• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2015 [Up1: Nintendo numbers, PS4 placing]

JSR

I wonder how Code Name S.T.E.A.M. performed. Nintendo put some actual marketing behind the game, but the reviews probably counteracted a lot of it.

Edit: Never mind, the answer is right above me. Bummer it didn't do better, it would've been nice to see a new Nintendo IP see more success. Thanks for the numbers!

RexNovis

Banned
PS4 340k
XB1 235k
WIU 85K

.... That's incredibly underwhelming for PS4 and XB1 wow. Uggh between these numbers and my predictions on BFH I honestly couldnt have been more wrong this month. Yeesh guess I'm way more out of touch with the US market than I thought I was.

Mory Dunz

Do we know all of Smash U's months?

I mean, we probably know it's first month, and we know it's current LTD.
And we know it's above 50K for this month.

Dunno, I wonder how steady it's been

So with a 700k gap now in Sony's favor:

-How much do you guys think the gap will be this Holiday after they throw the Batman & MGSV Bundles with Battlefront Marketing?

-How much do you think Microsoft will close gap after holiday?

I think Sony will not let Microsoft get a repeat of holiday 2014. Expect a PS4 pricecut at Gamescom.

-How much do you guys think the gap will be this Holiday after they throw the Batman & MGSV Bundles with Battlefront Marketing?

I think it all depends on holiday pricing.

I'm feeling $299 for both machines, and I'd expect Sony to win any months with even pricing.

GamerJM

Banned
It would have been amusing if 101 sold 3k less, then we could call it the Wonderful 101k copies sold

Also thanks for the number cream!

damisa

So how much did Bloodborne boost PS4 sales this month? Was there an increase in PS4 sales this month?

No, in fact PS4 sales are down 25% on a weekly basis from last month. That's more than XB1 dropped. The Order is a bigger system seller than BB confirmed :b

ethomaz

Banned

I think the gap will be over 1.5m before October.

After that if Sony did a price cut I guess the holidays will be even... if not MS will drop the gap to close 1m.

Mario Party 10 charting so high... :x

You're paying $50 for two-thirds of the game... not trying to troll, because I love Nintendo and all, but come on.

I have to assume most of the sales stem from that $60 bundle that comes with a Mario amiibo. At least then you get the whole game... albeit reduced since don't you need more than one amiibo to play amiibo party, or is it 1 vs 3 bots?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Woot Captain Toad! Happy for the little guy.

Dam at that 31k. Intelligent Systems bomba title ;.;

GamerJM

Banned
Also FFF = Fossil Fighters: Frontier? Was not expecting that to outsell STEAM. I always forget Fossil Fighters is a series that exists, is it any good? It always looked alright-solid to me but no one ever talks about it.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
FFF ~ 35
Strike Team Eliminating the Alien Menace ~ 31

LTD:
Mushroom ~ 326
ZU ~ 204
B2 ~ 157

101 ~ 104
TEARAWAY ~ 75

Wow, nice for Toad. Sold another 46K these past 2 months. Hm, not bad for ZU, and it looks like Bayo has sold a bit more since last time we had #s.

FFF ~ 35
Strike Team Eliminating the Alien Menace ~ 31

LTD:
Mushroom ~ 326
ZU ~ 204
B2 ~ 157

101 ~ 104
TEARAWAY ~ 75

What is FFF supposed to be?

EDIT:
Woops, got ninja-ed:

Also FFF = Fossil Fighters: Frontier? Was not expecting that to outsell STEAM. I always forget Fossil Fighters is a series that exists, is it any good? It always looked alright-solid to me but no one ever talks about it.

Elios83

Impossible to tell without considering the effect of possible price drops especially on Sony's part.
It's realistic to think that without an other Xbox price drop Ps4 will continue to gain ground until Halo 5.
But what if MS drops price to 299$ at E3?
I also think that PS4 will get a price cut in time for the MGS5 launch on 1st Sept and if they cut to 299$ MS will likely lose ground during the holiday season as well, Halo or not.

Kill3r7

Assuming MS does nothing between now and October I expect the gap to grow to around 1.3 million.

Impossible to tell without considering the effect of possible price drops especially on Sony's part.
It's realistic to think that without an other Xbox price drop Ps4 will continue to gain ground until Halo 5.
But what if MS drops price to 299$ at E3?
I also think that PS4 will get a price cut in time for the MGS5 launch on 1st Sept and if they cut to 299$ MS will likely lose ground during the holiday season as well, Halo or not.

MS will go $299 for the holidays, they won't do it at E3. Sony will go $349 for the holidays and have much better value/priced bundles than they offered last year (which obviously sold really well)

So did Screamride do 10k or 20k? :(

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
While I'm happy to see Nintendo's titles performing a bit better on Wii U lately, I'm not really happy to see the turd that is Mario Party 10 profiting off it. Kirby probably (yeah, thanks NoE for not letting me know yet) would have deserved it a lot more.

Bgamer90

Banned

Still too hard to say. E3 will make a clearer picture of the second half of the year.

Depends on price drops, reception of exclusives as well as when they are released, marketing and/or timed exclusive deals, etc.

I could see the gap in January 2016 being as high as 2 Million or as low as 500K right now.

Chobel

Hey at least I didnt bet I would eat my hat if I was wrong. I might have been pretty convinced I was right but I wasnt stupid enough to bet on it as absolute certainty so ya know. Speaking of which how does hat taste?

Mine appeared really safe bet though, unlike what you have predicted. "Absolute Bomb"? C'mon.

No idea about the taste, still didn't try it.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Wonder how close Toad is to 1 million WW. Might be reachable

Well it's definitely past 500K (just adding US + JP already gets us to 460K). I don't think it's 1M WW though, but it may be getting there.

So Harker, does the Wii U software landscape look slightly healthier these days in your opinion? We have 3 titles over 50K for once, with a solid #1.

NateDrake

Well it's definitely past 500K (just adding US + JP already gets us to 460K). I don't think it's 1M WW though, but it may be getting there.

I wonder what digital sales are for Toad. Seems like a digital friendly type of game. If we estimate 10% in US, it could be over 350k in US alone.

e-gamer

So using 82.5K for Wii U:
PS4 330K
XB1 229K
WiiU 82.5K

edit:
last gen:
Wii 721K
360 262K
PS3 257K

Wii sold more than PS4 + XB1 + Wii u combined

If MS says that XB1 sold above 360 in the same timelife then it might be at least 270k for XB1.

Deeper side: All the consoles together sold less than a half of last gen.

Top Bottom