• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2013 [Up5: Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Official PS3/WiiU]

Crom

80k was before it was revealed to be per-week basis. So, down from 5-weeker to 4-weeker.

Big uh-ohs. Makes me even question the 50k returns theory of last month too. Unless another 30k-40k returns sloshed in again.

I am thinking the opposite.

A 40% increase in sales in a month with no releases on the console could lend some credence to the return theory.

sangreal

Where was it revealed to be weekly?

“Looking at hardware sales on an average per week basis, all platforms showed an increase from January into February,” said Callahan. “Specifically, new platforms like the Wii U and PS Vita demonstrated some momentum from the typical January hardware lull with increases of over 40 percent and 30 percent, respectively.”
The Wii U sold an estimated 55,000 units in January. A 40 percent increase would put in in the 80,000 range, but it failed to outpace the Xbox 360 yet again.

Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/14/f...ant-outpace-call-of-duty/#3C764rYCSokGSmkd.99

80k was before it was revealed to be per-week basis. So, down from 5-weeker to 4-weeker.

Big uh-ohs. Makes me even question the 50k returns theory of last month too. Unless another 30k-40k returns sloshed in again.

the fact it went up at all with literally no releases convinces me the returns theory for january is completely true

NotLiquid

If the EA rep said that he wished MGR sold better than it did even though it charted, and sales for A:CM most likely dropped stone dead after the first couple of days much like DNF did, it's probably safe to assume it was a rather slow month in general. So yeah, I don't think Sly charting means that much.

Tenki

No Fire Emblem and Aliens at 6.

ibkjrFpr1p29oN.gif

TheNatural

My Member!
64K for the Wii U is still terrible. These rough months are going to last well on into late 2013 with what we know about the future release list up until holidays.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Where was it revealed to be weekly?

“Looking at hardware sales on an average per week basis, all platforms showed an increase from January into February. Specifically, new platforms like the Wii U and PS Vita demonstrated some momentum from the typical January hardware lull with increases of over 40% and 30% respectively.”

jvm kind enough to point out when we kept going with 80k which would be reading it wrong. So we're in the 64k to like 66k region really.

Assuming the Wii u did 65K, how does it compare to the PS360 launch aligned?

Bad. Sub 100k zone is a cold cold place to be so soon.

Wii U increase? The momentum is building! It's just hitting it's stride!

I'm happy for Platinum Games since now I know they'll have a bit more cash for future projects they want to do.

TheNatural

My Member!
It's fallen behind both.

What a shock. Where are all those people who held that house of cards up in the last NPD.

"You still have to wait and see!"

I guess this is going to be the most repeated phrase up until October or November when a major game may finally be released for Wii U.

donny2112

New Brain Training bombed?

The first two were multimillion sellers...

Not in their first months.
I'm sure it bombed. 1) Most of that market has moved on, seemingly. 2) The market that stayed had a good portion of people who recognized the inherent necessity to download the game to get the most out of it, so it wouldn't show up in NPD, anyways.

There isn't much stock in the January returns theory.

The 40% increase is in line with the 360's increase in weekly average of 34%.

If January sales were 100K, I would expect a number north of 80K.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I included Kevin Dent's statement as a note, but I'm leaving in the statement calculation since I don't know if he's just reading VentureBeat.

Top Bottom