• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2013 [Up5: Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Official PS3/WiiU]

In a separate statement, Nintendo reported that 455,000 units of hardware were sold in the U.S. in February, pushing 3DS past 8 million units to date. 180,000 copies of Fire Emblem Awakening were sold in the U.S. in February (117,000 at retail and 63,000 digitally). Nintendo added that "by comparison, the previous hand-held entrant in the franchise – Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon – has sold a little more than 250,000 units life to date in the United States

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/14/dead-space-3-leads-us-sales-in-february

...Digital numbers.
WE HAVE THEM.

If Nintendo Consoles = 455k and Wii U = 64k then:
Wii + DS + 3DS = 391k.

Defending that #1 spot like a champ.

beastmodetoinfinity.gif

Where's this from? Is there a youtube video?

jerd

Without games, this is the truth of the Nintendo faithful. An ever shrinking market. Also with newer consoles on the horizon to steal interest, it could fall ever sharper behind.

Fixed. I'm not sure why people keep claiming its anything besides that. There is barely a desirable game on the console, which means nobody is going to want it.

antitrop

That fat woman GIF makes my evening and I'm amused and surprised that Sly Cooper made the top 10 with no marketing whatsoever.

Celine

In a separate statement, Nintendo reported that 455,000 units of hardware were sold in the U.S. in February, pushing 3DS past 8 million units to date. 180,000 copies of Fire Emblem Awakening were sold in the U.S. in February (117,000 at retail and 63,000 digitally). Nintendo added that "by comparison, the previous hand-held entrant in the franchise – Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon – has sold a little more than 250,000 units life to date in the United States

...Digital numbers.
WE HAVE THEM.
I have this LTDs for the GBA/GC FEs

Fire Emblem = 393K
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones = 247K
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance = 86K

Kusagari

The Sly sales say to me that the series must have a larger dedicated fanbase than anyone expected.

I really doubt many uninitiated bought it.

Do people realise that the majority of consumers don't read reviews? So, AC:M may have got bad reviews but it probably had enough marketing to make it a success.

Miker

So no hard numbers for the top 10, right? I'm just curious as to how well Sly sold at retail vs. FE Awakening.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
9. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3, PSV) Sony

Guess Sony is not completely wrong putting LBP3 on PS3 (if the rumors are true) if PS3 can be their family friendly platform it will be interesting because they never have a clear strategy on what they do with their old console when release a new one.

Good 360 and (likely) PS3 numbers. MS will easily come out #1 in the US all said and done.

I remember as recently as like a few months ago people used to argue with me vehemently against that. Now seems predictable. 360 is ~2.4m behind I believe (if Wii sold ~100k this month) so it's trending to overtake Wii perhaps in Nov or Dec (assuming average 200k/month gain in non holiday months).

I will say I also predicted 360 might overtake Wii in overall WW shipments late as well, which now looks sort of increasingly unlikely (360 running out of steam faster than I expected)

Sly Cooper did surprisingly well.And essentially a 68K maximum.

First 4 months in graphical form.
sKHkzEz.png

I feel like raw number are misleading when 360 and even PS3 had major supply constraints early, where Wii U was plentiful almost from the start.

Not a disastrous number for Wii U this month though. Just a bad one, that almost looks ok due to expectations being so low after January.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

...Digital numbers.
WE HAVE THEM.

That Nintendo figure would count digital copies sold with the bundle right? I wonder how many of those they shipped out.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The Sly sales say to me that the series must have a larger dedicated fanbase than anyone expected.

I think the reduced price contributed. And that's a good signal that maybe having a flexible pricing system isn't a bad idea, after all.

Ah, yes, we have the NINTENDO FAMILY now! :lol

Tagg9

With zero advertising, it's likely that all buyers had already played a previous game in the series.

UberTag

Wow, eShop sales are half of retail. That is damn impressive. I wonder if those digital numbers would push FE Awakening into the top 10.
The fact that we're seeing that percentage of digital sales on a Nintendo platform of all things (even for a title that's supply constrained at retail) - 35% for Fire Emblem - definitely calls to light that digital sales are a growing subsection of the industry that we simply don't have any visibility into via NPD reports.

I feel like raw number are misleading when 360 and even PS3 had major supply constraints early, where Wii U was plentiful almost from the start.

Not a disastrous number for Wii U this month though. Just a bad one, that almost looks ok due to expectations being so low after January.

Yeah but there's no way to quantify "what ifs" and doing so in a topic where everything is led by actual numbers is a bit silly

Gears of War 3 did over 2 million.

As far as I have understood marketing for Judgement has been rather abysmal compared to Ascension and like Ascension it feels kinda unwanted spin off . Of course Gears3 was so damn big that Judgement could still sell way more. Both will be in Top 5 easily though.

Top Bottom