• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 Thread: Joy-Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

seantos

Neo Member
I feel like this has 3ds debacle written all over it with price drop happening within a few months. I feel like nintendo has learned nothing.

silva1991

Only 3 big exclusives(actually confirmed to be exclusives) that are worth mentioning for me:

1- Zelda:

Wow looks so good, but looking at the visuals, I don't need to buy a Switch for it. Will buy it for my wiiU

2- Splatoon 2:

I loved the first one so much, but a combination of paid online and the fact that it looks way too similar makes me almost uninterested tbh

3- Super Mario Switch:

Looks really really good, but I don't think I'll buy a new expensive console for one game and I'm not really dying for more mario games.

I won't buy it this year and I hope they announce more games for it at E3.

Also I really love the first Xenoblade game, but after X, it's hard to be hype for another one.

Quixz

Already with that brutal response:

Y8lRxhf.jpg

This guy is too much :D

The biggest news on the site is the online paid subscription will include free monthly games ala PS+ from NES and SNES with ADDED ONLINE PLAY. FUCKING SUBSCRIBED!

Maybe, not at launch, but this looks like the perfect secondary console, especially for my daughter and playing with her.

Besides, price and games not releasing at launch, I can't say anything bad about it...Looks great to me, not sure why so many negative posts.

LordCanti

$370 for the console and good controller so I can play Zelda and then let it get dusty for the entire year until Mario. That is a hard sell man.

Orbis

Sorry but what are the launch titles? What does the OS look like and what features does it have? What does the online functionality offer? What about Virtual Console? Amazon pre orders open in less than 2 hours and I feel like I know absolutely nothing.

MechaX

This is pretty much a Wii U scenario all over again for me.

I was like "well, I don't see anything worthwhile at launch, but I'll get it for Bayonetta/MegaTen/Xenoblade for sure, whenever those hit."

Now, I'm like "well, I don't even fully understand what is even at launch for this thing period, but I'll get it for No More Heroes/MegaTen/Xenoblade 2 for sure, whenever those hit."

Which I... guess is a success for Nintendo because they'll have a sale from me... one day I guess?

Rezbit

Well that was an "interesting" presentation.

Was probably looking for Mario and Zelda at launch as well as a sub $350 Aussie dollarydoos price.

It's a wait and see for me, particularly with Zelda on Wii U.

Speely

Banned
Zelda GOTG and Mario looks fucking tits. Arms looks like a sleeper hit. Awkward presentation aside, I am hype.

(BTW, did Sega just not have its shit together?)

daffy

Banned
That was embarrassing. The only launch game is also a Wii U game. 1 2 is not a fucking game its an icebreaker for work orientations.

No way am i there during launch for $300.

*refreshes preorder page*

Kathian

Banned
This was not a handheld. I mean there was what two games that are going to work portably and that was Zelda and Mario.

Neither of these looked particularly portable orientated. I was expecting a 50-50 split. Who the fuck is this aimed at? Where did they show why I would pick it up and go.

The joycons are really cool but I need to see the portable games too. I suspect the 3DS will stick around a while longer.

Mentok

Banned
Man...I went in with my expectations in check and full of excitement.

P4zkR-.gif

$300 USD puts this around $350 CDN without a game, then there's charging for online? I think I'll be waiting.

HvySky

Went from day one hype to wait and see almost immediately. Incredibly disappointing presentation. I guess I'll just play Breath of the Wild on Wii U and wait to get a Switch. Nothing else they showed (did they show?) interests me at launch.

Stencil

The most annoying thing about the presentation for me was lack of launch line-up info, by far. Heck, not even 1,2 Switch and ARMS look confirmed to be launch games, didn't even see a date. Zelda: BotW seems to be the only concrete launch release and MK8 Deluxe is an April release so far which is a shame as the games getting released further down the line look promising.

-Shin Megami Tensei
-Super Mario Oddysey
-Xenoblade 2
-Splatoon 2
-Dragon Quest 10/11
-Fire Emblem Warriors

We need a press release with all developers involved in the launch line-up and what they're making, there's only 1 and a half months left for crying out loud!

1,2 Switch was launch he said. Unless I'm mistaken?

Ristifer

Holy shit. That Zelda trailer was top notch.

Unfortunately, that was it. I'm still interested in what they're developing for the system, but nothing here really blew my skirt up.

- Where's Retro? Do they actually exist anymore, or am I just entirely out of the loop?
- Mario looked pretty good, but I kind of expected that.
- That price is going to blow for us up here in Canada.
- Battery life? More like battery death... okay, that was bad. But the point still stands.

Bleh. I'll be waiting a while on this one. I want to know what's actually being worked on for this system beyond ports and games we already knew about. Mario was a bit of a nice surprise, only because we weren't entirely sure what kind of Mario game it was going to be. Now that we know, it's nice, but it just doesn't feel like enough.

I'm not going to panic yet or anything, but this was a let down.

jayu26

A lot of weak-ass bitching going on here. Once again astronomical hype has made everyone insanely jaded about new nintendo console, pretty pathetic.

I had zero hype and I was still let down. Will wait for massive price drop.

$300 USD puts this around $350 CDN without a game, then there's charging for online? I think I'll be waiting.

I have bad news for you buddy.

$399.

Talamius

I think Nintendo should probably start manufacturing more NES Classics ASAP. May want to work on a SNES classic too.

Zelda was the only game that looked amazing and we will be able to play it on Wii U.

Launching with instant shovelware like 1 2 Switch, a $300 price point, and a promise of a paid online service. I'll pass on this one. I'm usually supportive of Nintendo's endeavors but it's not in the budget for me to purchase a console of empty promises from third parties that will inevitably abandon ship for the more lucrative One and PS4 install base.

7sHuYkh.gif

Vlaphor

For me, the thing I'm most hype about right now is No More Heroes 3. Not that I don't think that Zelda and Mario will be fun, but there's literally been no reason to suspect that there would ever be anything new with NMH, so that was an awesome surprise.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Besides Mario (OMG) and ZELDA (OMFG HYPE TRAILER) it was MEDIOCRE.

They need a fucking great E3 to make this worthwhile imo.

I mean, it honestly felt like the "third party" folks were forced up on stage at gunpoint to say something. It came across terribly unprepared. EA probably made Nintendo pay for FIFA and games seem to be pretty far off still?

A lot of weak-ass bitching going on here. Once again astronomical hype has made everyone insanely jaded about new nintendo console, pretty pathetic.
My "well, none of the good stuff will come out for months, but at least this cool port will be here at launch" game comes out months after launch.

The only good game at launch is also on a console I already own.

The thing is $370 to play properly and has paid online.

Ummmm

I was a little underwhelmed. I did like the way Super Mario Oddessy looked and might buy it for that. Zelda looked epic.

I think I am going to hold out for a year and see what happens. Not to optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom