• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2015 [Up1: Nintendo numbers, PS4 placing]

Reallink

Sony and MS need to bone and make a platform together next gen, no reason to split the user base anymore.

With a CEO publicly critical of the segment, recurring rumors of courting potential buyers of the Xbox brand, and all the Phantom Dust revelations (peanut budgets, fake reveals of fake games), it's really beginning to smell like MS has got their foot out the door of the traditional console space.

Great initial month for BB, but is this going to have legs, or is it the type of game that's going to disappear soon? I'm not quite sure.

One of the guys in retail here said it has legs. It is still hanging around in the Amazon top 20. Once it gets a price cut to around $40 I expect a big spike in sales.

RdN

I usually don't care much about console sales and stuff, but I'm really happy to see MLB The Show high on the best selling list.

It is, hands down, the best sports game available and it's awesome to see it selling well and almost guaranteeing that Sony will keep investing in the license and franchise.

Time for Welfare to eat it! So niche.

Should have had Shogun in on this too.

I actually wasn't far off whatsoever. Started off thinking 250k - 350k was leaning towards 250.

Then posted last week it was gonna be close to my top end and was impressed with it. The difference between 350 and 389 is negligible.

Pretty sure I put 350, or maybe it was 300k was my top end? Haha either way Bloodborne did great and congrats to Sony and From!!

Mr Moose

There are plenty of hat options out there you know, you don't have to eat a bearskin lol

i42AFimvcDgBN.jpg

Is there any reason why EA would sign a marketing deal for Battlefront? I'm guessing they are planning on getting in on the movie hype, so using Sony or MS wouldn't really be necessary.

It's a all about money, Microsoft and Sony would pay big money to get advertising to such as big game. I'm sure it would be justified as well through exclusive bundles and shit like that, it's something which I think will happen. I'd like it not to be the case and that could happen because I just saw a hardline advert on TV and there was no exclusive marketing there, Sony only got the beta first. Battlefront does not need hype but then again these co-marketing deals don't raise awareness of a game, rather just have a 3 second ending of a Playstation or Xbox logo. For that each company will pay stupid money, why would EA not pay for it?

EA are going to win big time with this game, like really big from the fact alone that the game will release around the same time. They will have Star Wars hype thanks to that and if there's co-marketing then even less money they need to spend. EA won.

Nah, that would be total cop out.

-------------------------------------------

Maybe I can get another punishment, like wearing humiliating/silly avatar? I can take the other crow avatar.

This may be off-topic but if it helps you, I'm willing to tell you my childhood experience in eating crow:

Having spent my childhood growing up in Indonesia as an American-born Chinese, my family frequently dined at this Chinese seafood restaurant near our home that served fried pigeons as part of its menu. On some occasion, they substituted pigeon with crow. Being 8 years old at the time and having consumed fried crow, I remember it being delicious. Fried crow was similar to fried pigeon, the difference being that fried crow was a bit larger than fried pigeon; meatier, too. Crows in Indonesia aren't as large as crows here in Los Angeles though, but it may have to do with different urban environments as well.

As a result of that, any time I see crows, I don't really fear them or anything; I see them as delicious fried crow. This may explain why crows have kept their distance from me even after I moved to Los Angeles.

Anyway, whenever someone says "eating crow" as a negative connotation, I have to wonder where and why that colloquialism came about, because fried crows are pretty tasty.

This may be off-topic but if it helps you, I'm willing to tell you my childhood experience in eating crow:

Having spent my childhood growing up in Indonesia as an American-born Chinese, my family frequently dined at this Chinese seafood restaurant near our home that served fried pigeons as part of its menu. On some occasion, they substituted pigeon with crow. Being 8 years old at the time and having consumed fried crow, I remember it being delicious. Fried crow was similar to fried pigeon, the difference being that fried crow was a bit larger than fried pigeon; meatier, too. Crows in Indonesia aren't as large as crows here in Los Angeles though, but it may have to do with different urban environments as well.

As a result of that, any time I see crows, I don't really fear them or anything; I see them as delicious fried crow. This may explain why crows have kept their distance from me even after I moved to Los Angeles.

Anyway, whenever someone says "eating crow" as a negative connotation, I have to wonder where and why that colloquialism came about, because fried crows are pretty tasty.

Hey Chobel time to catch a crow and fry it.

Sterok

Out of curiosity since Sony has the marketing deal, how well did the first two Battlefronts sell? Nice to know for reference how much the series can increase. I hope the new one is good, since I loved them both.

Chobel

That's all good, except that I have to eat a hat (T_T), and in this case, literally eat it.

Out of curiosity since Sony has the marketing deal, how well did the first two Battlefronts sell? Nice to know for reference how much the series can increase. I hope the new one is good, since I loved them both.

Time to jump in a time machine, I don't think we have sale numbers that go way back to PS2 days or do we?

That's all good, except that I have to eat a hat (T_T), and in this case, literally eat it.

You could do a hat trick and pull some pigeons or crows out of it and then cook them. :p

Alternatively, you could also do what Iron Wok Jan did in one of the story arcs involving pigeon-blood jelly dessert.

Top Bottom