• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Investor Meeting [Nintendo 1st Party DLC, NSMB3DS, NiN, Info In OP]

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
wiiU will have NFC enabling easy settlement and figurine connection

Well, that's Pokemon's next X Billion P.A. revenue stream sorted for the next 5 years!

I know what NFC is. But why will the Wii U - a stationary console - need it???

It will probably be used to pair controllers to the console without having to do the whole press red button on the machine thing.. and it could be used for payments, and the configuration of other unforseen peripherals and toys. Definitely a nice thing to have.

NFC sounds pretty interesting. I'm assuming it could be used for easy transmission of data when two of the screen controllers get close - though I don't think we know for sure if the console supports two at a time.

Hmm. Does the 3DS also have NFC? Is that what powers Streetpass? (If so.. Google Wallet on 3DS? Anybody?)

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
NFC sounds pretty interesting. I'm assuming it could be used for easy transmission of data when two of the screen controllers get close - though I don't think we know for sure if the console supports two at a time.

Hmm. Does the 3DS also have NFC? Is that what powers Streetpass? (If so.. Google Wallet on 3DS? Anybody?)
Nope. NFC devices needs to be very close from each other in order to do a transaction. The 3DS is probably using WiFi or something similar for StreetPass.

Wasn't sign-in to XBL on the original Xbox limited? I thought it was one way to sign in and out, with the option to store your account on the memory unit if you wanted to use your account on another Xbox.... I don't remember a nice multi-account system like the one on 360.

Michan

How so? What else you think they could do with this tech?
Imagine it as QR scanning, except the scan is automatic and there is no scan involved. Sort of like those security labels that prevent you from walking out of a store with a high-value product, in a way. It is mostly a way to send/receive data, which means different accessories could trigger different in-game events, etc.

Mushroomer25 said:
No, it is just searches for devices (like your laptop searches for wi-fi) and sends packets to the other device. This is similar, but is automatically activated by close-range (around 0 - 10 cm).

jambo

WiiU will have individual account system rather than previous per hardware, hence several users per hardware unit

MEGATON

U7fGz.gif

RagnarokX

Hmmm, so I might be able to tap my credit card on the wii u and make a transaction. Sounds a lot easier than inputting the data by hand.

jokkir

It's gone eerily quiet. They must have just announced FF7. Or committed seppuku. One of the two.

Love Plus WiiU and you can swap girls between the 3DS version and the WiiU version to have more waifu's. Oh, and figurines for the Wii-U

Believe.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
only checked the release schedule in america and it's not there, lower profile titles get put there most of the time. I guess there's maybe e3 for it to get officially announced.

Surely if they brought over Spirit Camera then they will bring over Fire Emblem. I just can't imagine them not bringing over one of their big DLC titles.

Top Bottom