• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2013 [Up5: Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Official PS3/WiiU]

So IF that 40% week on week increase is true, then WiiU's number is 64K and Vita's number (30% week on week increase) would be 36K.

That would mean:

PS3 + Wii = 363 - 379K

New Brain Training bombed?

The first two were multimillion sellers...

iOS happened bro. No room for $30 brain training games when you can get them on iOS for $5, albeit with less presentation and less content, that's more than enough for most people. Much like smart as on psvita, brain training should have been a downloadable $10 game.

jvm kind enough to point out when we kept going with 80k which would be reading it wrong. So we're in the 64k to like 66k region really.

Oh okay. Never mind then...I didn't see that. Yeah, 64k-66k is correct according to that press release. It's not 80k.

NPD Wii U, January 2013 (first January):

NPD GameCube, January 2002 (first January):

NPD Wii U, February 2013 (first February):
----64,000-66,000

NPD GameCube, February 2002 (first February):

Currently tracking behind the GameCube by ~12-14k. NOT GOOD for the Wii U.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
So this is a trust worthy guy?

80k isn't amazing but it's better than January.

Most likely reading it wrong like the rest of us were. I'd have to assume jvm was correcting us kindly :p

Oh okay. Never mind then...I didn't see that. Yeah, 64k-66k is correct according to that press release. It's not 80k.

NPD Wii U, January 2013 (first January):

NPD GameCube, January 2002 (first January):

NPD Wii U, February 2013 (first February):
----64000-66000

NPD GameCube, February 2002 (first February):

Currently tracking behind the GameCube by ~12-14k. NOT GOOD for the Wii U.

Without that casual audience boost, this is the truth of the Nintendo faithful. An ever shrinking market. Also with newer consoles on the horizon to steal interest, it could fall ever sharper behind.

Xena

No copies to sell.

Indeed. I went to virtually every gamestop and store in my city and nearby cities and couldn't find not even the game itself (I was looking for the DS bundle). I ended up getting a digital copy on eshop then.

Bruno MB

No sales numbers for any game yet, anyways:

Dead Space 2 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts - 452K (January 2011 - 5 days of sales)
Dead Space 2 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts - Over 285.6k (February 2011)

Crysis 2 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts - ? (March 2011 - 13 days of sales)
Crysis 2 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts - 236K (April 2011)

There isn't much stock in the January returns theory.

The 40% increase is in line with the 360's increase in weekly average of 34%.

If January sales were 100K, I would expect a number north of 80K.

the 360 had games released for it though, for me today has proved the return theory

NotLiquid

If Wii U did go under 80k it begs the question how well PS3 performed. It really couldn't have been that far behind the 360 if that 41% combined figure is to be believed. Or the Wii is still shaving too many sales.

Crom

Americans have terrible taste. Aliens on that list and no Fire Emblem ugh

The game seems to have sold better than past versions over here (when you include digital)

The game is very hard to find though because Nintendo didn't ship enough of them. Some people that preordered the game on Amazon still haven't received a copy.

The NPD doesn't include digital copies in which it sold a boatload of since people couldn't find it in stores.

Takao

Banned
you know what would be sad

if sly cooper had a better first month than ps all-stars

which is actually possible even if it is february and sly didn't do that much

Alex

Stores around me don't even have the game. Nintendo fucked up bad.

I got lucky and found a sole copy at Walmart back when it first came out, haven't seen it since. Although I don't really think that it's that wonderful anyway, it's actually a fairly so-so Fire Emblem game outside of the polish. If I'm going to lament something not placing that never had any chance to place, I'm going for broke and roll with EO4, baby. One of the best entries in it's genre in quite some time and such a great improvement...if only something could be done about that art.

Nintendo needs to announce their Q2 release slate and it'd better include Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, and Wonderful 101. They can't expect good numbers when NSMBU and ZombiU are still the only notable exclusives (I guess you can add Lego City soon).

Hero

Those are some pathetic numbers all around.

Depressing as hell to see Aliens chart that high.

Would be curious to see if Nintendo shipped enough FE for it to make individual SKU top 10.

LQX

No Fire Emblem and Aliens at 6.

ibkjrFpr1p29oN.gif

Where is the flour? He's trying to bake a cake right?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
80k would be lower than the PS3's worst month ever in the US and that was during its first summer when we were dealing with "PS3 has no games". Oh, and it was $599!

IT ISN'T 80K PEOPLE.

We fucked up, as many are, not reading the by weekly qualifier. 64k to probably an upper arm of 66k.

Hoping for 80k-82k Wii U sales. I have a bet riding on this.

Commiserations.

Majmun

So, is the 50k returned Wii U's story true?

If so, that would mean the console sold less in feb than in jan.

Elios83

Those are some pathetic numbers all around.

Depressing as hell to see Aliens chart that high.

Would be curious to see if Nintendo shipped enough FE for it to make individual SKU top 10.

Pathetic for everything not called 360 and PS3.
WiiU and Vita are big losers at this point.

Top Bottom