• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2015 [Up3: Combined Hardware For PS4 + XB1 + Wii U]

It does when it's a system's crown jewel like Uncharted. Halo 5 disappointed, but it has limited appeal outside NA, and launched to a platform with only 15M install base.

UC4 is going to launch to a WW audience, to an install base of close to 40M when it releases. This is common sense.

And I suggested you stop posting because you are spewing bullshit that makes no sense, not because of the one comment I quoted.

Stop, take a deep breath, and gather your thoughts before you type.

Or you can also calm down and think for a second.

Because Jak was a staple, and it didn't do better than SMS.

Medal of Honor was a staple and it didn't come close to Halo.

I also wonder if any Wrpg on the PS2 beat Fable.

It can work, it can happen, that does not guarantee that install base WILL mean higher sales. I mean uncharted Collection did meh until ti was discounted and heavily bundled.

killroy87

I'm legit surprised Battlefront didn't beat Fallout. I know Fallout is huge and everything, but the hype surrounding BF was huuuuuuge. I wonder how close they were, and if the middling reactions damaged it.

VRb26TO.jpg

It should have said "hundreds of copies sold."

Bluenoser

Timespliters, Medal of Honor, Half-Life, Red Faction, Tribes, 007, SWBF

of the games I just listed, a lot of them were not released on Xbox with some or all installments, the ones that did usually did not sell well in comparison tot he PS2 by a margin of which the Xbox version may as well be a niche title. Some were pretty much remembered for being ont he PS2, a lot of these series had games that sold millions..On the PS2 with I think maybe 2 exceptions.

of course I'm talking about installments during the active years of the PS2 and Xbox.

Now with a line-up such as this, none of these games reached the levels close to Halo other than, and anybody correct me if i am wrong, Metal of Honor Frontline was the closest a game got to the lowest selling Halo Xbox title. And Xbox had just as many choices as the PS2 pretty much.

This is similar for the PS2, With Sly, Ratchet, and Jak, along with other PS2 favortie multiplats such as TY the tiger, Rayman 2, Spyro, Crash, and Tak, the closest that PS2 got to coming to the sales of SMS was the first Jak game.

Are you still going on about this? You are literally comparing the strongest performing games on other consoles to the less popular games on PS2. Why not compare top games to top games? How about Gran Turismo, or Metal Gear Solid 2, Final Fantasy X, etc. You are just shitposting now. All of this has dick all to do with 2015 NPD sales.

Cyclone

So long as UC4 increases in sales in the first month over UC3, it should out do Halo 5's launch month. Halo 5 didn't exactly pull crazy, unbeatable numbers.

Where are people getting Halo 5's numbers from? We don't even know. just that Halo hardware+software did $400 mil in 7 days.

Not sure where to post this, so screw it:

4451d538f8a3170d184dcbd4bb257011.png

Btw, Zhuge is pretty much reliable at this point. He doesn't talk out of his ass.

We have zero other sources for China, he may or may not have credibility I am new so I don't know but China? We haven't even got vagueness from any even remote official source, and we don't have any numbers for the other 2? Not even snip it from random retailer? I think China is out of the question for awhile.

But everywhere else yeas no problem.

Ōkami;188763749 said:
Over 3m number should include WiiU, maybe Greenberg just forgot about it.

He explicitly said PS4 and XOne. He had enough characters left over to put '& WiiU' but didn't.

Everyone's just purposefully tweeting things to rile GAF up.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Is anyone really surprised that CoD sold more on X1? The brand has been associated with Xbox for so many years. It's probably why MS had no issue with Sony getting the marketing.

Of course we have no idea if bundles would make up the difference.

Mory Dunz

I love these threads, great comedy from those emotionally invested in their purchase. This gen has been settled for well over a year now, looking forward to even more focus on the games next time around assuming lessons have been learnt.

Hoping both these can still go strong and Nintendo serves up better with the NX, we're getting some pretty good games at the moment.

tumblr_mmo9kdu94L1r6v8qyo1_250.gif

;)

I know right. It's kind of funny. The wars make the thread interesting at least I suppose.

For me, it's a shit attitude like you said when you do a third-party game become an exclusive (even 1 year) whereas the first game was multiplat and the licence has peaked with the PlayStation gamers ...

And don't lose your mind, I don't even like the Street Fighter 5 exclusive (console exclusive) for PS4 because there are, any doubts, many SF gamers on Xbox One, especially if you release a game multiplat (Street Fighter 4 on PS3/360) and don't release the sequel then ...

So, yes I hope it will bomb on PS4 next year, next time, don't play with gamers Square Enix, don't ignore a community because of "MS's check" :)

And I hope for PS4 gamers that Tomb Raider will be at 40$/€ max with all the DLCs !

I mean, you have to factor in that the exclusivity deal with Sony for SF5 basically only happened because Capcom needed Sony to FUND THE GAME.

allan-bh

I'm legit surprised Battlefront didn't beat Fallout. I know Fallout is huge and everything, but the hype surrounding BF was huuuuuuge. I wonder how close they were, and if the middling reactions damaged it.

I didn't see the numbers yet but I'm feeling that Battlefront is the flop (relative speaking) of the year, or maybe the second flop because Halo 5 sold bad.

Javin98

Banned
We need NPD_George to give us the numbers! Him or creamsugar, depends on who prepares their dishes faster. Cream likes his pies nice and sweet, though.

singhr1

Knew all the positive Xbox One articles today was controlled damage report due to NPD results. There ya go.

LOLOLOL. Can't believe people think this way. Two Xbox articles and one PS4 article. One from interviews weeks ago. "Damage control" Man you people

killroy87

I didn't see the numbers yet but I'm feeling that Battlefront is the flop (relative speaking) of the year, or maybe the second flop because Halo 5 sold bad.

BF will have looong legs though. Star Wars isn't going anywhere for a good long time.

Syndicate is easily the high budget disappointment of the fall. And a real shame, too.

kuroshiki

Yeah, but Tomb Raider will sell on PC and PS4. Multiplat is not in the cards for the order.

Not sure how well ROTR will sell after 1 year late on PS4, and undetermined release date on PC. (Early march?)

No matter how you look at this Square enix made really, really bad deal.

Top Bottom