• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eliseo

List of (potential) Switch releases between June 2017 and (for argument's sake) February 2018:
- ARMS
- Splatoon 2
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
- Pokken Tournament DX
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- Skyrim
- Sonic Forces
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild DLC
- Plethora of indie games

The importance of E3 for all publishers has long been eroding in favour of scattered announcements throughout the year and publisher/title specific events. Nintendo is like...the flagbearer for this, and has been for some time.

A short focus on aforementioned "holiday titles" is a completely reasonable expectation. The most reasonable.

This is a sound argument, what the fuck are you doing here. It's all about the doooom.

what-ok

vxOw7Hs.jpg

...reveal trailer....

Nintendo x Retro Studios x Platinum Games

'open world Metroid for Switch'

'Coming 2018'.
Please please. Oh you forgot the to add From to the list of developers. (=

kiri

Here is the address of Nintendo UK

Quadrant, 55-57 High Street SL4 1LP Windsor, Berkshire

I'm going to drive over there and post some dogshit through their door if they don't come correct in forty minutes. I suggest other London area gaffers do likewise.

BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD!

Literally the only reason I haven't applied for any of their jobs there is that shitty address.

#Shoreditch4Lyfe

RulkezX

What is surprising is how little screen time indies got at Sony's and Microsoft's Conference. Wonder if Nintendo will be seen as "behind the times" for having a sizzle reel.

A lot of the indie announcements at E3 so fast haven't mentioned Switch versions. That's been the biggest disappointment for me so far.

Kinda hope they do have a sizzle reel showing indie stuff.

Seriously how can people on this forum function properly in real life? This is embarassing every year.
It's like a competition of who's going to be the dumbest.

Also E3 does not exist solely for megatonz. Seeing more about games not yet released is not a bad thing by any mean wtf.
Every year, every conference of the big 3, always the same shitty circus.

I found the cause !!! :

Hysteria, definition :
1.an uncontrollable outburst of emotion or fear, often characterized by irrationality, laughter, weeping, etc.
2.Psychoanalysis. a psychoneurotic disorder characterized by violent emotional outbreaks, disturbances of sensory and motor functions, and various abnormal effects due to autosuggestion.

You're welcome ;-)

KingBroly

Banned
Bamboo 竹;240518716 said:
Come on, Nintendo revealed just ONE game last year for E3. They also said that E3 isn't a relevant for announcement for them anymore since they focus on Directs to do that now.

Then they shouldn't come. It's simply a drain on resources for them to come here and announce jack all or announce something in the background they don't give a shit about, sending it to die at retail.

zelhawks37

Keeping my expectations low, but there should be one surprise.

Maybe a glimpse at Retro's new game, but I expect Smash 4 for Switch though.

Omnicent

so many here setting themselves up for disappointment.
I'm just hoping nintendo doesn't go below my low expectations.
Every time I go in with high expectations I leave sad.

Servbot24

Banned
vxOw7Hs.jpg

...reveal trailer....

Nintendo x Retro Studios x Platinum Games

'open world Metroid for Switch'

'Coming 2018'.

*Retro logo appears*

OMG

*Platinum logo appears*

OMG WTF IS HAPPENING

*Metroid logo appears*

DEAR LORD IN HEAVEN I'M NOT WORTHY TAKE ME NOW

*Interact in the immersive open world*

... Fuck. Fuck video games.

bman94

I'm expecting Smash this year. We're def getting smash 4 port this year.

I honestly think it will come out in 2018. Unless they really want to pack Smash, Mario and Pokemon all in November I don't see it happening. Of course they can do a September release or something but they would want Smash right before the Black Friday rush.

These little things Nintendo peppers out through the year called "Directs". I could definitely see them doing one in October that reveals more about Fire Emblem (early 2018) and more games coming out at that time. They don't make the same habit Sony does of announcing games super well in advance. Zelda was the exception.

Are Directs really that big?
I have the feeling that only nintendo fans are watching Directs. I don't think this is a good marketing strategy but maybe I'm wrong.

jokkir

*screen goes black*

"Metroid"

*hear blaster being shot*

*see a glimpse of samus*

"Nintendo"

*hear a metroid*

*hear mother brain*

"Ninja Theory"

"Metroid Other M 2"

Toxi

Banned
*Retro logo appears*

OMG

*Platinum logo appears*

OMG WTF IS HAPPENING

*Metroid logo appears*

Honestly, Platinum working on a Metroid game would worry me more with the average quality of level design in their games.

conpfreak

You never know what to expect with these things. Remeber the Nintendo direct that was a litter over 30 mins but several new titles were revealed? And then there's treehouse reveals as well. I'm skeptical.

Are Directs really that big?
I have the feeling that only nintendo fans are watching Directs. I don't think this is a good marketing strategy but maybe I'm wrong.

Why do people keep asking this? Do you think Splatoon became the biggest new IP in Japan in multiple generations because no one, but Nintendo fans watched its Directs outside of its E3 reveal?

10 mins of the single player campaign? I'm down.

Why? The game literally comes out next month. Wasting nearly half of E3 to show what you'll be playing in a short while would be a huge waste

erikNORML

Neo Member
*Retro logo appears*

OMG

*Platinum logo appears*

OMG WTF IS HAPPENING

*Metroid logo appears*

"explore the world of metroid with your friends. Multiplayer only. Always online requirement"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom