• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 Thread: Joy-Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami_Sama

Well that was dissapointing.

I really hope that they do another presentation near the release date and show more stuff. I saw Disgaea, Bomberman and Street Fighter 2, that 4 Chan was real after all. I hope that now, other companies start talking about their projects .

dreamfall

For me, the thing I'm most hype about right now is No More Heroes 3. Not that I don't think that Zelda and Mario will be fun, but there's literally been no reason to suspect that there would ever be anything new with NMH, so that was an awesome surprise.

Amen to that! Suda bringing the goodness, wonder what Nagoshi has in store!

Zelda looked amazing. I legit got chills watching that. I wanted so bad for them to give me a reason to get one at launch, but $300 just for Zelda? I'll just wait for the Wii U version and for the lineup to be more relevant to me.

DigtialT

From the information provided to me from this conference, as someone who doesn't care about Zelda the Switch is offering nothing to me in terms of launch titles.

Huh. Wow. Uh....hm.

I'm going to buy a Switch. Not at launch, but later in the year, I am. I don't get the launch at all. Is it seriously launching with two games? Huh?

Just wanted to throw one last thing in, though: holy shit at that Zelda trailer.

Clov

While I liked a few of the games on display (Mario looked really impressive) I was really underwhelmed by this. No Smash Bros at the end really hurt it for me.

weekev

Banned
So from what I can make out launch games are :

12 Switch
Zelda
Snipperclips
Has been heroes
Just Dance
Bomber man R
I am Setsuna

Think I'll wait for Christmas.

Trojan

I was rooting for Nintendo but this wasn't a great showing. Other than Zelda, there's nothing compelling to bring in new or lapsed Nintendo fans.

Details coming out. What comes with paid online:

C2Buz3VUsAAtixI.jpg:orig

Cue the customary Nintendo comment after Switch launches where they aplogize for not having software ready and promise they have learned from their mistakes that happens every fucking time they launch a console.

Also those graphics were really bad, worse than Wii U from what I can tell.

I love people suggesting buying a Wii U to play Zelda as opposed to just buying a Switch. lol. The prices aren't that far enough apart.

That read to me more as "you can do this" and not "you have to do it this way".

Unless Nintendo is shit at communicating (not off the table) it doesn't read like that to me at all.
http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/
Under "Online Lobby and Voice Chat" only the "Smart device App" is mentioned.

I don't want to believe that Nintendo would be dumb enough to require a separate device for chat/voice but...it'd be a pretty Nintendo move.

Toxi

Banned
A lot of weak-ass bitching going on here. Once again astronomical hype has made everyone insanely jaded about new nintendo console, pretty pathetic.
I had basically no hype.

I still was pretty let down. Paid online is especially bad, because it means if I get a Switch I'll have to be paying for the online for two consoles.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Fuck. I really thought they were going to nail this. 299. Paid online. Dire launch lineup other than Zelda. Terrible presentation. Didn't go in to detail on their services or how they're improving online. No talk of virtual console. Third parties non existent. No talk of indies or a sizzle reel for them. Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

The games look great but the lack of any sort of (confirmed) launch line-up outside of two games is baffling.

Will be a kick-ass system to buy when Mario comes out, but not before then.

Also paid online sucks.

Apathy

Are there two launch games? TWO???

On the site there are games that are listed as "march 2017". It really feels like the 64 launch where it was mario and one other game but that was cause they fucked over 3rd parties, this one is just weird

MisterR

Maybe, not at launch, but this looks like the perfect secondary console, especially for my daughter and playing with her.

Besides, price and games not releasing at launch, I can't say anything bad about it...Looks great to me, not sure why so many negative posts.

Well price and having games to play are pretty big parts of wanting to get a console for some folks.

Trojan

Ouch - Kinda Funny was just announcing accessory prices:

-Pro Controller: $70
-Both Joycons: $80
-One Joycon: $50

That's brutal.

StereoVsn

Honestly for me it's Wii U part two.
There's nothing more to say. Mario Odyssey looks great.
Zelda looks great but it's a title that was promised on the previous console as well (on this matter are they still keeping their word about releasing it on Wii U as well?)
Also 299$, pay for online, 2.5h battery life with games pushing 3D graphics, no info on storage?
Basically their strategy is hoping that Zelda at launch, Splatoon 2 in summer and Mario during the holiday season will be enough to drive sales. That is only going to work for Nintendo fans.
I'll consider the system when it's at 199$ with way more games available, I really want to play Mario and Zelda.

I am about the same way. Got the Wii-U late when enough games came out. I'll get the Switch when Xenoblade, Mario, Disgaea 5, SMT 5, etc... come out. Price is iffy, battery life is iffy, accessory pricing is high, no joycon with true d-pad, paid online (it's not bad in itself but Nintendo does not inspire confidence in their services). Zelda I will get on my Wii-U as I doubt there is going to be a huge difference between those versions.

We shall see I guess.

Edit: Pro Controller is $70 in US. Joycons are $80 for a pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom