the only thing we know is that Hideki Konno's Production Group No. 1 (Nintendogs, Mario Kart) are the lead developers on mobile.

Felt like it was about time. Only three months left in the year.

I have no idea what to expect anyway, so 'expect the unexpected' means nothing to me. And judging by the predictions in this thread, no one has any idea what it will be.

I would be a little surprised if it wasn't a very typical 'mobile game', though. Pokemon Shuffle came out on 3DS, and it was instantly recognisable as 'a mobile game' even there. Of course it soon made its way to its natural home. I would expect a similar experience.

If, on the other hand, we get a more fully featured game with an actual price tag, I'll be pleasantly surprised (for myself) and unpleasantly surprised (for Nintendo's potential success).

The games will be free. They said they will not use aggressive monetization tactics though (target wide-audience instead of small-audience/whales)

Guys, you are expecting the unexpected in a good way... and we are all going to be surprised in a bad way...

Free to start - pay to win . amibo looked DLC type of game...

Unexpected? Fzero would be unexpected.

But i think it will be Mario. The Mascot of Nintendo. Why should they start with other Characters?

Red Devil

Nintendo confirmed that DeNA is not involved in the development of their mobile titles. I'm not sure if they are providing any publishing channels either.

---

Technically, the only thing we know is that Hideki Konno's Production Group No. 1 (Nintendogs, Mario Kart) are the lead developers on mobile.

Nintendogs then?

AdanVC

---

We can expect a top notch quality mobile game here then. HYPE!

I'm thinking they'll want to leverage their main mascot, Mario, but in a completely unexpected genre (for the series) appropriate for phones.

I think it's also possible that we get a Smash/Nintendo Land-esque game in the sense that it will celebrate all Nintendo's IPs. Maybe it's a puzzler. Nintendo could also start with the base game featuring a new mascot (a character that's a host, reminiscent of Nintendo Land's Monita), to establish their smartphone efforts as something unique. And then gradually make an event of each time they add a classic mascot to the game.

Day one - base game w/ new mascot, Mario and advertisement of characters to come. Week two - Mario's friends. Week three - Link. Week four - Pikachu. And so on. The game would definitely stay trending.

Trago

I can't wait for the mainstream media headlines "Nintendo's first mobile game a first step in their exit from hardware."

Top Bottom