• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harpoon

Thing is they said the game would be an action game focused on multiplayer. I don't see a traditional RPG being that.

It's more than likely going to be a fighting game of some sort. An English Miiverse post described it as an "action-fighting game", and the Japanese version of that post used a term that's specifically used for competitive games with larger character rosters like Smash Bros. and Guilty Gear.

Hm...

DB5XtABXUAAxOHt.jpg

Oh I see.

maxcriden

I can't keep up with all these posts... :/

1) The booth photos in no way confirm the 4ch leak, right?

2) Was there new info on length beyond the 25m estimate from Nico Nico?

Thanks all! Happy Friday!

J@hranimo

Banned
RE: Pilotwings + Waverace.... Would Nintendo really make another game set on Wuhu Island?

This made it sound like BS to me tbh. Not believing it for a sec really.

Also that Esports Twitter only looks like it's for E3 week. I'm take it more seriously if they announce something serious after E3 haha.

Edit: Nvm saw something else on the Twitter page.

Piscus

This made it sound like BS to me tbh. Not believing it for a sec really.

Also that Esports Twitter only looks like it's for E3 week. I'm take it more seriously if they announce something serious after E3 haha.

"Welcome to @NintendoVS! Follow us for updates regarding Nintendo competitive events, starting with our #E32017 tournaments, June 13-14."

Sounds like it'll last longer to me.

I can't keep up with all these posts... :/

1) The booth photos in no way confirm the 4ch leak, right?

2) Was there new info on length beyond the 25m estimate from Nico Nico?

Thanks all! Happy Friday!

I dunno though. Getting the monitor count right is really really hard to guess. 20 some monitors for Mario Odessy

maxcriden

I dunno though. Getting the monitor count right is really really hard to guess. 20 some monitors for Mario Odessy

Did the photos confirm 20-something monitors in total? (Unless you are being facetious, forgive me if I'm not catching it, battling an illness.)

Even if the leak was accurate, there is no guarantee it would encompass everything to be announced at the Spotlight, in PR, or at Treehouse, since there wouldn't necessarily be a booth for some games that are announced but not playable.

I think that 4chan leak is fake. I know alot of people are already calling it but here are my reasons.
1. The leak makes it sound like the set up is ready but the pictures make it seem like they're just starting and the leak was put up yesterday morning.
2. No mention of amiibo in the leak even though the pictures have a banner for amiibo.

Of course the pictures could've been taken way before hand and we only recently got them but I think amiibo being absent from the leak is a pretty big contradiction.

Mory Dunz

we'll probably see a Mario sports announced.

either Superstar port, Ultra Tennis Smash Switch, or Mario & Sonic imo.

I think AC will be announced in a fall direct so I don't see it happening Tues.
I could see Luigi's Mansion3 announced Tuesday for 2018 tho.

As far as retro? Man....I still think New adventure IP but shooting is not the main thing.

Atheerios

Yeah, the 4chan leak is fake. I'm pretty sure of it.

It said Pokémon USUM would be playable at E3, however no main Pokémon games have been playable at E3.

maxcriden

we'll probably see a Mario sports announced.

either Superstar port, Ultra Tennis Smash Switch, or Mario & Sonic imo.

I think AC will be announced in a fall direct so I don't see it happening Tues.
I could see Luigi's Mansion3 announced Tuesday for 2018 tho.

As far as retro? Man....I still think New adventure IP but shooting is not the main thing.

I agree AC will be announced in the Fall alongside the mobile game. I really, truly hope you are right about Luigi's Mansion 3 because I am endlessly eager to see the continued adventures of Polterpup but...I'm trying not to get my hopes up!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I hope to Christ it's fake. Please let it be fake. Please.

I think its fake, but I don't get the consternation if it was real- that leak is about stuff on the show floor. There could very well be other, 2018 titles unveiled that do not have a show floor presence.

maxcriden

I hope to Christ it's fake. Please let it be fake. Please.

I think its fake, but I don't get the consternation if it was real- that leak is about stuff on the show floor. There could very well be other, 2018 titles unveiled that do not have a show floor presence.

Took the words right out of my...keyboard. I don't think there's any cause for concern if it's real, even if it only reveals new titles I personally have no interest in.

Mory Dunz

I agree AC will be announced in the Fall alongside the mobile game. I really, truly hope you are right about Luigi's Mansion 3 because I am endlessly eager to see the continued adventures of Polterpup but...I'm trying not to get my hopes up!

Some midtier first party game in a franchise will be announced imo. It's just hard to say which.

If Paper Jam didn't exist I could see M&L, but no. Same for Paper Mario if Color Splash didn't exist.
LM3 seems possible. Heck, even if it's not announced now I feel confident in saying it's a 2018 game regardless. It just seems the right timing.
I would say Pikmin 4 but Hey Pikmin exists and hasn't come out yet
Yoshi just got the 3DS game
Kirby (probably above mid tier but anyway) is getting a lot this year and last year so I don't see it
Star Fox is dad

I'm probably missing a few notable ones, but LM3 stood out from the rest.

Hylian7

Corroborated by the monitor count or something else? (No snark, sincerely asking.)

Which thread, and what has been corroborated?

Yeah, that's it really. Granted that leak seems pretty reasonable, and I'm not counting it as gospel yet. This thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239796401&postcount=20

S&P by Platinum would be incredible if that's real. I would be okay with another year of no Metroid if we got that.

watershed

Banned
The other thread has corroborated some of this...I especially hope the TMS port and Sin & Punishment things are true, especially S&P developed by Platinum.
So far the only "corroboration" had been that Nintendo's booth is New Donk City themed, which everyone already guessed.

maxcriden

You three, get out!

Pikmin would steal the show for me. Even more than Mario.

Pikmin is my killer app, like it was for the Wii U.

I'm with you guys. Pikmin will excite me to no end. (But I don't expect it yet.)

Which thread, and what has been corroborated?

I think they mean: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1388357

One poster mentioned it corroborates the monitor count in the leak but I'm haven't been able to check if that is accurate.

Some midtier first party game in a franchise will be announced imo. It's just hard to say which.

If Paper Jam didn't exist I could see M&L, but no. Same for Paper Mario if Color Splash didn't exist.
LM3 seems possible. Heck, even if it's not announced now I feel confident in saying it's a 2018 game regardless. It just seems the right timing.
I would say Pikmin 4 but Hey Pikmin exists and hasn't come out yet
Yoshi just got the 3DS game
Kirby (probably above mid tier but anyway) is getting a lot this year and last year so I don't see it
Star Fox is dad

I'm probably missing a few notable ones, but LM3 stood out from the rest.

Let's see...

I think M&L is coming, right? I assume SSDX is a full remake using the 3DS engine so AlphaDream has probably mainly been working on that.

LM3, I agree 2018 makes sense, in fact I was surprised never to see a 3DS sequel given its stellar sales. Fingers crossed though I don't expect to see much of anything slated beyond a year from now.
Agreed on Pikmin...and Yoshi...
Kirby has the (maybe mainline?) 3DS game coming end of the year so I presume that's the main Kirby project we'll see next week or sometime soon after (only reason it might not be shown next week is that the last two Kirby games for HH were shown only a few months before release IIRC).
Star Fox's dad is James I believe

XandBosch

I'm with you guys. Pikmin will excite me to no end. (But I don't expect it yet.)

One poster mentioned it corroborates the monitor count in the leak but I'm haven't been able to check if that is accurate.

Let's see...

I think M&L is coming, right? I assume SSDX is a full remake using the 3DS engine so AlphaDream has probably mainly been working on that.

LM3, I agree 2018 makes sense, in fact I was surprised never to see a 3DS sequel given its stellar sales. Fingers crossed though I don't expect to see much of anything slated beyond a year from now.
Kirby has the (maybe mainline?) 3DS game coming end of the year so I presume that's the main Kirby project we'll see next week or sometime soon after (only reason it might not be shown next week is that the last two Kirby games for HH were shown only a few months before release IIRC).

Star Fox 64 prequel confirmed.

Did the photos confirm 20-something monitors in total? (Unless you are being facetious, forgive me if I'm not catching it, battling an illness.)

Even if the leak was accurate, there is no guarantee it would encompass everything to be announced at the Spotlight, in PR, or at Treehouse, since there wouldn't necessarily be a booth for some games that are announced but not playable.

There was no photo. Just the comment from the first post as well, confirming the 20 some monitors.

Your absolutely right, Nintendo won't have anything on the show floor that is coming out in 2018. I expect a couple of 2018 games to be announced in the Spotlight. I half believe Pokemon Stars could be real and a spring 2018 game. So they have longer development time, and to not hurt sales of 3ds version.

We will find out soon.

I'm not personally expecting much, but have read and heard different rumors lately that third parties have more ports than I expected. We will find out in a few days.

maxcriden

Can someone tell me the page the leaks are on or give a summery of them?

I'm out commuting so can't read each page.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239597109&postcount=1482

Yeah, that's it really. Granted that leak seems pretty reasonable, and I'm not counting it as gospel yet. This thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239796401&postcount=20

S&P by Platinum would be incredible if that's real. I would be okay with another year of no Metroid if we got that.

Are you guys seeing 20 distinct monitors in those screens? I'm not very good at counting them distinctly in these photos...

There was no photo. Just the comment from the first post as well, confirming the 20 some monitors.

Your absolutely right, Nintendo won't have anything on the show floor that is coming out in 2018. I expect a couple of 2018 games. I half believe Pokemon Stars could be real and a spring 2018 game. So they have longer development time, and to not hurt sales of 3ds version.

We will find out soon.

I'm not personally expecting much, but have read and heard different rumors lately that third parties have more ports than I expected. We will find out in a few days.

Which comment says the 20 monitors are confirmed? I'm totally missing it, sorry. If it's just from the original leak and not the new info, I don't see how that would be confirmatory.

(I totally agree more third party games are coming than people expect.)

LOL at the idea of a new S&P game. I mean, I'd love it to be true, but the S&P2 on the wii sold like hot fucking garbage so I find it hard to believe a new one would be greenlit

Mory Dunz

Let's see...

yeah, i meant a new M&L, but the remake will still be interesting. I wonder if it will use the sprites from Paper Jam and Dream Team. And also what the series will do going forward

Oh dang, just read that 4Chan leak and it sounds just as likely as the January event leak did. I'm gonna believe it, especially because it doesn't rule out certain games being announced for 2018. Takes away some of my 2017 hype for Switch but that's ok! I didn't buy the console expecting to have half the "major" Nintendo games that I'd want in year one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom