• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 11 in Tokyo Dome [OT] The Omega Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, all signed up and paid on NJPWWorld. If I wanted to get caught up as much as possible for WK11, is there something(s) I can watch on the site to get me there?

Is that what the two Road to Tokyo Dome shows are for?

OK, all signed up and paid on NJPWWorld. If I wanted to get caught up as much as possible for WK11, is there something(s) I can watch on the site to get me there?

Is that what the two Road to Tokyo Dome shows are for?

First up, you probably shouldn't have signed up until Sunday, as they charge you when you sign up (no matter the day) and at the first of the month, without fail. Oh well, too late now.

Next, I would recommend starting with Dominion, and then moving to the G1, as there's a great list of matches that you need to watch, too many to count, but at least catch Okada vs. Marufuji, Okada vs. Ishii, Okada vs. Tanahashi, Elgin vs. Nakajima, and Omega vs. Naito (all **** at least, Ishii/Okada and Omega/Naito both got *****) and the finals. Then King of Pro-Wrestling, Destruction in Kobe (you can skip the other two) and Invasion Attack PPVs and the World Tag League finals. Then there's minor shows like Wrestling World in Singapore (but you only need to watch the main event of that) and yes, the Road to Shows, at least catch the main events of each.

That's cause he IS

The truth hurts. I was probably the biggest mark for Goto on NeoGAF but MAN has he fallen off in my eyes. He's done next to nothing since joining CHAOS except for blowing two big matches with Omega, and is continuing his legacy of being a failure when it counts.

Foffy

Banned
Hoping for a clean sweep for LIJ, though I don't see it being all that likely. Those last four matches though, this show has got me so hype. Shame I can't watch it live though, gonna be rushing home from work that day.

I imagine we'll get 'Big Match Kenny' like we did at the G1 Climax finals.

omega%20naito.gif

So stuff like this?

Man, a MOTY in January? <3

First up, you probably shouldn't have signed up until Sunday, as they charge you when you sign up (no matter the day) and at the first of the month, without fail. Oh well, too late now.

Next, I would recommend starting with Dominion, and then moving to the G1, as there's a great list of matches that you need to watch, too many to count. King of Pro-Wrestling, Destruction in Kobe (you can skip the other two) and Invasion Attack PPVs and the World Tag League finals. Then there's minor shows like Wrestling World in Singapore (but you only need to watch the main event of that) and yes, the Road to Shows, at least catch the main events of each.

The truth hurts. I was probably the biggest mark for Goto on NeoGAF but MAN has he fallen off in my eyes. He's done next to nothing since joining CHAOS except for blowing two big matches with Omega, and is continuing his legacy of being a failure when it counts.

Just to add to this, if you wanna see big game Kenny this year I recommend the following:

Elgin/Kenny
Kenny/Naito G1
Kenny/Goto G1

All three of these matches were fantastic.

Next, I would recommend starting with Dominion, and then moving to the G1, as there's a great list of matches that you need to watch, too many to count, but at least catch Okada vs. Marufuji, Okada vs. Ishii, Okada vs. Tanahashi, Elgin vs. Nakajima, and Omega vs. Naito (all **** at least, Ishii/Okada and Omega/Naito both got *****) and the finals. Then King of Pro-Wrestling, Destruction in Kobe (you can skip the other two) and Invasion Attack PPVs and the World Tag League finals. Then there's minor shows like Wrestling World in Singapore (but you only need to watch the main event of that) and yes, the Road to Shows, at least catch the main events of each.

Just to add to this, if you wanna see big game Kenny this year I recommend the following:

Elgin/Kenny
Kenny/Naito G1
Kenny/Goto G1

All three of these matches were fantastic.

Thanks!

Is Juice Robinson actually over in NJPW? I totally understand all the people who have been unhappy about Cody getting a singles match, but I was more surprised that Juice got one. Granted, I don't follow NJPW very closely.. I was just surprised to see him get a match, and even more surprised that people seem to be more upset about Cody than they are him.

Looks like a solid card

Is Juice Robinson actually over in NJPW? I totally understand all the people who have been unhappy about Cody getting a singles match, but I was more surprised that Juice got one. Granted, I don't follow NJPW very closely.. I was just surprised to see him get a match, and even more surprised that people seem to be more upset about Cody than they are him.

Looks like a solid card

He's actually surprisingly over, he gets the fans into his matches quite well and he's gotten the rub from guys like Tanahashi and Elgin with whom he frequently teams. I agree that him getting such a high-profile spot is a surprise given that guys like Elgin were left off the card, but NJPW really wants Cody to have the best showing possible, and what better opponent than someone who certainly knows the WWE style?

Looks like a solid card

Juice got over with the hardcore fans by keeping his spirits up while doing jobs for a year straight. Teaming with Tanahashi during the tag league tournament helped a lot too. The casuals who come out for the Dome show will likely not be too into his match with Cody though.

Foggy

Looks like a solid card

Ladies love Juice

Advanced ticket sales are already beyond what WK10 did (28k) and there has been talk of a potential sellout, which is insane. Rumor is that a lot of the crowd (I'm talking maybe a third at least) are gaijin flying in for the show, which means it really was a smart booking decision to put Kenny in the main event.

Heroman

Banned
Advanced ticket sales are already beyond what WK10 did (28k) and there has been talk of a potential sellout, which is insane. Rumor is that a lot of the crowd (I'm talking maybe a third at least) are gaijin flying in for the show, which means it really was a smart booking decision to put Kenny in the main event.
If true than Kenny Omega has to win

Great OT! Proper looking forward to WK11, going to be real interesting to see if Tanahashi & Naito can steal the show. KUSHIDA vs Hiromu promises to be excellent as well. Don't forget, there's also the NJPW fan fest on 01/03, featuring the debut of highly touted young lion Tomoyuki Oka. Plus, New Year Dash is on 01/05 from Korakuen and is always a great show - both will be streamed live on NJPW World.

Incidentally, here's a couple of hype videos I made for Okada/Omega & Goto/Shibata;

Okada vs Omega - https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/805930599760490496

Goto vs Shibata - https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/815616622455062528

Great OT! Proper looking forward to WK11, going to be real interesting to see if Tanahashi & Naito can steal the show. KUSHIDA vs Hiromu promises to be excellent as well. Don't forget, there's also the NJPW fan fest on 01/03, featuring the debut of highly touted young lion Tomoyuki Oka. Plus, New Year Dash is on 01/05 from Korakuen and is always a great show - both will be streamed live on NJPW World.

Incidentally, here's a couple of hype videos I made for Okada/Omega & Goto/Shibata;

That Okada/Omega vid got hype levels through the fucking ROOF.

I might not watch this live, but I will watch it.

Nice work.

Thanks Boots! It always means a lot coming from a wrestling guru like yourself. Awesome videos too.

Now Oka, he's the guy that's super huge but really into moe anime, right?

Also for those wondering, here's the full card for the Festival at Differ Ariake...

Tomoyuki Oka Debut Match: Tomoyuki Oka vs. Yuji Nagata
Singles Match: Henare vs. Manabu Nakanishi
Tag Team Match: Jushin Thunder Liger and Tiger Mask vs. Ryusuke Taguchi and Hirai Kawato

Also the event typically features promos between opponents for the Wrestle Kingdom matches, which are usually pretty fun. I believe it's free to get in also, and there's autograph signings and other fun stuff. All three matches are interesting since the young lions are essentially facing who is training them, so it should be pretty fun.

Obviously Nagata, Nakanishi, and Liger/Tiger win, but still should be fun.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Juice got over with the hardcore fans by keeping his spirits up while doing jobs for a year straight. Teaming with Tanahashi during the tag league tournament helped a lot too. The casuals who come out for the Dome show will likely not be too into his match with Cody though.

I have no doubt that both Cody vs. Juice and the ROH title match will be good matches, but I doubt they'll get much of a reaction from the crowd. Maybe if it was Korakuen show.

Here are my picks

Tiger Mask W
Young Bucks
LIJ
Cody
O'Reilly
GBH
Kushida
Goto
Tanahashi
Okada

As much as I would love to see an LIJ sweep, I can't really see it happening.

Tall4Life

Since it's at such an awful time for me (3 AM), I'll probably just wake up for the Shibata match and watch from there. Nothing else on that card is really interesting to me, and I'll catch the Tiger Mask match on replay.

How much does a cheap ticket to the event cost? I wouldn't mind attempting to fly out there one day in life.

How much does a cheap ticket to the event cost? I wouldn't mind attempting to fly out there one day in life.

I believe the cheapest seats are 35k yen which right now is about $30. That's for like standing room/bleachers so you'll definitely need to bring binoculars. The Tokyo Dome is primarily a baseball stadium and I believe they set the ring just into the outfield, so people in the bleacher seats ain't seeing shit.

I have no doubt that both Cody vs. Juice and the ROH title match will be good matches, but I doubt they'll get much of a reaction from the crowd. Maybe if it was Korakuen show.

Here are my picks

Tiger Mask W
Young Bucks
LIJ
Cody
O'Reilly
GBH
Kushida
Goto
Tanahashi
Okada

As much as I would love to see an LIJ sweep, I can't really see it happening.

If I was Gedo, I probably would have done a CHAOS vs. Bullet Club eight-man tag with Yano, Ishii, Ospreay, and YOSHI-HASHI vs. Fale, Yujiro, Page, and Cody, and then do a straight six-man for the NEVER titles with Kojima & Sons vs. LIJ, then keep the tag title match 2 v. 2 and stick Juice and Jado in the Rumble. Yeah, it sucks because Ishii is stuck in a worthless 8-man dedicated to putting Cody over, but his current position isn't a huge step up. I do agree with you on the no LIJ sweep but I do think Naito retains.

As I said earlier, the best thing about WK11 is that I really can't pick a winner in most of the matches. I predicted WK10 100% last year as the booking was pretty much super obvious, with the exceptions of the Jr. tag 4-way and Naito/Goto throwing everyone else off. This time out, it's super hard - Obviously Tiger Mask W, LIJ, O'Reilly, and Cody are winning, but the other matches could go either way.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Okada V. Omega hype level off the charts. Awesome video.

I've been to the Dome for baseball and it's pretty ez to watch that, but yeah it'll be a Mania scenario where you're watching the big screen probably

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
If I was Gedo, I probably would have done a CHAOS vs. Bullet Club eight-man tag with Yano, Ishii, Ospreay, and YOSHI-HASHI vs. Fale, Yujiro, Page, and Cody, and then do a straight six-man for the NEVER titles with Kojima & Sons vs. LIJ, then keep the tag title match 2 v. 2 and stick Juice and Jado in the Rumble. Yeah, it sucks because Ishii is stuck in a worthless 8-man dedicated to putting Cody over, but his current position isn't a huge step up. I do agree with you on the no LIJ sweep but I do think Naito retains.

As I said earlier, the best thing about WK11 is that I really can't pick a winner in most of the matches. I predicted WK10 100% last year as the booking was pretty much super obvious, with the exceptions of the Jr. tag 4-way and Naito/Goto throwing everyone else off. This time out, it's super hard - Obviously Tiger Mask W, LIJ, O'Reilly, and Cody are winning, but the other matches could go either way.

A tag with Cody sounds better honestly, especially if he manages to interact with every Chaos member. That could have lead to future matches down the road. Although, I don't know how often Cody is expected to work NJPW. He's supposed to go to the UK for a WCPW show. I think if he didn't have that commitment, New Year's Dash would have been a good night for a Cody singles match.

I can see how you could have trouble picking winners. People say 2016 was a weird year for wrestling and NJPW was no exception. There's been some strange things happening this year. I have a feeling that the departures earlier in the year and the Noah buyout later in the year had a part in the booking last year. Hopefully 2017 is just as surprising.

Jashobeam

watching this live, just got a sub to njpwworld, totally worth it for 10 bucks. The OT is nicely done, very informative with summaries for each match. Can't wait to watch this with the rest of gaf live.

watching this live, just got a sub to njpwworld, totally worth it for 10 bucks. The OT is nicely done, very informative with summaries for each match. Can't wait to watch this with the rest of gaf live.

Thanks man, means a lot :) I know NJPW is alien to some people so I really want to get people involved in the storylines and watching, since it's unquestionably the best wrestling promotion on the planet, and nothing IMO comes remotely close. Yeah, Gedo and Jado have some weird booking quirks, but when you're getting at least 1-2 ****+ matches a major show, you know it's quality stuff.

Hex

Banned
I totally mistimed this and thought it was Wednesday night/Thursday morning.
I will be in Zombie Mode on Wednesday, but it is my last day of my week so I will live.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I've been to the Dome for baseball and it's pretty ez to watch that, but yeah it'll be a Mania scenario where you're watching the big screen probably
It's a dream for me to head to the Tokyo Dome to see Wrestle Kingdom one day. But the flights from NC to Tokyo alone are like $800 :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom