• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nothing stops this train. PUBG surpasses [-46,278,233,054] concurrent users (!!!!)

TheKeyPit

Banned
Nah. I don't think they are making that date.

But who knows, maybe that team in spain can work some magic. But realize this game has to run on the base Xbox One as well.
This launches with Game Preview on Xbox One. It probably doesn't even have to be 100% ready.

Trace

Banned
I don't get it. I'd rather play CS. PUBG doesn't appeal to me because the probability of winning seems low. Randomness seems to predominate in the beginning of each game.

I've always been a small squad, CoD type multiplayer gamer rather than a player of big Battlefield-style games.

I've gotten third playing solo three games in a row. You can deal with the randomness, just need to know how to play it. Obviously if you play it like CoD you're never going to win a game.

Yeah you're right, it's Perfect! Beautiful game, runs buttery smooth. Real nice physics.

What argument are you trying to make? If you don't like it, thats fine, I don't understand what you're getting at though. You realize there are a lot of people who have made their peace with those concerns, and that this game is also still under active development?

Or will you just repeat the same statement?

packy34

Can you use a controller with this game yet? Last I checked it was still M+KB and I'm not good enough for that shit.

It probably wouldn't be a good idea (or fun) to compete against other people using M+KB in this game with a controller.

Ok, tell me it's not ugly
Tell me it doesnt have shit physics
Tell me it doesnt run like crap on even new hardware

It's not
It has some weird vehicle physics, but the shooting is top notch
The performance has improved dramatically since March and will only continue to improve

kcxiv

Insane numbers, congratz to them.

i just wish that the movement in this game was different, i hate it! FIrst person the movement feels much better. Few things piss me off though abou tthis game. Running from the fucking gas, it seems as if we die to gas more then to players at times and dying most of the time from such long distances i dont even know where i got shot from. Its like where did you get shot from and everyone is like, no clue! lol

I don't understand what you think they can do about this

The community and pros have been asking for plenty of things for years (maps, balance changes, 128 tick, mp5 just to name a few), maybe they could do that instead of ignoring them.

Now it's great to see that there's another shooter to play and people are slowly moving to that instead. Maaaaaaaybe Valve will up the effort they put into GO, maybe not. The way it's looking the community will continue to switch to PUBG it seems.

bounchfx

gotta say, first impressions were bad, but after going back to it and giving it another chance (and after they added FPP and optimized it a bit, which certainly helped), I'm starting to really get addictive. It blends the Permadeath that I value in games to add consequence and tension to your actions, with the 'pick up and play' 15-45 minute session lengths of games like dota and csgo.

it still needs a LOTTTTTTTT of improvements and polish but even in it's current state it does the job better than rust or dayz ever did imo

UPRGTCTZN

Neo Member
What argument are you trying to make? If you don't like it, thats fine, I don't understand what you're getting at though. You realize there are a lot of people who have made their peace with those concerns, and that this game is also still under active development?

Or will you just repeat the same statement?

No it wasn't fine. I had an opinion, and very valid critizisms but that was apparently not ok. Whatever. If people have made peace with the shortcomings, thats fine. I'm just surprised a game with such apparent ones gain such popularity. But thats fine. But don't pretend they arent there

packy34

No it wasn't fine. I had an opinion, and very valid critizisms but that was apparently not ok. Whatever. If people have made peace with the shortcomings, thats fine. I'm just surprised a game with such apparent ones gain such popularity. But thats fine. But don't pretend they arent there

Name a better BR game without any "shortcomings"

Tovarisc

You could work on your delivery and people would take your arguments and points far more better.

UPRGTCTZN

Neo Member
It's fun as fuck. That's why people play video games. To have fun.

Maybe you don't.

Well yeah sure. As I said, fun idea... But the end result wasnt that fun for me. Aside tech aspects, there's too much of just walking around and nothing happens, don't like the game mechnics so shooting gets pretty dull.

Still haven't played it myself but I feel like a seasoned vet from all the streams of it I've watched. This feels like a real sea change moment in the shooter space, similar to what CoD4 did a decade ago.

Durante

The community and pros have been asking for plenty of things for years (maps, balance changes, 128 tick, mp5 just to name a few), maybe they could do that instead of ignoring them.

Now it's great to see that there's another shooter to play and people are slowly moving to that instead. Maaaaaaaybe Valve will up the effort they put into GO, maybe not. The way it's looking the community will continue to switch to PUBG it seems.
Your argument seems a bit disjoint. PUBG is apparently a 20 tick game. So implementing 128 tick in CSGO is going to entice the same people who are, according to you, "switching to" a 15 tick game?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Guess most people don't care all that much.

I don't know how people couldn't care, the servers are a huge issue IMO, they lag horribly at times, people soak bullets, people jitter all over the place and you even get micro freezing due to the servers. It's really time they put some of the money they've made into improving them.

Aters

Let's just call it your opinion. 8 million people have bought this game, 800k people are playing it, they are not dumber or less concern with their money than you.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Its pretty good. I think the zone restriction should be a bit more severe, but overall its pretty fun.

packy34

Your point here being? Do I need to play a BR game, however bad I think it is just because it's the best of it's kind?

You don't need to play anything that you don't want to play.

You also don't need to come into threads and shit them up with garbage, especially when you admittedly don't even play the game you're trashing.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
No offence to Dota fans, but I hope this pushes Dota down and makes Valve realise this isn't the money train they thought it was and they go back to making SP games.

I can dream :-(

Well yeah sure. As I said, fun idea... But the end result wasnt that fun for me. Aside tech aspects, there's too much of just walking around and nothing happens, don't like the game mechnics so shooting gets pretty dull.

The genre might not be for you then. Battle Royale shooters are pretty rare and only seldomly done well, if ever. PUBG is the first polished enough to appeal to a lot of people. If you want the quality moment to moment FPS experience, why not stick to CSGO or something? CSGO has very little downtime comparatively.

UPRGTCTZN

Neo Member
You don't need to play anything that you don't want to play.

You also don't need to come into threads and shit them up with garbage, especially when you admittedly don't even play the game you're trashing.

I bought it, I played it. What is the point of a thread where everybody is just cheering on and agreeing with eachother?

Qassim

No offence to Dota fans, but I hope this pushes Dota down and makes Valve realise this isn't the money train they thought it was and they go back to making SP games.

In a bizarre world where the last 5 years hadn't happened and already proven to Valve that they ARE the money train they thought they'd be, as Durante said - PUBG is a multiplayer only game too - it's success would only affirm Valve's feelings :p

Wouldnt this make valve double down on Multiplayer only games? Unless your playing PUBG for the rich single player experience.

Qassim

I bought it, I played it. What is the point of a thread where everybody is just cheering on and agreeing with eachother?

There's a key thing you did that people took issue with. You called people weird for liking it. There are plenty of people who get away with saying it's not their thing in these threads - mainly because those people say they don't like it without trying to imply others are weird for liking it.

There's a key thing you did that people took issue with. You called people weird for liking it. There are plenty of people who get away with saying it's not their thing in these threads - mainly because those people say they don't like it without trying to imply others are weird for liking it.

Yeah, I'm not really into games like this, but it's obviously super popular for a reason.

packy34

So say your peace and move on? You aren't going to suddenly convince 8 million players that the game sucks, so what's your end game here?

UPRGTCTZN

Neo Member
There's a key thing you did that people took issue with. You called people weird for liking it. There are plenty of people who get away with saying it's not their thing in these threads - mainly because those people can't say they don't like it without trying to imply others are weird for liking it.

Ah ok! I was just teasing, I didn't mean for anyone to take it seriously

Top Bottom