• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes December 8th

Again MS has deals with cards and etc. at some stores that equal or make it less than $299 outside an actual sign. They likely won't drop the price.

Where? Doesn't appear to be any deals in any of tomorrow's sales ads...(unless you mean that free controller charger at target) as I said before,MS is going to have to depend on their own PR and communication channels to advertise any deals they are going to have, at least for this week, cause they didn't have these deals in place in timeto get them in this week's circulars...

I could easily see deals this week in MS stores and online at Amazon, for example...Or some promotions that simply didn't make sales ads, but it's going to be on then to get the word out...

Now next week, we will have to wait and see...But at that point, we are 12 days away from Christmas so the time to make another big splash for Holiday sales is running out quickly...

GnawtyDog

Banned
Only hard counter that's gonna count for anything is a permanent $299.99 sku. An Xbox One slim is E3 material, that's the only second possible hard counter. So since there is 0% chance of a low key Xbox One Slim announcement, if it's not a permanent drop (temp for a month+ (or matching promotion) PR at the least) $299.99 then it's anything but hard.

gtj1092

Maybe it has to do with hardware like a free kinect or something. I've noticed a ton of stand alone kinect for sale the other day. Nearly one for every X1 on the shelf. They have to be there for a reason. I'm thinking buy an x1 and get a free kinect and game.

Shenmue

Banned
Maybe it has to do with hardware like a free kinect or something. I've noticed a ton of stand alone kinect for sale the other day. Nearly one for every X1 on the shelf. They have to be there for a reason. I'm thinking buy an x1 and get a free kinect and game.

If it's a free kinect that's an extremely soft counter. Nobody cares about that thing.

RexNovis

Banned
Just about the only things I can think of that would be "hard" counters are

1. A price drop to $250 - seems pretty unlikely

2. A price drop on the Halo bundle to $299 - I feel like this would risk pissing off the hardcore halo fans who bought the bundle already but seeing as they halted the cost of the collectors edition after less than a month I could see this happening

3. Adding significant value to the bundle via games and gift cards - it would have to be 3+ games, yearly live subscriptions or large gift cards included all of which would be pretty damn expensive.

4. Including MCC + Halo 5 or Tomb Raider with existing Gears bundles - of all the options this seems the most likely to me. It is likely to be the least expensive option for them to bios the value of their most attractive bundles.

Regardless of what strategy they have they need to get things rolling soon as the competitors discounts take effect shortly. It's bizarre that they would wait so long to advertise this "hard counter" if they've planned all along. Unless perhaps it is a purely reactionary move and was not planned at all.

$250 with Halo 5 and/or Tomb Raider

"Due to the surge in MAU last month, we would like to celebrate by giving you this deal for the rest of December. Happy holidays and happy gaming!"

DieH@rd

Banned
What is MAU? I'm seeing it a lot lately ...

Monthly Active Users. After abandoning public announcements of Xbone hardware sales, this is MS's new favourite metric of success [that includes all Xbone, X360, Windows and Windows Phone users who interact with Xbox Live services].

You are seeing it a lot because gaffers are having fun with it. :)

e-gamer

http://news.xbox.com/2015/12/03/xbo...-records-windows-10-gaming-continues-to-rise/

Breaks me if old (and it is)

Worldwide Xbox Black Friday sales in the Xbox Store broke records with an increase of 57 percent across Xbox One and Xbox 360, global Xbox Live Gold subscriptions were up over 40 percent, and U.S. Xbox One console sales at retail were up 22 percent over the same period last year, making it the second biggest Black Friday week in 15 years of Xbox history in the U.S.

How much xbox one sold last bf? 1.2 mi?

People were buying consoles digitally so they have to make the distinction.
So the 22% plus from retail for BF could be lower if all channels (f.ex. Amazon) are taken into account?
I know this is nitpicking, but MS PR loves to use these kind of easter eggs.

Welfare

So the 22% plus from retail for BF could be lower if all channels (f.ex. Amazon) are taken into account?
I know this is nitpicking, but MS PR loves to use these kind of easter eggs.

I was trying to make a digital joke. I think I failed.

I don't know why they made that distinction.

Elandyll

Banned
What does hard counter mean?

Only thing I can see is a relation to HARD drive?

A 1TB version (possibly Fallout 4) at the 500Gb price? So Maybe the Fallout 4 and say Holiday bundle at $349 instead of $399?

If that's the counter, then it's going to fall on its face HARD (entry price is what the Holidays are about).

Now if that means the $399 bundles are suddenly going to be $299, that'll be a much more competitive offer, but very costly and pissing off consumers who bought during BF -big- time imo (I know I would be).

A GeoW $299 + 1 free game would be somewhat competitive, but not enough vs the PS4 Star Wars BF bundle same price to make a big difference imo.

freefornow

Gold Member
Did Sony say anything about BF sales at the PSX event?? I believe I read some speculation in here that they may say something as part of the presentation.

Top Bottom