• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes sequel announced for Switch [Up: Will begin development soon.]

Dose of Innocence is one of my top 10 most listened-to songs according to iTunes. This alone should show how important this series is to me, this needs to come out NOW!

Ridley327

Wasn't Shinobu supposed to star in the next game? :( No idea where I got that from

She appeared in the concept art for Lily Bergamo, but that was about it. Suda did say once upon a time that he had an idea for NMH3 that didn't star Travis, but given the ending to NMH2, he's still got some unfinished business in Santa Destroy.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Apologies if this is a double post but,

Holy crap. Like, I had no idea. No one told me.

I'm shocked. And crazy excited about the potentional.

Would leave current projects to launch it.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so fucking hyped for this, probably the game that got me the most excited, just because I didn't know it was a possibility.

It definitely didn't seem like it was far into development. Not even a CG teaser or something?

Damn, this thing is struggling with third party support far worse than the Wii U

Oh god, oh man....oh god oh man! Oh god! Oh man!

I hope Suda is directing this. Didn't he tease potentially directing another game recently?

Ogodei

Not liking how he kept talking about how it would be like an indie game, but then indie games have gotten pretty expansive to the point where something as meaty as No More Heroes 1 at least could make it.

Otherwise, yes, all hype.

YES!!!!

I had lost all hope after Grasshopper was acquired by GungHo, but dreams do come true. I hope Suda directs this one, as the second game was still good but something felt lacking.

And please, bring back Henry and his hype battle theme.

PetrCobra

He only said a game with Travis Touchdown with wrestling or something. Definitely can be something else than a NMH game.

If that Nintendo behind Suda means they're publishing I can't help but wonder if Travis placed high on that Smash Ballot thing.

The games aren't super widely known and it has been seven years since the second one came out.

NMH 1 and 2 were my shit, so happy about this.

Also
"Yeah... ahhh, I talked... ehhhh... with some indies... and ... eh... well... seems its easy to develop... and ahhh... yeah... No more heroes on switch..."

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
He only said a game with Travis Touchdown with wrestling or something. Definitely can be something else than a NMH game.

I think he said deathmatch at some point, I dunno the translation was such a mess.

I'll be happy with just boss battles as long as they're filled with awesome characters.

Zomba13

The translator was struggling and barely said words. Indie, game, Travis, Wrestling, make game, talk game, talk indie, indie good.

It'll be NMH3, maybe not called that like NMH2 was NMHDS. NMH1 and 2 were games with Travis and wrestling.

And Deathmatch can be taken as the Assassin League stuff (they are death matches). Or it could break away from that stuff. I can't remember how 2 ended and Travis' thoughts on all that.

peakish

Really hope Suda is back in the director's seat for this. Haven't really been feeling Grasshopper's output without that. Still excited that it's happening, NMH is awesome.

YES!!!!

I had lost all hope after Grasshopper was acquired by GungHo, but dreams do come true. I hope Suda directs this one, as the second game was still good but something felt lacking.

And please, bring back Henry and his hype battle theme.
The music is so damn good in this game.

Galang

Banned
She appeared in the concept art for Lily Bergamo, but that was about it. Suda did say once upon a time that he had an idea for NMH3 that didn't star Travis, but given the ending to NMH2, he's still got some unfinished business in Santa Destroy.

Ah okay thanks. That's why. I'll take Travis, but i'd love Shinobu to be the star

Jawmuncher

This was the best news from the show. However did sound like it would be reduced in scale compared to the first games. But that was going off a translator who couldn't keep. Actually wouldn't mind that, since NMH for me has always been about the humor, story, and boss fights. The training aspect, and killing mobs stuff was always just kinda there.

Top Bottom