• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Marcus Fenix Collection in Development - Other Gears projects ARE in progress.

JPS Kai

We?
Nah, I'm ok with remastered collections.

This. It helps get people interested in the series that might not have had the original console to begin with (The Last of Us on PS4, for example). It's a good hype-generator though they can have unintended consequences such as the Silent Hill HD Collection.

Now that current-gen consoles are picking up speed for releases, I feel there's less of a need to release as many remastered collections. They were enjoyable while there was a drought of content for the new systems but now there's new stuff dropping every few weeks to keep console owners busy. I would be all over some of these titles, such as Metro Redux, but I just don't have the time to play everything that comes out.

If there's a demand for a Gears of War collection on the Xbox One and it's handled gracefully, I say go for it. Those games had a good multiplayer side that could benefit from getting some fresh blood in there.

Welfare

I think at this point Xbox needs to prove that it has games and not just doing a bunch of remastered ports.

I think a Gears of War 4 would attract more console buyers than a flavor of the month collection. "Remember all those games you already played? Play 'em again on the One!"

Um

Hm

What if, and stay with me on this one, what if, Gears 4 isn't ready yet, and, I'm going to blow your mind so hold on, they can release a remastered version of old Gears games while you wait for the next game to be done?

A lot to take in.

zychi

Banned
Don't let 343 touch this please. And don't start its development 6 months before release like Halo MCC. Thanks

BibiMaghoo

Seems pretty clear that it isn't currently happening. I don't think that is an attempt to misguide or hide that it is, but a genuine statement it is not.

But then they clearly have more than one Gears project in development, and that's better, because millions of people have not already played them to death.

Journey

Banned
I think at this point Xbox needs to prove that it has games and not just doing a bunch of remastered ports.

I think a Gears of War 4 would attract more console buyers than a flavor of the month collection. "Remember all those games you already played? Play 'em again on the One!"

You may have your systems mixed up.

Either "It's not the Marcus Fenix Collection because it includes Judgment."

Or "It's not in development at Black Tusk because we handed it off to another studio while we work on a new Gears game."

It would be exceptionally stupid for Microsoft to not capitalize on what is one of their top three franchises, especially after investing in the Master Chief Collection alongside Halo 5: Guardians and by breaking Forza up into Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizons.

Um

Hm

What if, and stay with me on this one, what if, Gears 4 isn't ready yet, and, I'm going to blow your mind so hold on, they can release a remastered version of old Gears games while you wait for the next game to be done?

A lot to take in.

So Xbox needs to sell systems around the holidays every year. What if you blow all your Halo collections and Gears collections in the beginning? Then what do you have to fall back on in years to come in between big releases? You need to save that Gears collection for a year that has nothing coming out. I can safely bet that Xbox has a big release planned for this E3 to show for this holiday release and it is not going to be a remaster. Sorry.

I think if the BIG holiday release two years in a row is a port then Xbox doesn't have much to grab consumer dollars with.

A Gears collection next March would be great in the run up to Gear 4 which I imagine MS wants to launch by the end of 2016. I find it hard to believe MS would pass up the opportunity, unless Halo:MCC scared them off the concept of HD remakes or something.

I sure as shit hope they didn't form a new studio, only to kill a new IP that was being developed so that they could have said new studio work on a bunch of ports of decent/mediocre games from last generation.

Welfare

So Xbox needs to sell systems around the holidays every year. What if you blow all your Halo collections and Gears collections in the beginning? Then what do you have to fall back on in years to come in between big releases? You need to save that Gears collection for a year that has nothing coming out. I can safely bet that Xbox has a big release planned for this E3 to show for this holiday release and it is not going to be a remaster. Sorry.

I think if the BIG holiday release two years in a row is a port then Xbox doesn't have much to grab consumer dollars with.

Who said it would be the big holiday title? Halo 5 is coming out this year.

No one will be interested in a Gears collection after the new series has started. It's why they released Halo MCC before Halo 5, and they'll do a Gears "something" before the new Gears comes out.

I had to google Marcus Fenix to even know what that means...this is coming from someone who played all 4 gears games. Just goes to show how irrelevant MS IP's are.

rrc1594

Well Gears 1 is the only good one, so…

john_cena-confused.gif

Kayant

They are not going to randomly confirm/announce it if it exists on twitter ;) also could be called something else.

I had to google Marcus Fenix to even know what that means...this is coming from someone who played all 4 gears games. Just goes to show how irrelevant MS IP's are.

No it shows you haven't played these games at all even if you had played only MP you would know. Poor attempt at trolling.

El_Chino

Thanks for your input.

Great post...
And calling Phil Spencer a hack such an enlightening post? Lol.

It's called teasing. He can't just announce possibly a huge game for the X1 over a simple message. Not quite sure how that was called for calling him a "hack"

Stop all the remakes! We want new games

I want both. I don't want to wait until holiday 2016 to play Gears 4 (assuming thats when it is aimed for), I want to play Horde mode and the campaigns on Xbox One.

its easy money and they can outsource it so it doesn't effect Gears 4, we can have both you know and you don't have to buy it.

Top Bottom