• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo teams with Universal for Theme Park attractions

HUELEN10

Wait... Theme parks mean official costumed and mascot characters!

I can take my picture with the REAL Rosalina.

:O

Thank god I live in Florida.

Estellise

Ooooooooooh my goooooood. This is so awesome. I get to see Peach & Zelda on theme park rides? I'm getting excited just thinking about it. This gives me a reason to either go to florida...or japan. But I'd prefer the latter.

Toad.T

Banned
Man, I hope they go deep with mascot walk-arounds. Like, I want to take my photo with Marth after getting autographs from Captain Falcon and Mr. G&W.

It isn't unprecedented. They still had Fieval of all characters when I went.

RagnarokX

A preview of the Zelda Rickety Coaster ride: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHGpyFkRqJc

QuarrelsomeLonelyHoneycreeper.gif

Rebranded Revenge of the Mummy

HUELEN10

Truth be told, my father (who still lives in Orlando), inherited a small bus not unlike this one. It can seat like 20 something people.

4JpuUxw.jpg

I'm sure I could borrow it. Any Florida GAFers interested in partaking in Huelen's wild Nintendoland ride when the time comes?

In all seriousness though, the ride/mercy potential is incredible. Perhaps we will get new rides, perhaps they will Ruskin the Marvel ones, but whatever the case, Nintendo did good in picking Universal over Six Flags.

Azalean

Banned
It'd be sick if they built a replica of Peach's castle from Mario 64 and you could go inside and explore and they would have facts and information of Mario games on the wall.

Frodo

I'm excite.

Wii U wasn't such a failure if it manage to make Nintendo get up out of their asses and do the things they have been doing lately, after all... ;)

im losing my fucking mind and postponing my 2016 Disney trip
You'd have to postpone it by a lot if you want to make it until NintendoLand's ready. I don't expect this to be done before 2018.

Hell, Avatar Land broke ground on Animal Kingdom in 2013 I think and won't be ready until 2017. This? This was just announced without any concrete ideas! For all we know they don't even know where to build this yet!

It'll be a long tortuous wait.

Salsa

im lying in bed and was about to sleep and now my mind is racing with possibilities and the idea of being on an actual animal crossing town

I find it kind of sad that this will be right makes me go travel further than Maryland in these United States. Then again that was for for Otakon. If it isn't a convention I only travel between Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts.

Also I'm afraid of how Mario focused this will be. Donkey Kong and Zelda will definitely be there. Hopefully F-Zero. I hope there are attractions that pay homage to a large amount of Nintendo history.

This is a huge win for Universal.

Its gonna be years before we see anything from this though.
You guys think Disney Theme Parks was interested as well at all like with Harry Potter where they were outbid by Universal? Or was it a deal only Universal seeked and Disney didn't even want?

I'd love to know this. I always thought if this were ever to happen it would be with Disney.

Salsa

You guys think Disney Theme Parks was interested as well at all like with Harry Potter where they were outbid by Universal? Or was it a deal only Universal seeked and Disney didn't even want?

I'd love to know this. I always thought if this were ever to happen it would be with Disney.

for whatever is worth Nintendo has worked with Universal before. I think more than once

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I think this may be part of a larger deal with Universal.

It wouldn't surprise me if this would be tied with movies too.

Me too. I'm shocked but not shocked at the same time. Universal is doing amazing things and doing them quickly, instead of taking forever to build anything like WDW.

I'm excite.

Wii U wasn't such a failure if it manage to make Nintendo get up out of their asses and do the things they have been doing lately, after all... ;)
THIS! So much this!

I've read before about Iwata addressing investor questions regarding theme park business and he was always "yeah I get that a lot. It's not in the cards right now".

Finally they had to hit rock bottom for them to go through something as bold and amazing as this. I'm so fucking happy!

for whatever is worth Nintendo has worked with Universal before. I think more than once
You mean that scene of The Wizard being shot at Universal Hollywood? I'd hardly call that a real collaboration. Other than that the only other Nintendo-Universal interaction I can think of was that DK lawsuit Universal lost to Nintendo over King Kong being "ripped off", lol.

I assume this is a result of the Marvel stuff at Universal expiring soon afaik this would be a very suitable replacement for that stuff.

Salsa

You mean that scene of The Wizard being shot at Universal Hollywood? I'd hardly call that a real collaboration. Other than that the only other Nintendo-Universal interaction I can think of was that DK lawsuit Universal lost to Nintendo over King Kong being "ripped off", lol.

might be thinking of something else but I really think there was something else from way back

THIS! So much this!

I've read before about Iwata addressing investor questions regarding theme park business and he was always "yeah I get that a lot. It's not in the cards right now".

Finally they had to hit rock bottom for them to go through something as bold and amazing as this. I'm so fucking happy!
100% of the time Iwata be already planning these things. He just aint telling yall as soon as they think of making plans.

Top Bottom