• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239597109&postcount=1482

Are you guys seeing 20 distinct monitors in those screens? I'm not very good at counting them distinctly in these photos...

Which comment says the 20 monitors are confirmed? I'm totally missing it, sorry. If it's just from the original leak and not the new info, I don't see how that would be confirmatory.

(I totally agree more third party games are coming than people expect.)

I can't tell by the photos.

I apologize Gaf, I didn't realize that on the other thread the person was just quoting the 4chan rumor.

We will find out soon. Looking forward to seeing Fifa tomorrow, that will be very telling.

TDLink

Oh dang, just read that 4Chan leak and it sounds just as likely as the January event leak did. I'm gonna believe it, especially because it doesn't rule out certain games being announced for 2018. Takes away some of my 2017 hype for Switch but that's ok! I didn't buy the console expecting to have half the "major" Nintendo games that I'd want in year one.

What's the "leak" say?

Rodin

Yeah, that's it really. Granted that leak seems pretty reasonable, and I'm not counting it as gospel yet. This thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239796401&postcount=20

S&P by Platinum would be incredible if that's real. I would be okay with another year of no Metroid if we got that.

Is the 20 monitors thing confirmed as well? A Mario Odyssey booth decorated as New Donk City isn't that hard to guess tbh.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239597109&postcount=1482

Are you guys seeing 20 distinct monitors in those screens? I'm not very good at counting them distinctly in these photos...

Which comment says the 20 monitors are confirmed? I'm totally missing it, sorry. If it's just from the original leak and not the new info, I don't see how that would be confirmatory.

(I totally agree more third party games are coming than people expect.)
Yeah this.

TDLink

I don't want to re-post the whole thing when someone else already went through that work. You can see the relevant post here.

Hm okay. Seems alright. I'm pretty content with all that stuff. Sin and Punishment by Platinum seems like something awesome I never thought would happen. And if this is just the show floor, it doesn't account for anything in the spotlight that won't be playable there, so there could still be other surprises.

But if all that's true, it's definitely a pretty good E3 for Nintendo.

DMONKUMA

The leak wouldn't make sense based on a couple of things.....

-Didn't Yooka-Laylee just startd to be ported on the Switch? it wouldn't show if that's the case
-Tokyo Mirage port being on the show floor?
-a new Sin and Punishment game on the show floor as well?

The format is very reminiscent of the January leak so far that I will say that this leaker is their attempt to copy it.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
What makes you think that? Everything listed sounded extremely plausible to me. If they were pretending to have details about the Spotlight I'd definitely be more skeptical.

I see no conceivable way he would know all of those details given it looks like the booth is being constructed today.

sinonobu

Banned

-Isn't Yooka-Laylee just stared to be ported on the Switch so it wouldn't show

+
-there's no way Pokemon U S/M is playable

What makes you think that? Everything listed sounded extremely plausible to me. If they were pretending to have details about the Spotlight I'd definitely be more skeptical.

LOL at a new S&P being plausible, given the last game sold like complete garbage on the wii of all systems, and Pokemon despite never having been playable on the show floor at any e3, and the fact that it suggests the show floor is mostly setup when pictures we've actually seen suggest otherwise. The only support it has is new donk city being the show floor theme, but that's honestly the easiest guess anyone could've made

TDLink

-Didn't Yooka-Laylee just startd to be ported on the Switch? it wouldn't show if that's the case

The format is very reminiscent of the January leak so far that I will say that this leaker is their attempt to copy it.

+
-there's no way Pokemon U S/M is playable

I don't see why any of these things would be unlikely (provided they're real things that exist). Yooka-Laylee has been in dev on switch since late last year, at least. I am sure it's close to release.

One thing I will say about this, was S/M playable last year? I know it was on treehouse but don't remember it being playable at the actual show floor....

Zelda was the only playable game on the showfloor for Nintendo last year. It was a pretty big deal so I'm not sure how you forgot

Kickz

What's the "leak" say?

Brand new Jeanne D Arc is on the way

tumblr_m71fv4XU8H1r4cdnoo1_r3_500.gif

/s

Piscus

Leaks are kind of going to ruin the experience, whether they are true or not. Look at what leaks did to the January presentation, see how that turned out.

So that leaker got one easy thing to guess right and several other things unlikely right based on what is known? So teamfake for me.

MoonFrog

I still don't get why there'd be a one-to-one relationship between show floor and the direct content. Even if the leak is true, we perhaps don't know all that is going to be announced or spoken too.

EDarkness

Leaks are kind of going to ruin the experience, whether they are true or not. Look at what leaks did to the January presentation, see how that turned out.

Well, the problem is always with how much hype these events generate. When the actual reality isn't nearly as awesome as people think it will be. Of course, leakers don't care about that because they're just fueling the hype. You'd think we'd be prepared for this sort of thing by now, but it gets people every time.

My biggest hope honestly is they release that Zelda DLC either the day of E3 or the actual first day of summer. Played through Breath of the Wild on my Wii U (which I've since sold to get a Switch) and now I'm itching to start a new playthrough on hard mode.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Hm okay. Seems alright. I'm pretty content with all that stuff. Sin and Punishment by Platinum seems like something awesome I never thought would happen. And if this is just the show floor, it doesn't account for anything in the spotlight that won't be playable there, so there could still be other surprises.

But if all that's true, it's definitely a pretty good E3 for Nintendo.

Not even commenting on the actual leak, but the "looks like it's developed by Platinum" means nothing. OP on last leak thought Arms "looked like it was developed by Platinum" So if it's Japanese and action-based - "it looks like it's developed by Platinum".

I don't see why any of these things would be unlikely (provided they're real things that exist). Yooka-Laylee has been in dev on switch since late last year, at least. I am sure it's close to release.

I'd love to live in a world where a new S&P game wasn't considered extremely unlikely, but alas

TDLink

Not even commenting on the actual leak, but the "looks like it's developed by Platinum" means nothing. OP on last leak thought Arms "looked like it was developed by Platinum" So if it's Japanese and action-based - "it looks like it's developed by Platinum".

That's a good point. I think getting a new S+P regardless of the developer would be cool though.

I'd love to live in a world where a new S&P game wasn't considered extremely unlikely, but alas

Nintendo does whatever they want. Nothing is really -that- unlikely. They've randomly announced new entries in long lapsed franchises plenty of times before. Including Sin and Punishment 2.

DMONKUMA

Even if that leak is true, it's only the showfloor stuff. Doesn't rule out Metroid being announced ;)

I find it funny that the leaker was bit adamant that Metroid or similiar things was gonna be there since it wasn't at they "hypothetical showfloor". Doesn't mean it wouldn't be shown in the spotlight and such.

The Yooka-Laylee thing already debunks it a bit, and unless they are someone that's like Kojima and loves to troll people....I don't see their game being there.

That's a good point. I think getting a new S+P regardless of the developer would be cool though.

Nintendo does whatever they want. Nothing is really -that- unlikely. They've randomly announced new entries in long lapsed franchises plenty of times before. Including Sin and Punishment 2.

I'm pretty sure S&P 2 sold Wonderful 101 numbers, possibly even worse, except it was on the fucking Wii and not the goddamn wii u. I don't think Nintendo is interested in throwing money away to make a new one. S&P 2 was a risk sure, but it was also one that was a more unknown risk since the original hadn't released in America ever, so they didn't know how it would sell, which is quite different from knowing it'll sell like a steaming turd

Maybe NOA should tweet at us and say 4chan is wrong

It's worth a shot. It won't happen, but it's worth a shot.

Why should they even acknowledge it? Also, there is 0 chance of Nintendo bringing back anything Wii related. Miis are pretty much the extent, but we're not getting a new Wii Blah Blah type title again

People complaining about Pikmin are not focusing on the true Popular-but-completely-unexciting Nintendo franchise:

Fucking Animal Crossing

XandBosch

People complaining about Pikmin are not focusing on the true Popular-but-completely-unexciting Nintendo franchise:

Fucking Animal Crossing

Animal Crossing is an addictive treasure, son. It's also HUGELY successful for them. New Leaf alone sold like 10 million or something crazy.

Maybe people aren't focusing on it because it's....way better than Pikmin? Way more people would be excited to see AC Switch than Pikmin lol. Don't get me wrong, Pikmin is dope, but AC>>>>>

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Fucking Animal Crossing

I put 400 hours into New Leaf before my file corrupted. Get out. It's by far my favorite Nintendo series. I've been waiting 5 years for a new one.

Revven

Normally don't do this but I really can't be bothered to type out all my predictions/expectations for Nintendo so here's the video I did instead. Nothing too outlandish, but I did throw out just some random possibilities just for fun. :p

Mostly realistic stuff, though.

Hindl

I dunno why people are desperate for that 4chan leak to be fake. I'd be pretty alright with it if it was real, and I could see all of it happening. A TMS port and new Pilotwings + WaveRace sounds better than what I assume Nintendo will show. I'd give that lineup a solid B if everything there looks good

Jubenhimer

I'm pretty sure S&P 2 sold Wonderful 101 numbers, possibly even worse, except it was on the fucking Wii and not the goddamn wii u. I don't think Nintendo is interested in throwing money away to make a new one. S&P 2 was a risk sure, but it was also one that was a more unknown risk since the original hadn't released in America ever, so they didn't know how it would sell, which is quite different from knowing it'll sell like a steaming turd

Nintendo has a habit of publishing and producing games they know probably won't sell jack shit. I find it hard to believe they went in to picking up Wonderful 101 and Ever Oasis thinking they're going to be million sellers. Anything is possible, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are producing a new S&P. It sounds like one of the most Nintendo things they'd do TBH.

XandBosch

I put 400 hours into New Leaf before my file corrupted. Get out. It's by far my favorite Nintendo series. I've been waiting 5 years for a new one.

I think at this point I can probably say the same. MAYBE Zelda takes the top spot, but yeah, AC is definitely a really close runner up if not the top spot. I've logged wayyyyy too much time into each one, especially the original. The Gamecube one is still my favourite, and if the VC Gamecube rumours are true, I'd be giddy as fuck if AC was one of the games.

Nintendo has a habit of publishing and producing games they know probably won't sell jack shit. I find it hard to believe they went in to picking up Wonderful 101 and Ever Oasis thinking they're going to be million sellers. Anything is possible, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are producing a new S&P. It sounds like one of the most Nintendo things they'd do TBH.

There's a difference between selling a game and not expecting it to be a million seller, a selling a game and expecting it to sell like utter shit. Wonderful 101 wasn't expected to sell gangbusters, but it was expected to sell substantially more than it actually did. Nintendo isn't going to throw money away on a game that can't reasonably be expected to sell over 30,000 copies

Blues1990

I'm down with a new installment for the Animal Crossing series, only if they fix the issues that I had with New Leaf. (Why yes, Beau. I would "love" your new home be placed smack dab in the middle of my rose garden near the towns central park. No worries, I'll get over it. What's that, Isabelle? You say I can't place a lamp post near the park bench, despite I could do it with the others? Sure, why not?)

I really had a love-hate relationship with being the mayor, and I need additional tools to make the town building aspect more appealing.

What if that Sin and Punishment is Retro's game?

That'd be bizarre.

Like I said in the past, I think Retro's better off working on western oriented franchises like Metroid and Donkey Kong. Leave stuff like Sin & Punishment and Kid Icarus to Japanese developers like PlatinumGames and Treasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom