• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 Thread: Joy-Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asd202

Fuck. I really thought they were going to nail this. 299. Paid online. Dire launch lineup other than Zelda. Terrible presentation. Didn't go in to detail on their services or how they're improving online. No talk of virtual console. Third parties non existent. No talk of indies or a sizzle reel for them. Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

This exacly what I tought it would be. Though I didn't expect to lanuch with 2 games.

Details coming out. What comes with paid online:

C2Buz3VUsAAtixI.jpg:orig

Shit, I hope you don't have to have the app on to chat to people instead of having on-board voice chat in-game, because that shit wouldn't justify paid online for me haha!

Astral Dog

I'm just hoping this is like a lot of presentations where the best games get announced after it launches. But damn I at least thought I'd see some games from Namco, Capcom, From Software and Sega but we saw nothing. Sega came out and didn't show a game, like wtf?
We should give it until E3. THEN we start panic 😱

dafodeu

Nintendo Voice Chat are going crazy for the Switch they say it's going to be super successful and hard to find. They love it.

I love it too, just wish there was more at launch.

Lylo

Man, a Direct would've been better...

Nintendo clearly is rushing the Switch to the market, too bad the Wii U couldn't hold it for another year.

299 price isn't ideal, i bet all those sensors in the Joy-Con aren't helping, you know, things that nobody asked for...

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Wish Nintendo would have leveraged "hey we have modern hardware now with support for modern game engines so indies can easily port stuff over!"

Then boom indie/downloadable sizzle real or something.

Would have helped create a good contrast from the games they did show.

Also no word on Virtual Console.

Idk Jim Sterling seems to be right on in that it wasn't disappointing, but it didn't leave me hype either?

//ARCANUM

so is there ANY info on U.S. pre-orders? Is gamestop definitely doing pre-orders in the A.M.? They said Jan 21 for Japan in the presentation...

KyleCross

Two launch titles... two. That's like the worst launch lineup in history, it doesn't matter that one of them is Zelda (which is technically a Wii-U game on top of it all).

What are you doing, Nintendo?!

cHinzo

Might as well wait at least 2 years before even considering buying on of these. Highly priced and games which could take some more years until they are getting finished, since there was a lack of gameplay trailers. Disappointing all around. Xenoblade 2, prolly a new No More Heroes, the Square Enix RPG and Zelda were the only interesting games for me and 3 of em aren't even close to done. 😔

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
A literal hot garbage for a conference, the moment I saw the ea guy go up on stage I thought it was for mass effect andromeda. Literally the only thing going for it is zelda at launch. Nothing else

xandaca

Went in curious, but not committed, came out certain I won't be getting one for the foreseeable. The big launch game is one I can get on Wii U, I already own Mario Kart and don't have to pay for multiplayer, same for Splat2n (which looks basically the same as the original, which I've played to death), Mario's not until Christmas and hasn't yet shown anything especially exciting, not mad about Xenoblade's visuals and it's likely miles off anyway - not to mention I haven't even started XCX yet. No More Heroes is great, but still just concept art. I have FIFA on the Wii U, Skyrim and the other RPGs aren't of much interest. The price of additional controllers is insanity and there's no pack-in. I have a strong dislike for paid online. Hell, I've almost talked myself out of ever getting one.

ironcreed

Banned
Really? tell me about your experience playing the switch and it's launch library, i'm interested in a first-hand account.

I am talking about what was just presented, which is pretty underwhelming for reasons I have already stated. If you are amazed, then I am happy for you. But I'm not. Sorry.

I give the presentation an 8/10, a lot of stuff announced but not enough at launch so far. They can't just ride on Zelda, however their year line up looks solid

solomon

Waiting for summer to purchase, and honestly based on the launch games I don't see this selling out, I feel like the switch will be like the 3ds aka a slow burn to printing money.

Kumo

That presentation was sooo bad man. No Mario at launch is a big letdown for me. Getting too many Wii U vibes after watching that.

Zelda looked great, but it doesn't get me excited about the hardware itself.

robotrock

Banned
Why were there games that were like barely in development?

shit like no more heroes and shin megami tensei v and fire emblem warriors and xenoblade 2...smh

Ashler

So.. price on switch accessories:

1 Single joy-con: $50
Dual joy-con set (L+R): $80
Extra switch docking station: $90

haha....hahaha....HAHAHAHA.. :(

Pretty fucking awful. I mean, geez. $299 plus paid online for 2.5 hours of battery life, a bunch of sub-Kinect gimmick games, and the worst 3rd-party showing I've ever seen? Not even an attempt to sell the online subscription as value-added, and they think they'll deserve a subscription fee in half a year when they can't even get something as basic as their share button video recording working for launch? I mean, Odyssey looks like a transcendent divine masterpiece, sure. But the rest of the lineup... "fine" at best. Really dire stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom