• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh | Last Chance Trail Reveal Trailer | PS4

Formosa

Pretty long. You could spend like 2 hours per main mission depending on how skilled you are in these types of games.

So this last chance demo is combined with the old alpha/beta plus new content?

Edit. I played the Alpha but gave up after 30mins. It was too hard, I hope they made it earsier in this new demo.

Yeah I just checked my ps4 and can't find them anywhere stored on there... Getting scared now lol
I actually see strong if I click on the new demo file as an add on. Don't see conqueror ... Maybe it was affected by our choice to continue at the start of the last demo.Didn't they say they were looking into this

GOOCHY

I tried the alpha and kind of hated it.

But now after watching newer videos of it, the game looks so good! I can't wait to check it out this weekend!

Yeah, I was in the same boat. I love Dark Souls but the Nioh Alpha Test did absolutely nothing at all for me. I deleted it quickly. These latest videos make it look a bit more polished so I'll try it out this weekend and come to a conclusion on it.

I actually see strong if I click on the new demo file as an add on. Don't see conqueror ... Maybe it was affected by our choice to continue at the start of the last demo.Didn't they say they were looking into this

I just checked my purchase history on the PSN site and it has an entry for NIOH that has both marks under it. I guess they aren't stored on the ps4 because it's not actual dlc but a key.

Downloaded.

Let's fucking go, yo. I assume this trial will have the final changes as far as stance properties and such, so it'll be a good preview.

Is this game multiplayer? Or is it darksouls style multiplayer where you have to summon your friends in?
They had two styles of mp in the beta. One where you summoned just like souls and one with a really cool revive mechanic and both players could fully interact the world but no shrine use.

So this last chance demo is combined with the old alpha/beta plus new content?

Edit. I played the Alpha but gave up after 30mins. It was too hard, I hope they made it earsier in this new demo.

No I think it's a completely new level that gives the 3rd helmet, plus a twilight version of the new level that gives the previous 2 marks. Would be insane to make a very long demo for just a weekend while the alpha/beta were over a longer period.

Endo Punk

Mah gawd. 2064 finally released, demo for WD2 and TROTR, Nioh trial, Yakuza 0 next week. There are too many games, the year just started and I'm being overloaded with games!

Formosa

No I think it's a completely new level that gives the 3rd helmet, plus a twilight version of the new level that gives the previous 2 marks. Would be insane to make a very long demo for just a weekend while the alpha/beta were over a longer period.

What do you mean by a twilight version?

Hastati

Does this demo have co-op? I'm....pretty sure I'm going to be using co-op as much as possible, considering how painful the previous beta was.

Otherwise it's cool that we can unlock stuff from the previous demos, really want to give it another shot now.

Does this demo have co-op? I'm....pretty sure I'm going to be using co-op as much as possible, considering how painful the previous beta was.

Otherwise it's cool that we can unlock stuff from the previous demos, really want to give it another shot now.
Last two did. It's super fun. I spent a ton of hours in the alpha and beta helping randoms beat the bosses and get the gifts.

IvorB

Well, this is great for those who haven't tried it but I want to play for keeps now. No more demos... or maybe just a quick taste...

KodaRuss

Anyone else feel like the normal enemies in this game just have too much health. It seemed like it took forever to take them out in the alpha when I played it (didnt play the beta).

I am going to give this demo/trial another shot tonight but after watching that video of the second encounter. I am worried this game is just going to bore me to death killing regular mobs over and over.

duxstar

What kind of game is this. If it's platinum games/Ninja Gaiden like then I'm out. Tried them numerous times and found them boring/not my cup of tea.

On the other hand I've platinumed every souls game, so I'm interested to know which it leans towards.

What kind of game is this. If it's platinum games/Ninja Gaiden like then I'm out. Tried them numerous times and found them boring/not my cup of tea.

On the other hand I've platinumed every souls game, so I'm interested to know which it leans towards.

Its a Souls-Like with a more aggressive battle system than even BB had. Its sort of a halfway point between the brutal difficulty and fighting every inch for progress within a level of a soul game, and the stylish action of a Team Ninja game.

Dammit, I'm going to be out of town for a majority of this weekend, so I'll only get to play this for a few hours on Sunday. Makes me real sad.

It's very close to Souls, though there are some Onimusha & Ninja Gaiden elements mixed in.

I wish there was in option in the final game to choose between your lock-on types. I actually prefer the way it was in the Alpha where I could focus my camera on a worrisome enemy while freely swinging in any direction I chose vs. the attack lock-on of the Beta.

Trace

Banned
Man, this game just looks so ugly to me.

I love Souls games, but the texture work and art direction is hideous.

After playing a decent amount of the alpha/beta I don't agree. The IQ in the Alpha was dogshit, Beta was an improvement but final on the Pro should look great.

:\
The art direction is one of the main reasons I'm so excited for this game. Japanese Mythology touches me in special places. Especially when games do some deep dives and bring back some creatures not often seen.

More towards Bloodborne but has elements from these other games you mentioned.

Drewfonse

So I can replay a mission on normal several times, leveling up in the process, and then bring the pain to my foes in Twilight mode with my beefed up character?

Kudo

s0cH3Zj.gif

I love the art direction in Nioh.

Top Bottom