• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky Update 1.03 Patch Details revealed (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

Pretty glad they're releasing this update on release. It's tackling on some of the problems I've seen with the game via streams and it seems like they're planning on updating the game constantly.

Might just pick it up on PS4 on Tuesday.

Especially ones that wanted to rush to get a review out. Will be interesting to see what sites go ahead and rush to publish something since these notes for what a majority of people will experience are out ahead of the embargo.

I am not going to say IGN is right for their new rating system, but it works wonders for a game like this. Rate it accordingly, let the developer make adjustments and then rate it again.

jmaine_ph

Reviewers will have a problem with this. IMHO it's great, and they've been very open with this.

But I can see how a reviewer wouldn't like being unable to score the game on day one.
It'll be funny seeing a reviewer complain about something that's in the day one patch, signifying that they got a early copy (not a review code) and are rushing their review.

c0Zm1c

That's a pretty incredible update. And with the promise of exciting, unexpected and much requested things further down the line.

batbeg

I hadn't taken much of a look at the streamers, just a couple minutes of a dude flying and some awful pop in, so that's awesome to hear it is improved. The rest of that just reads like a list of awesome features to me lol

bigDave

BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER I'M GOING TO CRY

386.gif

JP

That sounds like a really impressive update.

God said:
Next up we’re adding the ability to build bases and own giant space freighters. Temporal AA and my new cloud rendering tech should be coming soon too. It will really change the game again, and enhance it visually.

This universe we’ve built is a pretty large canvas, we’ve got a lot of ideas. This is the type of game we want to be.

They've talked about it before and I really like the idea they're able to completely change things in the game if they feel it would benefit the experience for people, maybe adding whole new games systems if they feel it'll be a positive. It does sound like it'll become and increasingly deep universe as we move forward.

It'll be interesting to here how big the patch is

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Well if releasing these notes was done to bolster preorders, it worked on me. ¯_(シ)_/¯

liquidtmd

Banned
I imagine if they had complete free reign Hello would have delayed till September but after the previous delays this just wasn't feasible.

Very very hyped. Hope my preorder comes Tuesday

That dude paid $1200 to play a tech demo.

Yeah I'm very glad I get to play day 1 with this update as part of the experience

napata

So basically the game is still in early access for the next couple of months.

Well, more content is a good thing.

Fucking crazy insane patch. I am impressed. Holy shit I don't know what in here to get more excited about first. But I'm loving the inclusion of owning huge freighters later down the road!!

Wondering what base building will add to the game. I'm all for base building. Love that aspect in games, but I'm anxious to see what the benefit is in this game. You are supposed to explore and keep moving in this game. Not build a house and stay on one planet.

Possible fast travel to planets you have visited? So you could build a house on a planet, make some chests to keep things in and fast travel to it? Doesn't matter, excited.

That's a huge update!

Feel a bit better about playing it early now before the server reset, because these sound like really noticeable changes.

NHale

this game could challenge driveclub, when it comes to massive patches that upgrade and enhance the game. i can only imagine what this game will look like in 6 months from now.

Let's hope not. Driveclub launch was a complete disaster and I absolutely love the game.

No Man's Sky seems like another game (like Driveclub) that should have been delayed another 6 months. The patch notes sound like the gold master version is early access and their vision for the game is still not realized. I know business sometimes require sacrifices but it's a shame that they couldn't release the game when they add everything they wanted to the game.

Unknown?

That is literally what Sean Murray has said he wants if the game is successful. He said he would love to continue supporting No Man's Sky if it was successful. I don't think there's any doubt it will be, so you can book it that Hello Games will be adding a LOT more content, and for free. That was another point. He doesn't want DLC, he wants to just add things.

I am freaking hyped now and there's no way it won't be successful, it is being backed by Sony full force. If it wasn't for them showing it off at E3 several years I doubt many would even know about it!

Makki

Whelp, I wont get it on release, but I just bought it for $46 bucks shipped woot woot.

I was gonna pass until it got cheaper but this update addresses a lot of my concerns.

diaspora

I can't wait for another PC delay to be announced days before release. Reason: ¯\_(シ)_/¯

Gotta get people to double-dip somehow I guess.

N° 2048

Whelp, I wont get it on release, but I just bought it for $46 bucks shipped woot woot.

I was gonna pass until it got cheaper but this update addresses a lot of my concerns.

Still got this game on my Amazon E3 30% off order :D

5taquitos

Let's hope not. Driveclub launch was a complete disaster and I absolutely love the game.

No Man's Sky seems like another game (like Driveclub) that should have been delayed another 6 months. The patch notes sound like the gold master version is early access and their vision for the game is still not realized. I know business sometimes require sacrifices but it's a shame that they couldn't release the game when they add everything they wanted to the game.
What's the big deal? You'll get to play the game with all of these patch features from the second you start it. I see nothing "shameful" here.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
So basically the game is still in early access for the next couple of months.

Well, more content is a good thing.
I think this game is just being built like most modern software - iterative improvements based on user experience. Rather than make a giant game and hope it's everything everyone wants, make a good game base, and constantly update based on user feedback.

I think we're just at the point where we can reasonably expect people with game consoles to have internet connections, so games can be these living things.

This really should have been in early access months ago. Be interesting to see how all this new stuff breaks on release day (or not).

Top Bottom