• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2013 [Up5: Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Official PS3/WiiU]

QaaQer

It is hard to buy a game that isn't on shelves.

I don't think the NPD counts digital either and Fire Emblem had a higher amount than usual since no one could find it in stores.

yup. I've been waiting about a month for a copy. I like Nintendo, but goddamn they can be incompetent sometimes.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sly Cooper on the charts! Honestly pretty amazing after everybody was cracking jokes about its launch.

And 2 Vita games in the top 10. 0 3DS games. Obviously not the Vita SKUs that are selling (although Madden Vita > Wii U -still-)

BearPawB

Banned
most people arent understanding how the Aliens sales happened still i see.

alot of people pre Ordered and brought the game before most reviews were out, it was in the charts for like opening week then dropped straight away showing this was case too (at least in uk )

i have preordered games that turned out to be bad, and on release day just moved my money to something else. Preordering isn't a contract to buy

Elios83

WiiU 80k
Vita 45k

Edit: Actually no, considering they're talking about average weekly increases it's more like:

WiiU 64k
Vita 36k

MrDaravon

No way FE was going to make the list, that game was virtually impossible to find for weeks, and still is. If digital sales counted I'm sure it would have though.

People getting ready for MH3U, are you ready for March NPD?

Oh God, is MH3U the next game that's going to save the Wii U? Is this a thing now like the PS3 chalkboard? Fuck.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't be too worried about the Fire Emblem thing. That game was sold out instantly everywhere that NPD tracks. I'm sure non NPD tracked eShop sales for it did really well.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Dead Space 3 was #1?

I guess EA was justified in their microtransactions, removing the horror and turning it into a bland ass shooter.

God job gamers. Way to go.

Derrick01

Banned
Sly Cooper on the charts! Honestly pretty amazing after everybody was cracking jokes about its launch.

You guys need to stop focusing on chart space and start thinking about the actual sales number. Chances are higher that Sly being on the list indicates a horrendous month of software sales.

Slow month software wise- I wouldn't be surprised if the bottom few were <100k total sales. Great "momentum" by WiiU and Vita- both are still DOA in this market.

Call of Duty never ceases to amaze me with its sales.

Drago

Surprised to see that Fire Emblem didn't make the chart. I could see it having better digital sales than retail though, but still. Shortages must have really hindered it.

So happy that Sly charted, especially considering that it was sent to die. It still probably had underwhelming sales but it's still a pleasure to see it :)

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
So what's the Wii U range? 64k to 80k?

80k was before it was revealed to be per-week basis. So, down from 5-weeker to 4-weeker.

Big uh-ohs. Makes me even question the 50k returns theory of last month too. Unless another 30k-40k returns sloshed in again.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
NA once again reaffirms their lack in taste.

Really awesome that Sly brok Top 10, guess it wasn't a Bomba in Time.

And seeing Rising at 5 is awesome-- wish it would've gotten higher, but Top 5 is still good.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You guys need to stop focusing on chart space and start thinking about the actual sales number. Chances are higher that Sly being on the list indicates a horrendous month of software sales.

“Though there was the same number of February launches that landed in the top ten ranking this year as there were last February, collectively, February 2013 new launches performed worse than last year with unit sales down 30%.”

Yes its worse but its not like Sly Cooper made the top 10 by selling 15 copies. Last years #9 title sold 221k.

which is roughly what I assumed it was going to sell.

Top Bottom