• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No New Final Fantasy XV Info at E3 2014

Everytime someone asks them about that game they say: "Development is doing really good but we can't share any details now and are preparing for a special event later this year"
Do they just copy and paste that stuff?

gogogow

They are porting the PS3 version to the PS4. I'm sure they have to create new content/assets, but I really wonder how far along the PS3 version was. Unbelievable how SE and Team Ico used a entire generation (and it was a extra long generation too) to make these games and they are still ways off. What a fail.

These dev teams should only make game announcements when their games has been far, far into development, like max. a year away of releasing it.

Pooya

SE does almost 1 year long constant marketing push for their major games with trailers/info/interviews and such. Even low tier games like LR got that. So if this is coming in 2015 in ANY region we would know before the year's end.

UberTag

I hope they unveil a new Lightning game next week instead.
For PS3.
Lightning in Paris.
3AQmK.gif

Asd202

If there going to show XV at TGS I imagine it will be to try to sell some PS4 to build install base. PS4 is doing really badly in Japan and there's almost no games in the near future that would change that.

Rising_Hei

Square Enix only shows its big games properly when they are about to launch.

For example, if FFXV was going to come out before next year's E3, this would be the E3 they'd show us the game properly, if it's going to be next year when they do... expect a september 2015 - April 2016 release.

HeelPower

This is heartbreaking.

I literally can't put together anything to describe without using massive profanities.So I'll refrain.

They are only good at teasing lightning YET AGAIN ????

Just watch previously niche games completely overtake this Franchise by the end of this gen such as The Witcher.

Epcott

Was Versus really first announced in 2006?
I can't remember. If so, by the time this releases, development will have been longer than some Gaffers stay in elementary school or middle+high school combined.

How does it feel to have a single game developed over nearly the entirety of your childhood? Imagine Pokemon being announced when you were 3, only to be released when you are 13.

raven777

538ef43499fee6wuof.jpg

the two ppl next to Hashimoto will be ppl from the unannounced project.

Right is probably Kitase and left is probably Toriyama lol.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
This is heartbreaking.

I literally can't put together anything to describe without using massive profanities.So I'll refrain.

They are only good at teasing lightning YET AGAIN ????

Just watch previously niche games completely overtake this Franchise by the end of this gen such as The Witcher.

That's maybe their big E3 announcement.

So, Final Fantasy XVI - but it's a glorious return to 2D, it's a $29 downloadable title with the scope and magnatitude of the SNES games but with all the conventions of modern day gaming. It's also releasing this fall on Xbox Live, PSN and the eShop.

... I fucking wish. Argh. Argh.

I have been wanting this for a long time. It is crazy they haven't capitalized on this nostalgia yet...on consoles.

benjammin

If they show lightning anything without showing this or kh3 then I will boycott on principle

In 2017 when the game is released

The big news here is that KH3 will probably land the same year as the PS5 and X3 (2019?), since Square is insistent on not putting any work into it until this struggle masterpiece is complete. Making it a solid...14 years since the release of KH2. Their best selling console franchise.

sublimit

Banned
Ok one down.
Now if only someone could confirm that there will be no TLG as well he could really save us from all the disappointment.

wrowa

Well, okay. If they can't show anything at E3 - despite it being expected due to already having shown it last year - I guess even a 2015 release is unlikely. I was optimistic that the game will finally shape up well last year, but I'm back at the point where I tend to believe that SE should have pulled the plug on it a few years ago.

li bur

Kinda funny that this game was announced when I just enrolled to my bachelor study. Now I'm finishing my master degree and the game isn't out yet.

This is one hell of a development hell.

Top Bottom