• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch eShops from other regions can easily be accessed

OK this is definitely something neat! But I can't help but think Nintendo would patch it out at some point... I hope they don't because this is such a good, welcoming thing.

Tempted to grab Blaster Master.

iphys

So if I plan to use the Japanese eShop a lot, can I create a Japanese MyNintendo account for my Japanese ID too, and is that easy as well?

So what's the deal? You have to buy prepaid cards? You can't pay with your credit card?

I'm in Europe, how can I buy japanese games? by buying japanese prepaid cards?

This may be an odd question, but how many big 'region exclusive' games are there nowadays? Not counting games with different release dates.

EDIT: Getting access to the Japanese VC will be glorious though.

A little off-topic, but is there any way I can redeem eshop credit vouchers from a browser? I've sold my Wii U and will get a Switch as soon as it's available in my region, but for now I have no way of redeeming my vouchers.

iphys

So if I plan to use the Japanese eShop a lot, can I create a Japanese MyNintendo account for my Japanese ID too, and is that easy as well?

To answer my own question: after I made my Japanese account and went to MyNintendo it seemed the MyNintendo account was there automatically, so it's no hassle at all.

To answer my own question: after I made my Japanese account and went to MyNintendo it seemed the MyNintendo account was there automatically, so it's no hassle at all.
Do you know if you can use an America prepaid eshop card in the Japanese eshop?

Do I need to make a Japanese account on my computer with a Japanese street address and all like the PS3 back in the day? Or is it simple enough to do from the Switch itself?

Theswweet

Ok, my Visa works fine on my Japanese 3DS - so, uh, assuming that it DOESN'T work on my Switch, I can just add credit on my 3DS when I want to buy stuff, yeah?

On your computer but you don't need an address or anything.

Thanks. Might as well prep now.

At least on PS4 making a European account hasn't been worth it. So won't bother with anything but extra Japan account. On PS3 I had an Indian (I think) account for the Lair demo.

Lucifon

So do we need Japanese credit? I was hyped for puyo puyo for a minute but no English is a deal breaker for me, I'd rather just wait.

Disgaea 5 in full English though? That's pretty big. Doesn't seem to be any others worth grabbing for me.

Josh7289

I wonder what happens if you buy the same game from more than one eShop region. For example, if you buy Zelda on both the Japanese eShop with one account, and on the US eShop with another account, would it let you install the game twice? Or are Switch apps universal, in that there's only one version of the software released in every region, and it wouldn't make sense to let you install it twice because it's the exact same set of files from both eShops?

Very nice. My missus is Japanese so this is perfect.
Anyone know if the Euro download of Zelda has Japanese option so can just switch accounts for her, or we better just getting it from the Japanese store?

Top Bottom