• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2013 [Up5: Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Official PS3/WiiU]

How do you know? And if so, I guess that is positive? The right direction at least.

A NPD executive said Wii U sales are up "over 40 percent."
“Specifically, new platforms like the Wii U and PS Vita demonstrated some momentum from the typical January hardware lull with increases of over 40 percent and 30 percent, respectively.”

This would put it at 80K for February.

DaBoss

Holy shit, I totally missed Sly Cooper being on the chart. I thought that game was sent to die. Either it did really well, or the numbers are low.

Elios83

http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/14/f...-top-spot-crysis-3-cant-outpace-call-of-duty/

Hardware

Hardware sales sputtered out another big loss year-over-year. Total hardware dropped to $244.2 million from $382.9 million in 2012. That’s a 36 percent decrease, but the bad news

“Looking at hardware sales on an average per week basis, all platforms showed an increase from January into February,” said Callahan. “Specifically, new platforms like the Wii U and PS Vita demonstrated some momentum from the typical January hardware lull with increases of over 40 percent and 30 percent, respectively.”

The Wii U sold an estimated 55,000 units in January. A 40 percent increase would put in in the 80,000 range, but it failed to outpace the Xbox 360 yet again.

“Xbox 360 topped hardware sales for February 2013, which marked the nineteenth straight month it has led hardware sales,” said Callahan.
Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/14/f...ant-outpace-call-of-duty/#QLs5BL7uf4dRgcsh.99

So doing the maths:

WiiU 80k
Vita 45k

ezekial45

Banned
What in the everliving fuck is Aliens: Colonial Marines doing on that list?

3cd8a33a.png

Why wouldn't it be on that list? The game a lot of pre-orders and SEGA marketed the hell out of it.

Wiz

Fire Emblem must have done better digitally then retail. NPD doesn't get digital sales information, correct?

Crom

No Fire Emblem ? US gamers you disappoint me.

It is hard to buy a game that isn't on shelves.

I don't think the NPD counts digital either and Fire Emblem had a higher amount than usual since no one could find it in stores.

jvm

Gamasutra.
http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/14/f...-top-spot-crysis-3-cant-outpace-call-of-duty/

Hardware

Hardware sales sputtered out another big loss year-over-year. Total hardware dropped to $244.2 million from $382.9 million in 2012. That’s a 36 percent decrease, but the bad news

“Looking at hardware sales on an average per week basis, all platforms showed an increase from January into February,” said Callahan. “Specifically, new platforms like the Wii U and PS Vita demonstrated some momentum from the typical January hardware lull with increases of over 40 percent and 30 percent, respectively.”

The Wii U sold an estimated 55,000 units in January. A 40 percent increase would put in in the 80,000 range, but it failed to outpace the Xbox 360 yet again.

“Xbox 360 topped hardware sales for February 2013, which marked the nineteenth straight month it has led hardware sales,” said Callahan.
Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/14/f...ant-outpace-call-of-duty/#QLs5BL7uf4dRgcsh.99
Bolded is wrong, I believe. Should be minimum of 64K.

Mokubba

lol at everyone thinking the bottom end of the charts must be terrible

Myself included

Wasn't Sly discounted though from the beginning

How about that? I called the #9 title being the 'GAF goes holy shit' mystery game right on the money.
Just wish it was FE: Awakening and not Sly.

It had the full 4 weeks to sell copies. I suspect it was still an overwhelming disappointment compared to DS2.

I kinda recall rumors(?) saying that DS3 underperformed but I never really looked into it, hence why I'm kinda surprised.

PS3 + Wii + WiiU(?) = 427-443k

Holy shit at Sly charting. Everyone was saying it was gonna bomba hard. Glad to see it didn't. It was also available Day 1 on PSN making it even more impressive. The series is not milked like Ratchet, so good going Sly, now how about ND, or Sanzaru or RaD, work on Jak and Daxter 4 with ND overseeing it?

Madden PSV > Madden WiiU again this month....

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Solid showing for Rising. Hopefully the numbers themselves are good. More for DS3 and Crysis 3 than I would have expected. Shocked that Sly charted.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
most people arent understanding how the Aliens sales happened still i see.

alot of people pre Ordered and brought the game before most reviews were out, it was in the charts for like opening week then dropped straight away showing this was case too (at least in uk )

PhatSaqs

Banned
MS has to be happy as hell with how they've done with the 360. Probably why they are in no rush to announce a new console.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Oh right, guess its hard to go by percentage growth statements if it means by week or by the full month with that 5-weeker.

Still, bad news for being sub 100k though. Thats big trouble anyway you slice it.

Good news for PS3 MGR dragging it up there to Top #5!

Carl

Really happy to see Sly 4 up there :) Looking forward to buying it when it coems out in the UK later this month.

Top Bottom