• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt Lmao

GOAT edition:

Metroid Prime 4
Pikmin 4
Overwatch
Rocket League
Gamecube VC launches with F-Zero GX with 32 player online.
BGE2 is coming to Switch
Dark Souls Trilogy
Wario Land 5 (fully orchestrated)
Pac Man Championship Edition Omega

Glumbucket/Fuck Nintendo edition:

Mario Odyssey: 5+ minutes
Zelda DLC talked about in detail
ARMS DLC announced with Little Mac as playable character
Metroid 2 for virtual console with added co-op
Captain Toad 2 for 3DS
Pokken trailer
Mario x Rabbids trailer (big third party announcement)

and a little surprise at the end ;)

Super Smash Brothers for Switch

Painguy

Everyone is gonna be so disappointed tmrw. But I won't cuz I have to present my findings for a micro architecture design course, and present a VR game I made last week. Ima be sooo late to the disappointment party.

I'm trying to convince myself its gonna be shit so I dont feel bad about missing the stream :p

L176

I like how we went from, "Zelda DLC trailer, new FE Warriors characters, MAYBE a Smash announcement for 2018..." to "Platinum, Retro, and From Software are all making different Metroid games, Blizzard is going to release Overwatch with Mario skins, and Sakurai will ride up in an actual Blue Falcon to announce F-Zero Universe" in less than a day.

It's Neogaf. What did you expect?

The_Lump

Banned

Captain Toad 2 for 3DS
Pokken trailer
Mario x Rabbids trailer

This is a 100% realistic scenario. Don't expect any more than this.

Captain Toad 2 for 3DS
Pokken trailer

This would be even worse than 2012 and 2013

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Daura Late Kale revealed to me the following leaks:

Urban Champion vs River City Ransom
Yoshi's Cookie Clicker
1080p Snowboarding
Wario's Woods PGA Tour
Clu Clu Rocket

The year of revivals!

If there is a 3DS Metroid, is there a reason at all to not port that to Switch?

The Switch version could be exclusive, while the one that goes to 3DS is on both?

We're not even 100% certain it's Metroid, but the facts line up based on the hints from that user, and they've been verified. (+ Not banned, yet.)

GOAT edition:

Metroid Prime 4
Pikmin 4
Overwatch
Rocket League
Gamecube VC launches with F-Zero GX with 32 player online.
BGE2 is coming to Switch
Dark Souls Trilogy
Wario Land 5 (fully orchestrated)
Pac Man Championship Edition Omega

Captain Toad 2 for 3DS
Pokken trailer

Capitan Todd for Switch!

Kikorin

I'm happy because still from some hours I can hope for an Eternal Darkness return like every year, than I'll be a bit disappointed for some minutes and at after that I'll start to hope again for the next event.

What do you guys think of the Green Lantern image and that "it should be shorter" ? When I think green and nintendo, I thinl Luigi or Yoshi but that's it... I honestly don't have a clue !

ZombAid82

I like how we went from, "Zelda DLC trailer, new FE Warriors characters, MAYBE a Smash announcement for 2018..." to "Platinum, Retro, and From Software are all making different Metroid games, Blizzard is going to release Overwatch with Mario skins, and Sakurai will ride up in an actual Blue Falcon to announce F-Zero Universe" in less than a day.

Yeah, i find that hilarious!

Kicko

What do you guys think of the Green Lantern image and that "it should be shorter" ? When I think green and nintendo, I thinl Luigi or Yoshi but that's it... I honestly don't have a clue !

Wonderful 101. The power set for the characters in that game are very similar to Green Lantern. And they fit the "short" description.

Cpt Lmao

Honestly, people need to temper their expectations. Contextual indicators have me suspect that this might be the worst E3 presentation we have ever seen.

Lynd7

Wonderful 101. The power set for the characters in that game are very similar to Green Lantern. And they fit the "short" description.

I know there's a rumour about TW101, but why would Nintendo do that? The game sold really badly, I don't think a sequel could make people want it. Unless maybe they allow Platinum to include Nintendo heroes.

weekev

Banned
Fuck yeah, you missed Mother 4 and Animal Crossing but other than that you described exactly how this half hour presentation is gonna go...

Really hoping to see more games from third-party partners.

Nintendo's got a great first-party lineup for this year, but Switch won't survive if it loses support from other developers down the line.

Going to watch the whole show. I don't have high expectations in terms of surprises, so I just want to see release dates for software.

c1d

Captain Toad 2 for 3DS
Pokken trailer

I feel like all indications are pointing to this

Mortemis

Banned
I keep on flip flopping between "Nintendo won't show a single new interesting game, worst E3 ever" and "Metroid is coming, get fucking hyped"

I'm leaning towards the E3 of nightmares, but I'm gonna go to sleep with a little hope for my sanity. See y'all in the spotlight thread.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm totally expecting there to be a monkey's paw Metroid revealed. It would be the perfect ending to this E3 after the other two monkey's paw reveals.

RedBeaver

Neo Member
This is a 100% realistic scenario. Don't expect any more than this.

Xenoblade 2 is pretty much 100% guaranteed to show up judging from retweets. FE Warriors also feels very likely to me. Oh, and there's also Splatoon of course. There you basically have the most pessimistic scenario.

Xater

I'm keeping my expectations in check. I mostly expect more of what we already know about. That has been a theme this E3 in general.

R8L41s6.gif

Buggy Loop

Thing is, they're too different for the same title to be on both. One will use a second screen and require far less power, the other will not. One will have access to certain features that the other won't.

Unless you want a compromised experience on both platforms, you wouldn't put the exact same game on two vastly different systems. (Think Wii & DS, you never saw the exact same game on both, and even when they were similar, they were obviously made for their systems.)

Oh cmon, Switch has equivalent battery life as the new 3DS, it's better than OG 3DS. This argument doesn't fly. That's not a good argument. 3DS has to die. Fuck 2nd screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom