• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.
My predictions as of now:

+A lot of Super Mario Odyssey. Like a lot. Almost too much.
+Mario x Rabbids Kingdom Battle. Five minutes spent on this completely new and secret game that we know nothing about.
+Monster Hunter XX Switch and 3DS release dates for NA. You guys didn't see that ballin' Monster Hunter World trailer for PS4 did you WE ALSO HAVE MONSTER HUNTER
+Fire Emblem Warriors crap
+HEY ARMS IS COMING OUT THIS WEEK
+Splatoon 2 trailer, announcement of a S2 direct soon
+New awful character designs for Xenoblade 2 revealed, delayed to 2018, please understand
+Nintendo Badge Arcade coming to Switch, more UI functions and customization, FOLDERS
+Apps like Netflix, Youtube, etc. announcement
+Zelda DLC 1 trailer, OUT NOW
+Indie showcase, maybe Stardew Valley and Rocket League
+Smash Switch, Spring 2018, Inklings
+Animal Crossing Switch, Spring 2018

I think that's a fairly believable list. AC is honestly 50/50 for me, but I think they need to show at least one big new game that won't hit until next year.

I think your list is quite realistic and... disappointing too, sadly.

Sheroking

Easy Allies don't know shit imho.

It's a NeoGAF poster in the thread, not the Allies themselves.

Although if, like, Brandon Jones just started seriously teasing something like Metroid and it clearly wasn't a joke, you should probably take that a bit seriously. It'd be pretty out of character for any of them to just do it out of nowhere.

KHlover

Banned
Overwatch will never be on Switch guys.

Sadly.

Yeah, Hearthstone incoming or maaaybe Diablo 3? I might actually buy Diablo on the Switch. Wouldn't buy Overwatch unless it's a shared profile with the PC version, which they're 100% not going to do. I'd lose too many Epics and Legendaries :S

Last predictions before bed:

No Overwatch-- can't see Blizz supporting the game with updates and maintenance on the Switch. Who knows what that online ecosystem is like. A version of Hearthstone makes waaay more sense, but if I were a betting man, my money is on a version of Diablo III.

No Metroid for Switch, sorry boys and girls.

Mother is coming.

No Smash appearance in any respect.

Dark Souls is coming to Switch in some respect. Maybe a collection.

Mario Maker Switch is coming soon.

Pokemon direct was a fake out and there is a mainline Pokemon game coming to Switch. Last reveal of the direct.

Retro's game does not reveal itself.

metroid 3ds exclusiv, switch getting 3d kirby game

¯_(ツ)_/¯
The comeback series is one series making a comeback thats been dead. So it wouldn't be Kirby since he's still getting real games.

Ok really going to bed now. Hope I can sleep. >_<

Edit: OH SHIT! Could the comeback series be Wario Land? But I don't think Wario Land, or Wario in general was guessed, so probably not it. Can Wario fit the Green Lantern pic? He did say it should be shorter! PLEASE HAVE A NEW WARIO LAND!!!

RIP sleep.

After looking into all the posts made by Nimbus in the EZA thread where he posted the text hint (2 Games from a "Long-Awaited Franchise") and the two riddles (HAL Laboratory and Blizzard)... I'm going to let myself get hyped.

There's enough there to put some faith into a new Metroid title in 7 hours. (In addition to something Kirby/Smash from HAL and likely Hearthstone from Blizzard)

If there's any time for hope - it's now.

ukCxhUj.png

klier

Mario, Mario, Mario! This afternoon my hype will rise over dangerous level after the Odyssey reveal.

Yes!

Mario will be enough for me, but I really want to see what Retro is up to, and maybe something like a new Pikmin 4 for Switch and a new Luigi's Mansion game. And Metroid, and a new fucking DK game.

sfried

I'm gonna be pissed off if the Metroid 3DS rumor is real.
If it's something like another Federation Forces, then sure.

If it's a 2D Metroid game, well...

(At this point people are just craving for a new Metroid in the vain of the Prime games. Metroidvania Prime?)

Sheroking

??? You mean like how they had the Prime series flanked with Fusion, Zero Mission, and Hunters exclusively on handhelds?

All of these games existed at a time where Nintendo had incentive to release exclusive games for the handheld to keep incentive to buy it. They don't want to kill 3DS, but neither should they care that people are buying Switches instead of the 3DS.

Not to mention, the GameCube and Wii were not also handhelds. The Switch is.

If it's something like another Federation Forces, then sure.

If it's a 2D Metroid game, well...

(At this point people are just craving for a new Metroid in the vain of the Prime games. Metroidvania Prime?)

I rather have a 2D Metroid or at least 2.5D. I always liked the fast movement of 2D versus the much slower 3D movement of the Prime games.

Remember people - monkey's paw.

Metroid Prime Federation Force 2.

You know something, don't you?

Metal B

I love Metroid as anybody else, but this constant whining about the series, really annoys me. If people had really bought enough games of the series, while they were relevant and good, fans wouldn't have to go crazy over it. Maybe all the whining will turn into enough sells ... But if not (if the game is good of couce), we can let Samus rest in peace.

Since the rumors say nothing about Smash, I'm already disappointed!
Okay, not really that disappointed. I planed on buying Overwatch in some time now.

ggx2ac

No. Unless the info comes from the "conference" itself it doesn't count. Even before treehouse, Nintendo would reveal additional stuff on their website, but that never counted either. This rule has been passed down the generations. Nintendo has 25 minutes to deliver or they can kiss their whole future goodbye.

Now you're reminding of the people that say that E3 is going to be make or break for Switch.

Cringeworthy.

Forkball

I like how we went from, "Zelda DLC trailer, new FE Warriors characters, MAYBE a Smash announcement for 2018..." to "Platinum, Retro, and From Software are all making different Metroid games, Blizzard is going to release Overwatch with Mario skins, and Sakurai will ride up in an actual Blue Falcon to announce F-Zero Universe" in less than a day.

Not to mention, the GameCube and Wii were not also handhelds. The Switch is.

The Switch is also a handheld.

Thing is, they're too different for the same title to be on both. One will use a second screen and require far less power, the other will not. One will have access to certain features that the other won't.

Unless you want a compromised experience on both platforms, you wouldn't put the exact same game on two vastly different systems. (Think Wii & DS, you never saw the exact same game on both, and even when they were similar, they were obviously made for their systems.)

Shahadan

You forget the inevitable "WHY WASN'T THIS IN THE CONFERENCE/DIRECT/SPOTLIGHT??????!!!" we get every year.

It's like where it's announced matters more than the actual information because "who winz E3 guyz?"

Sheroking

Thing is, they're too different for the same title to be on both. One will use a second screen and require far less power, the other will not. One will have access to certain features that the other won't.

Unless you want a compromised experience on both platforms, you wouldn't put the exact same game on two vastly different systems. (Think Wii & DS, you never saw the exact same game on both, and even when they were similar, they were obviously made for their systems.)

This wouldn't be the first time they limited use of a past consoles featureset so a Switch version could exist.

I mean, if it were up to me, the 3DS would already have a bullet in it's head and nothing would be in development for it, so maybe I'm just projecting.

Branduil

Somehow games like Master Blaster Zero and Monster Hunter can survive being on both systems. There's no real reason not to make a Switch version, especially if they use the second screen for something as simple as a map. And if there's one demographic the Switch has appealed to, it's people who like retro games. So making a 3DS-exclusive Metroid would be nothing but Nintendo setting up Metroid to fail again.

aravuus

Unbelievable, Nintendo might actually "win" this E3 for me. Sony and MS conferences were filled to the brim with games I really don't care about, so getting a bit of Mario and XB2 gameplay along with a (2017) release date for both would be enough.

e: also yeah hope we get the first BOTW DLC today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom