• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch running Breath of The Wild on Jimmy Fallon

Sorry! And i was actually shocked about the quickness too. I remember they never showed the Wii U actually running before release and I was blind sided by the load times and how clunky it was. This already looks promising.

Oh dude, I'm with you 100%. And yeah, the fucking Wii U. Holy shit, was so disappointed when I got that home tbh. That firmware update took forever, the menus were slow and clunky as hell, the screen battery life was terrible. It was a cool system but it was an odd one too, you know?

This? This shit looks like the future. It looks less like a toy and more like a piece of serious tech.

Please Nintendo just let me pre-order the Switch... The console I've been dreaming of my entire life. Dreading that it's going to be worse than the Wii and all of the Amiibo's combined.

LordOfChaos

Five to eight hour battery life sounds beyond what I was expecting on the top end! Might be for lighter games for 8, but five is still ok with me.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
The NBC broadcast might be 60fps but I'm not sure about the game itself.
If the nbc broadcast is 60 shouldn't be easier to tell if it's not running near 60 since the framerate of the video itself wouldn't be affecting it as much.

Reckheim

Great demo for the casual audience. Perfect way to present the switch.

Might be my first nintendo console in a while (depending on 3rd parties)

Getting past Fallon was a challenge, but I'm still not sure how good of a showing that was. For all of their enthusiasm, Zelda seemed dull. Even the Switch as a product didn't really give off an impression of something new and exciting. Mario Run showed much better.

I almost couldn't watch the video because of Fallon. He's really terrible.

He is so terrible that it was distracting.

killroy87

That was a super cool segment. Really fun. And lol at the people who just need to drive home that Jimmy was hamming it up. Even if he was a bit, the dude is a well documented video game fan, so it's not exacy a stretch to believe that he's genuinely stoked to be playing the new unreleased Nintendo console with the father of Nintendo sitting and watching in the crowd.

I'm a pretty cynical guy, but I can buy that kind of excitement.

AmyS

720p, 60 fps capture of the part.

https://mega.nz/#!Fc0hAKaC!aX8XR98HuFaRfSO2hLsUeTLP6Q1Ly2FfO-nIlBqFwjM

Edit : Emphasis on the "capture" part. Meaning this video is 60fps. Don't know the games actual fps.

What??? 60fps?

Woah woah woah what's this about 60FPS?

Don't tell me Zelda runs at 60FPS on Switch.

Woah woah woah what's this about 60FPS?

Don't tell me Zelda runs at 60FPS on Switch.

If this turns out to be the case, I will buy two complete Switch SKUs at launch, and I will also buy a copy of Zelda for Wii U, just to compare (I will do that regardless).

I'm not actually *expecting* the Switch version of Zelda Breath of the Wild to run at 60fps, but it would certainly be wonderful.

Still expecting locked 30fps / native 1080p and higher resolution textures when playing docked on TV.

So we'll see.

That was a super cool segment. Really fun. And lol at the people who just need to drive home that Jimmy was jamming it up. Even if he was a bit, the dude is a well documented video game fan, so it's not exacy a stretch to believe that he's genuinely stoked to be playing the new unreleased Nintendo console with the father of Nintendo sitting and watching in the crowd.

I'm a pretty cynical guy, but I can buy that kind of excitement.

Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of Fallon but he's genuine when it comes to Nintendo, I feel. I got that he's a big fan. And it's pretty cool that they brought the Switch. It makes perfect sense for them to bring it. But for some reason I didn't even consider that they would lol

Cptkrush

I'm not digging through 11 pages, but did anyone notice the 2 holes on the back of each of the joycons next to the shoulder buttons? They look like wrist strap holes, I dunno how secure they would be for the console but they sure would be nice if the system had motion controls when you flip them around.

Berna

Watching the boulder scene in VLC with the 60 FPS capture and it seems to be 30... there are differences between game frames because of some weird artifacts in the video, but Link/enemies only really move every two frames.

(To use frame-by-frame in VLC, press E)

sinxtanx

Don't screw with me, guys, I'm at work so I can't download that video.

Don't lie to me.

I chose the most intensive second of the footage (the explosion) and went frame by frame until the second flipped. There were 60 non-repeated frames of BotW there. The same was true for other places in the footage.

pfr

I'm not seeing the 60fps in that as I'm framestepping in VLC. Easiest to see around the 2 minute mark during the explosion: Jimmy moves every frame, while the game is just blending two frames together, so really moving just every other frame.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Watching the boulder scene in VLC with the 60 FPS capture and it seems to be 30... there are differences between game frames because of some weird artifacts in the video, but Link/enemies only really move every two frames.

(To use frame-by-frame in VLC, press E)

I chose the most intensive second of the footage (the explosion) and went frame by frame until the second flipped. There were 60 non-repeated frames of BotW there. The same was true for other places in the footage.
WHO IS RIGHT

sinxtanx

I'm not seeing the 60fps in that as I'm framestepping in VLC. Easiest to see around the 2 minute mark during the explosion: Jimmy moves every frame, while the game is just blending two frames together, so really moving just every other frame.

aww fuck it is

looking at the shadows that's totally the case

Peltz

damn...that IS 60 fps

I counted 60 frames during a second

60 fucking fps Zelda
Wait... how could someone calculate this based on a 30fps feed?

If true, a 60fps open world Zelda game of this scope on a handheld... well... that's just ridiculous. This is the coolest looking hardware that Nintendo has made since the GCN

Top Bottom