• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No New Final Fantasy XV Info at E3 2014

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
SquareEnix act like they're scared to make a FF7 remake. Don't ask me why?

Because it'll be a gargantuan task and people will probably still be unsatisfied anyway. The game has many locales and while some of them are just a few screens big, it'll still be a difficult task to remake everything. This is a company that had problems with HD towns. I don't think they're technically incapable. It was the engine and horrible organisation skills that led them down.

DZ_b_EZ

I don't care what GAF says, I choose to believe that Square will have more detailed info of FFXV at TGS.

Things will be different.....you'll see.....

YOU WILL ALL SEE!!

I am acutally hoping square will show up with the western developed titles from edios and United front games. we'll see. i know Crystal Dynamics will announce tomb raider 2!

Some Nobody

Remake after remakes after remaster.

Please for the love of all that is final AND fantasy, be excited.

I'm fine with this. That's what fans get for buying all of them.

Plus I'm pretty sure their Western developed games will be there in full force.

Seanspeed

Banned
Because it'll be a gargantuan task and people will probably still be unsatisfied anyway. The game has many locales and while some of them are just a few screens big, it'll still be a difficult task to remake everything. This is a company that had problems with HD towns. I don't think they're technically incapable. It was the engine and horrible organisation skills that led them down.
Cant be any more difficult than making a new game. It uses pre-rendered backgrounds and the gameplay and story and mechanics are done already. Its a lot of art work to be done, but same with any new game.

They know it'll sell like fucking hotcakes, so I'm not sure what the hold up is.

I would be so hyped if they announced a FF12 HD remaster. Ashe in HD glory.
I'd be pretty satisfied with that, honestly(for PS3, though).

DJIzana

ah I still remember when Square said information would now be released more frequently

absolutely pathetic company, wow

Yeah... I can't imagine how embarrassed they must be. On a side note, I'm still looking forward to anything XIV related and Triad Wars.

Don't want to create new thread, but I just got notification from Amazon about new date for Final Fantasy XV:

Hello,

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the order you placed on June 11, 2013. The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Final Fantasy XV - PlayStation 4"
Estimated arrival date: January 06, 2016 - January 09, 2016

Some Nobody

Don't want to create new thread, but I just got notification from Amazon about new date for Final Fantasy XV:

ROFL. Believable. I fucking quit, with this game. When they renamed it I had a bit of hope and hype, but their inability to show anything new on the game a full year later has pretty well extinguished it.

Lnds500

What was the previous release date?

It's just a place-holder. They are putting the last day of 2015 (December 31st) so they are covered. KH3 is the same - i.e. no chance in hell.

Vashetti

Banned
What was the previous release date?

It's just a place-holder. They are putting the last day of 2015 (December 31st) so they are covered. KH3 is the same - i.e. no chance in hell.

"The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher"

Seems a little too specific to be a placeholder, but if the game is going to release on that date it's way too early to actually announce it.

More importantly, why would they aim their release date to just barely miss the holiday season?

EDIT: Oh, I see, the release date is 12/31, 6th-9th is just the arrival window. Yeah, it's definitely just a placeholder.

"The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher"

And it was changed by the publisher, if indirectly via the lack of news on it since last year- from "maybe 2014" to "definitely not 2014."

Hence the date changes from their 2014 placeholder date to their 2015 placeholder date. If (God forbid) the game is still a no-show at next year's E3 the date will probably change to 12/31/2016.

Lnds500

And it was changed by the publisher, if indirectly via the lack of news on it since last year- from "maybe 2014" to "definitely not 2014."

Hence the date changes from their 2014 placeholder date to their 2015 placeholder date. If (God forbid) the game is still a no-show at next year's E3 the date will probably change to 12/31/2016.

Seems a little too specific to be a placeholder, but if the game is going to release on that date it's way too early to actually announce it.

More importantly, why would they aim their release date to just barely miss the holiday season?

EDIT: Oh, I see, the release date is 12/31, 6th-9th is just the arrival window. Yeah, it's definitely just a placeholder.

Haha, eah they include shipping time in this mail. On amazon they have "This item will be released on December 31, 2015.", so this is just placeholder.

It must be on TGS, coz too long for no update.

Wow, just got same email for Kingdom Hearts III. Maybe they preparing for something?

Famassu

NEVER. They barely showed anything and it's due to release at the end of the year? How can that game come out before FF XV?!
It isn't. FFXV is somewhat likely Second Half/Late-ish 2015 release in at least Japan, while KHIII, in the best case scenario, could perhaps be released in ~Spring 2016, but is likely a late 2016 release.

Top Bottom