• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nolan North: Amy Hennig/Visceral's Star Wars game is "in the style of Uncharted"

Phamit

I guess "style of Uncharted" just means Third person shooter, which isn't surprising since it's a game from Amy Henning and Visceral

Pooya

Jedi Knight could work I guess, if it's a reboot of old series, it's probably that. I'd guess they want something that is more inline with new movies and those games already took place after the original trilogy, I don't expect a Kyle Katarn character though.

I wouldn't expect 1313 but it will probably play like that anyway.

weevles

Is he referring to rebooting a new SW video game franchise or from the movies?

It could be Old Republic or Phantom Menace or anything really...

Please don't be super generic with crap like regen health, please for the love of God. So much room to try stuff in TPS games and yet they always ruin it.

i-Lo

Why is there such a reluctance to do another SW RPG? Are they expecting ME filling the sci-fi RPG hole alone?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Why is there such a reluctance to do another SW RPG? Are they expecting ME filling the sci-fi RPG hole alone?

BioWare doesn't have enough staff to handle one and they're not going to dump their fully owned franchises that are already successful.

I hope not. I loved Uncharted 2 but the whole set piece after set piece is kind of boring to me now. I'll buy it regardless because Star Wars but as long as it's good, I'll be happy.

If i remember correctly, EA announced back then whey got that SW deal, that BioWare is working on a StarWars game too.

As far as I know this was misinterpreted and it was just BW-Austin continuing to work on SWTOR.

I'm sure there will be one eventually, but they probably wouldn't let anybody but BW do it and BioWare proper had (and still has) their hands full with other projects.

Are any of these new Star Wars games light saber focused? All I keep seeing is guns which seems boring to me. It being like Uncharted makes me think it's going to be another shooter.

Protomanx13

Neo Member
Depends how much control she has over her work/single player experience. If it is a game that primary focus on multiplayer, don't expect a good single player or even if the story is good, the gameplay would be... meh

Kinyou

Possible. With the new features in Frostbite 3 and being current gen only, it should be a looker.
Oh true forgot that it's also an EA game. Frostbite seems to go well with star wars and considering that they likely aim for 30 fps it should even be a step above battlefront

Santar

Interest gone.
I was holding out hope it wouldn't be one of those super scripted epic badass moments at every turn games you mostly just watch, but alas.

Bracewell

If Amy Hennig can bring to this brand new/rebooted Star Wars franchise what she brought to Uncharted, I'd be ecstatic.

The Uncharted games are Indiana Jones adventures in everything but name (and time period), so I have faith.

KKRT00

Are any of these new Star Wars games light saber focused? All I keep seeing is guns which seems boring to me. It being like Uncharted makes me think it's going to be another shooter.

Better be. Lightsabers should only be used in games where they respect its 'physics'. Multiple hits from lightsabers should not be survivable, it should be one hit, one enemy part cut.
You go Jedi Knight route or You leave lightsabers alone, thats my opinion, with exception to RPG games of course.

Sal Ami

Banned
They arent, but if they do ever make one we will never get a game as well designed as Jedi Academy. It will be heavily watered down.

CHC

I doubt it will be Han. The main characters of the series seem to be off limits as game protagonists so far. I'm sure they'd just do a different smuggler who is simar to Han.

Boogdud

Better be. Lightsabers should only be used in games where they respect its 'physics'. Multiple hits from lightsabers should not be survivable, it should be one hit, one enemy part cut.
You go Jedi Knight route or You leave lightsabers alone, thats my opinion, with exception of RPG games of course.

Here here! Lightsabers everywhere in these games (and movies) completely ruins the weight of the lightsaber. They're never done 'correctly' and animations look terrible with everyone running around nerf batting each other. Give me blasters, any day.

Philippo

robocop-fap.gif

nampad

This is what I expected and hoped for. Hope Hennig can show her skills once again after she had to leave ND in such a bad way.
Her experience should make sure the Star Wars game isn't looking amateurish like all the other cinematic game clones.

Type_Raver

So I thought this deserved its own thread rather than being interleaved with Uncharted 4 discussion.

This probably isn't very shocking given the Creative Director and how Dead Space 2 and 3 played.

Bring back Starwars 1313, it was this already!!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Perhaps corridor isn't the right word. But it certainly was a mostly linear experience.
There's nothing wrong with linear games. Personally I can't stand like 90% of "open-world" games. Arcade-like action or action/adventure games need to make a triumphant return, really.

Top Bottom