• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Marcus Fenix Collection in Development - Other Gears projects ARE in progress.

LAA

Gears of War: Kinect? Gears of War: Mobile?
Ha ha!
Apart from Gears 4, I don't know what they can be working on if not a remake collection.
Just a Judgement remake possible? Marcus wasn't in that I believe?

Megatron

Other exciting projects = Gears 5 in Fall 2016. I mean, duh. Anyone expecting more than that is just setting themselves up for disappointment.

The next Gears won't be out next year. 2017. Anyone expecting more than that is just setting themselves up for disappointment.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
i thought shinobi got called out on being a phony? why we still posting this tweets?

also, if they're incluing Judgment then it makes sense not to call it something as unmarketable as the marcus fenix collection

I dunno about that, but Shinobi did say no Gears collection but a brand new Gears title this year. So I'm curious how much he actually knows.

Kama_1082

Banned
Considering it would have been exclusive to the Xbox One which I no longer have and have no interest in whatsoever, this is not a disappointment for me.

A gears collection is assuredly coming, don't be fooled
I am completely shocked.

But...but...
CAYcOp_WAAA1Dxl.png:large

I'm sorry man, but Phil Spencer is a hack.

Why can't he answer straight up and say it how it is? "I cant announce that, but stay tuned" get the hell outta here with that vague PR crap.

Becuase if they have something to announce they will do it in a conference and not through xbox messages.

That's not how PR works. You'd technically be more happier with it if he didn't respond to that at all. Let that sink in.

"More happier" Yeah, your illustrious grammar is sinking.

And yes, Phil Spencer is just there to please the suits.

Clinton514

Do people need to buy it again to realize how much of one trick pony it was?

hehe seriously though it'll be cool to see what they do with the graphics anyway.

Moofers

I dont know, if they say there's no Gears Collection coming, I would say maybe that's true. Maybe they wanted to do something new aside from the Black Tusk game. Maybe we're getting something along the lines of Halo Wars or maybe even an XCOM style game in the Gears universe. I mean who knows?

I think people who are insist a collection is absolutely coming don't really have any proof to base that on. Its all just "I've got a hunch!".

jaypah

People are calling out Spencer for not revealing unannounced games through Xbox messages? Lol, ok. None of the big 3 are just going to casually show their cards like that. That's why we have E3.

Leyasu

Banned
I would to see a gears multiplayer where the shotgun is a power weapon pick up. But gears on dedicated servers where we can matchmake locally will make everything ok for me.

I've been looking at the thread for a bit and don't know what to make of it. A collection is still possible considering he says Marcus Fenix Collection specifically, but then I feel like reading into it like that is grasping at straws. Maybe it's just a Gears 1 remake like some speculated or maybe it is just a different name, but it seems like something along those lines must be happening. They wouldn't pass up on something like this.

W.S.

I dont know, if they say there's no Gears Collection coming, I would say maybe that's true. Maybe they wanted to do something new aside from the Black Tusk game. Maybe we're getting something along the lines of Halo Wars or maybe even an XCOM style game in the Gears universe. I mean who knows?

I think people who are insist a collection is absolutely coming don't really have any proof to base that on. Its all just "I've got a hunch!".
A Pendulum Wars game whether it be RTS or XCOM style would be great.

OrangeOak

I knew it is too good to be true.
Ability to play full matches one after another in Gears 1 that would be populated again and maybe even with some graphical upgrades and new maps was one of my biggest gaming dreams :(

Megatron

Do people need to buy it again to realize how much of one trick pony it was?

hehe seriously though it'll be cool to see what they do with the graphics anyway.

But the one trick is the element of fun. Something more of today's games could use. (looking at you Dragon Age and the Order)

It's best not to insult people's grammar on here. Tons of people from all over the world and English is not their first language.

Agreed, but if a person is being arrogant, I don't care where they're from, they deserve a little nudge. That's the problem in this site, you voice an opinion that doesn't agree with the rest of the posters and you get treated like an idiot.

It's almost as if you have to support the thread topic, or the general reaction from posters, in order to give an opinion.

Agreed, but if a person is being arrogant, I don't care where they're from, they deserve a little nudge. That's the problem in this site, you voice an opinion that doesn't agree with the rest of the posters and you get treated like an idiot.

It's almost as if you have to support the thread topic, or the general reaction from posters, in order to give an opinion.

Relax. Best way to not get treated like an idiot is to be nice.

McHuj

Why would Black Tusk be working on this? A Gears remaster would go to some smaller port house.

Edit: I wouldn't mind a remix version. I don't need to replay all the games, just give me the best parts from all three.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
If anything, the most important thing about that Tweet that I'm glad to read is that they're confirming that something for Gears will be shown.

It's exactly as I expected timing-wise from the time they bought the IP and announced when they started from scratch, so that means they're on track in my mind.

I think at this point Xbox needs to prove that it has games and not just doing a bunch of remastered ports.

I think a Gears of War 4 would attract more console buyers than a flavor of the month collection. "Remember all those games you already played? Play 'em again on the One!"

ekim

This year marks the 10 year anniversary for the 360 - I highly believe in some remaster and GoW would be the perfect candidate.

Top Bottom