• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo UK webstore : 3DS/Wii U retail games for ~8£ (DL Code)

Bought Pikmin 3 and Animal Crossing. Hopefully they work on my Australian systems otherwise I don't think it'll be too hard to make my money back.

It's probably a bad sign that they seem to have to process all these orders manually. If they didn't realise already, the increase in the volume of orders is going to tip them off that something isn't quite right.

PetrCobra

So I ordered Pikmin, W101 and Animal Crossing. I have fake UK accounts on my consoles because Nintendo doesn't care my country exists so I should be okay, right?

genbatzu

Well, you will get a download code that you can redeem after you buy a Wii U. I don't think they have expire dates.

nice, thanks!

//i'm a total noob when it comes to Nintendo digital content xD

I only know that it is somehow hardware bound, at least it seems this way on my N3DS

Thanks for the heads-up on this!
I've gone for Pikmin 3, hopefully this gets honoured (and we can get our nintendo premium points for the full price download too if we're lucky!)

Thanks for the heads-up on this!
I've gone for Pikmin 3, hopefully this gets honoured (and we can get our nintendo premium points for the full price download too if we're lucky!)

Yep I second that - thanks! Let's hope it doesn't get cancelled and we can get some cheap Nintendo thrills!

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in Australia and my best guess is anyone with a PAL Wii U can buy the codes but will have to set up a new UK NNID to use them (unless you've already got one of course).

However the latest 3DS update locked the store to whichever region you're NNID is from and because you can't log in with a different NNID on the 3DS you can't just make a new one from a new region.

I don't think the codes will work in any region but the UK store but if anyone checks I'd love to know. Hopefully my codes for Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 come though and they haven't changed anything on the Wii U to stop me making a UK account

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
In the meanwhile, bought the first Mass Effect on PS3 through SEN

Less than 5 Euros, how could I say no?

Ordered:

- DKCR (3DS)
- Dream Team (3DS)
- W101 (Wii U)
- Pikmin 3 (Wii U)

I have all but DKCR already as physical, but if this actually works I'll be selling them and making some money back. Way to force me on to digital, Nintendo!

MBR

Banned
I just got Animal Crossing. Was gonna buy DK and TW101, but the Wii ver. of DK is 60fps, and TW101 demo didn't feel like my kind of thing.

Still no code though :/

Top Bottom